Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read several threads and articles on other fan sites wondering “where do six wins come from?” We were picked fourth in the East and unranked going into the season. How bad was our OL going to regress without Cade Mays? Bru McCoy hasn’t played in two seasons…how is he going to replace Javonta Payton? Exactly how much production do we get out of Jalin? Tiyon Evans is irreplaceable, who cares that he never played? We had a chance for an explosive RB, but the staff couldn’t implement J-Lynn Dixon and there’s no one left. Getting Hooker and Tillman back was a win but the rest of college football has figured out the Air Raid and that’s what Heupel runs with no use of the TE…so what good is Princeton Fant? “Hope I’m wrong” but same old same old Bama, UGA, LSU, Kentucky and Florida are automatic losses and most likely add Pitt. We’ll destroy SC (ughhh on that one) and Vandy and the cupcakes, but Mizzou could easily stand between us and that sixth win. 🤮
yeah, i remember seeing that here, but i don't recall that being the predominant wisdom for prognosticators at large. rival fan bases, the usual negative nancies here, sure. Hell in August Roman Harper picked us to go 10-2 on live TV in front of gawd and everybody lol.

Joe T and Greg M referenced some of the pre season narrative on us as the Orange bowl was ending, and while it's safe to say we more than exceeded expectations, the general feeling was we'd progress, and if the defense got good, look out....that's all.

if memory serves, and not to nit pick, we were picked 3rd in the SEC E at media days behind UGA and UK...these were the same people that picked LSU 5th, and aTm 2nd so do with that what you will.......ESPN FPI had us 7-5...with less than 50% chance of winning at Pitt, LSU, UK. and a little over 50% chance of beating USCe.....all the 247 guys had 8-4...except Patrick Brown at 9-3. CFN had 8-4 as well i think.

long story short, if your predominant source of recollection is here/message boards/twitter etc..., then yeah, i agree, i remember seeing all the same things you referenced. if it's an "outside looking in" perspective of what 2022 looked like, most had us making at least a 1 game step in the right direction to 8-4, maybe 9-3 if we won a game we weren't supposed to.

all that to say....a step back next year just isn't a terrible thing, is all i was trying to get at. and it's definitely not as terrible a thing as it has been in the past where that would entail falling back to losing seasons, missing bowls and likely firing up the coach search boards.... :)

i think we're past that......lol

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s gay or if it’s that he has been hit by his wife too many times. @Glitch and @Jackcrevol is constantly flinching….. the signs of spousal abuse are there.

My wife has never hit me.
9a50ea04-d2b7-41fb-84ba-2a2e61009e03_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back