Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debate is fun. It takes a turn when you (subjective you, not you personally) try to vilify the opposing poster or try to demean them. Those responses should be saved for the trolls.
I never mean to demean anybody and if I do I apologize for that. Most people that have seen my post know I'm full of Sh*t and make fun of myself as much or more than anyone else, it's just how I've always been. When you've worked construction as long as I did you learn to poke fun and take it as well or you wouldn't last long, that's all.

If an assistant is failing, firing is on the table. That's up to Heupel. But if a position group is performing poorly, fans are going to comment. If you don't like the conversation, you can choose not to participate. The problem is some don't want the conversation to happen at all.

And by your reasoning that we should just trust those in chargr, Mike Hamilton should still be AD with Dooley as our coach.

No one was calling for Heupel's head.
They seem to like Martinez' strengths.
I wonder if it's possible to identify his coaching weaknesses and hire a coach who is good at those things, as an assistant? I don't see why not, some of these programs have more support staff than players.

Just to be clear… I was not trying to vilify you. I was trying to help you realize what LA and others were saying the coaches strategy was with the portal so you would go DB portal shopping then get disappointed when they didn’t go after them. I am slow, but I finally realized you didn’t want to know the strategy. You were perfectly fine being angry. 😂
I understand the strategy. Not sure I agree with it. It's a lot to ask freshmen to be that fix. And I'm not angry. Frustrated maybe, but not angry. Anyone who loves defense would be frustrated by ours. No different than how those who love good offense were frustrated by JG.

Might be a @VolsDoc81TX question, but by my understanding it CAN hurt. Zinc can have some pretty bad side effects. The daily recommended amount of intake is only 40mg, but some supplements are way higher.

Plus I once read that OTC Zinc supplements aren't very pure. Often have worrisome levels of heavy metals and such.

I have Zinc, but I'll break the pill in half (to 25mg) and only take it early on if I start feeling something. Might be overly paranoid about it but Zinc toxicity is a thing.

Maximum recommended dose is 40 mg. Less may be better. High zinc ingestion can throw off copper and iron metabolism (not good).
Moderate zinc 20-30mg can increase testosterone levels in older guys…
Lots of nausea and gastrointestinal problems with increased dosage.
Bottom line all things in moderation. 😁

I get it. I had skyhigh expectations in ‘16 and that made it even worse. But this staff has proven they can coach and I think we will be surprised by both sides of the ball next year. I think Milton will be all-SEC at a minimum, and barring injuries, our secondary is going to be much improved.
I'd always rather be surprised in a good way than in a bad way...we should have a good fun team this year, but I will not EXPECT 10-11 wins until we have an elite 2 deep.

I wonder if it's possible to identify his coaching weaknesses and hire a coach who is good at those things, as an assistant? I don't see why not, some of these programs have more support staff than players.
First things first, make sure this assistant believes in DBs turning their head to find the ball.

There is a reason these coaches keep making the rounds. Some are better teachers than they are strategists, some are better recruiters I really have no idea but he does something really well..

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

They center on using too many coaches at practice sessions, meeting with two recruits during a COVID-19 dead period and watching player workouts over a video feed, according to a source.

The Level I allegation is that Harbaugh misled NCAA investigators when confronted with questions about the Level II allegations. A Level I violation could lead to significant recruiting restrictions or even a suspension for a number of games.

Well that's a Bruce Pearl move if I've ever seen one

There is a reason these coaches keep making the rounds. Some are better teachers than they are strategists, some are better recruiters I really have no idea but he does something really well..
Yeah, he gets a lot of praise, but his weaknesses are glaring. The fans can see the problem by watching guys play he's coached. It's always "Turn Your Head!" on every defensive backfield I've seen him coach.

In many ways I agree. But I was at the ‘21 S Alabama game and the sports talk radio people outside the stadium were arguing whether Heupel needed to go 9-3 or 10-2 to keep fans happy in ‘22. They settled on 9-3. I thought they were nuts. But in retrospect they probably were right. I’m glad Heupel exceeded even their expectations. With success come expectations. Just have to embrace it!
Hell no...they were stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back