Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, and this might not be accurate but 7-5 would qualify as “4-5 steps backwards” for next season. Hopefully Tennessee can keep the momentum and pull out 9-3 or 10-2 one. I think it’s crucial for recruiting and perception from recruits that 2022 wasn’t just a one hit wonder season due to all of the super seniors.
i mean, you can't fall flat on your face, sure. but i think the perception you're speaking about has to do with capability, not ability. we've always been able, but for the past 15 years, not very capable.

that perception can safely be put to rest. if nothing else, we showed what we're now capable of.

Reactions: VolNash17
i mean, you can't fall flat on your face, sure. but i think the perception you're speaking about has to do with capability, not ability. we've always been able, but for the past 15 years, not very capable.

that perception can safely be put to rest. if nothing else, we showed what we're now capable of.
True, but momentum purposes that scenario wouldn’t quite be ideal. We already hear the other coaches trying to say this season is a one hit wonder type. Back it up with another 9-3 and I think we’re safe. Although 7-5 is highly unlikely with this staff. That’s just worst case scenario

on the one hand, i see what you're saying, but really, it wasn't. the one big if was the defense, i think everyone expected the offense to take a step. and most even keeled prognosticators, self included, had a modicum of progress record wise, to like an 8-4/9-3 type season off the 7-6 2021 season. i don't know how many really had us going backwards, even by a step?

11-2, top 5....a step back isn't awful....4 or 5 steps back, that's a different story lol.
Read several threads and articles on other fan sites wondering “where do six wins come from?” We were picked fourth in the East and unranked going into the season. How bad was our OL going to regress without Cade Mays? Bru McCoy hasn’t played in two seasons…how is he going to replace Javonta Payton? Exactly how much production do we get out of Jalin? Tiyon Evans is irreplaceable, who cares that he never played? We had a chance for an explosive RB, but the staff couldn’t implement J-Lynn Dixon and there’s no one left. Getting Hooker and Tillman back was a win but the rest of college football has figured out the Air Raid and that’s what Heupel runs with no use of the TE…so what good is Princeton Fant? “Hope I’m wrong” but same old same old Bama, UGA, LSU, Kentucky and Florida are automatic losses and most likely add Pitt. We’ll destroy SC (ughhh on that one) and Vandy and the cupcakes, but Mizzou could easily stand between us and that sixth win. 🤮

It’s going to have the pretty girl with the blue eyes as Rowan.. Alexandra Daddario (sp).. I bet dudes in here will pay attention and watch with their wives and girlfriends lol

Ugh. She is such an uggo. I don't get some guys thinking she is hot. 3.5 or 4 at best.

Would they have made the playoffs if they were undefeated? . . I guess they would. . . Cincinnati did. . .
I think its possible.

If this was a 12 team playoff, UGA, TCU, Bama, Vols, Tulane, and Penn State would be advancing right now (the bowls weren't properly seeded, but for argument's sake).

If we reseed from there, we'd give 1 & 2 first rd byes and I guess it'd be:
Vols v Tulane - winner play UGA
Bama v PSU - winner play TCU

I always wondered how all of these B movies make money with rental places going out of business.
streaming services. they buy the rights and you have HULU or Netflix "originals". there's a lot of content gets bought up because with as many people that are streaming now, you need as much content as possible....all the time. part of the reason you now see the normal TV series season down to 6-10 episodes vs the 20 episode seasons you'd use to get when you had weekly show releases during defined "tv seasons". that's led to some streaming services doing the weekly release vs. the season release. binging TV has made content precious. so if you can extend a release for a couple of months, it buys the streaming services time to roll out releases, and keep production on some type of normal schedule. i'm a little surprised more TV series haven't produced multiple seasons at once so they can release new seasons, closer together, while keeping production going on future seasons. some have done that. Slow Horses season 3 is already in production, and season 1 and 2 came out in the same calendar year on Apple +....obviously bigger productions, not so easily done.....and it's not a slam dunk that your new show is/should get picked up for multiple seasons...so there's some hedging that has to be done to keep costs from going crazy.

Reactions: volbeast33
We are watching all of the Taylor Sheridan at my house, Yellowstone, 1923, Tulsa King.. best stuff being produced right now imo… also Mayfair Witches looks promising, but I have read everything Rice has written, so if they stray too far from the novels I will pout 😂 Movies are bad now imo, the last one I saw at the theater was Crazy Rich Asians pre-Covid lol

This might be a hot take but 1883 and 1923 (so far) are superior compared to Yellowstone. Yellowstone is becoming very CW like with the cliche plots, fluff episodes and musical performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back