Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The average person would be shocked with how many movies are made every year. Most of them lose money. Why do they keep making so many if they know theyre likely losing money?

Tent-pole (entertainment) - Wikipedia

A lot of movies are made to finance other movies being made. There's also always the hope that a movie will be unexpectedly successful.

247 update from All American Bowl:
Seldon is gonna be so good. i see posts saying hes definitley starting, which i think is a bit pre mature, but coming in a 210, plus whatever he's able to get done in s&c this off season, and his natural skill sets, i'm gonna be hard pressed to imagine that he's not a contributor early and often.

and you have to think with the quantity of quality we have coming in on the defensive side of the ball, there's some youngins that figure to improve the competition level quite a bit this off season.

not sure yet how any of that significantly impacts next season, but it's hard not to be excited about the next 3 years, even if this year is a step back from 2022.

December 3, 1932

UT - 32
UF - 13

default.jpg

Seldon is gonna be so good. i see posts saying hes definitley starting, which i think is a bit pre mature, but coming in a 210, plus whatever he's able to get done in s&c this off season, and his natural skill sets, i'm gonna be hard pressed to imagine that he's not a contributor early and often.

and you have to think with the quantity of quality we have coming in on the defensive side of the ball, there's some youngins that figure to improve the competition level quite a bit this off season.

not sure yet how any of that significantly impacts next season, but it's hard not to be excited about the next 3 years, even if this year is a step back from 2022.
This year was expected to be a step back from 2021.

So Tulane beat the Big12 champs on the road.
Avenged their loss to UCF in the AAC Championship game.
And beat USC in the Cotton Bowl.

That's pretty darn impressive.
outside of UGA, it was not the year of the Power 5 Conf Champs....Utah goes down, Clemson goes down, Michigan goes down, KSU goes down.....as much as i'd like to win the conf, losing some of those bowl games would suck....especially Michigan, and KSU to an extent. you have this great season, win your conf, and your prize is Bama after a month off and their two best players staying on for the bowl game....

I am really interested to see the wrinkles that we start to add in this offense once we have more dynamic playmakers.

That option package with Sampson, the interesting package we ran vs LSU with Squirrel at RB. I think we're going to start putting these guys all over the place to create mismatches and have a ball.

If we keep stacking guys like Cam, by the time that Nico is the starter we will be doing all sorts of wild stuff. Can't wait.

This year was expected to be a step back from 2021.
on the one hand, i see what you're saying, but really, it wasn't. the one big if was the defense, i think everyone expected the offense to take a step. and most even keeled prognosticators, self included, had a modicum of progress record wise, to like an 8-4/9-3 type season off the 7-6 2021 season. i don't know how many really had us going backwards, even by a step?

11-2, top 5....a step back isn't awful....4 or 5 steps back, that's a different story lol.

I am really interested to see the wrinkles that we start to add in this offense once we have more dynamic playmakers.

That option package with Sampson, the interesting package we ran vs LSU with Squirrel at RB. I think we're going to start putting these guys all over the place to create mismatches and have a ball.

If we keep stacking guys like Cam, by the time that Nico is the starter we will be doing all sorts of wild stuff. Can't wait.
it's gonna sound cliche, but we haven't really involved the RB's, or TE's on any consistent basis, in the pass game. i think we're about to have guys on this roster that can be dynamic...eh, more dyanmic...than some of what we've had thus far.

it may be unrealistic, but i'm envisioning video game cheat code type stuff. :)

on the one hand, i see what you're saying, but really, it wasn't. the one big if was the defense, i think everyone expected the offense to take a step. and most even keeled prognosticators, self included, had a modicum of progress record wise, to like an 8-4/9-3 type season off the 7-6 2021 season. i don't know how many really had us going backwards, even by a step?

11-2, top 5....a step back isn't awful....4 or 5 steps back, that's a different story lol.
To me, and this might not be accurate but 7-5 would qualify as “4-5 steps backwards” for next season. Hopefully Tennessee can keep the momentum and pull out 9-3 or 10-2 one. I think it’s crucial for recruiting and perception from recruits that 2022 wasn’t just a one hit wonder season due to all of the super seniors.

Not sure if its been said yet, but what happened at LSU is possibly attributed to the culture Orgeron cultivated in Baton Rouge.

You KNOW that stuff was happening under his watch. And you KNOW he was participating... possibly instigating. Some of those employees are probably new, but if that behavior and distraction is still within the culture of the team and some holdover staff then it doesn't take much for newbies to get pulled into it.

It could've been a contributing factor to pushing Coach O out. We heard plenty of stories of his behavior in the community. He was a lawsuit and scandal waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back