Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago some a bunch of guys I worked with were talking about how much Pro Athletes and Coaches made. Some were saying they were all overpaid for playing a game and coaching it and some were saying they were the best at what they did and deserved, while yet others were talking about what they do was of really no value to people in general. Then a good buddy of mine says does a movie star deserve $20 or $30 million dollars to make a movie.........it's all about entertainment and what the market will bear.

What should be done with Heupel?? Are you freaking serious? Absolutely nothing should be done to Heupel. At some point, if the pass defense doesn’t improve, Heupel will make a move. I wish he would get rid of Martinez now but for now he is the DB coach.

I honestly cannot believe you would ask a question like that.
Well, he was not really asking a question like that. He was responding to a post that was criticizing Heupel for not getting DB help in the portal.

Understandable - these will also increase if Kirby wins the NC because he will get a raise, and Saban's contract is written so that he will always be the highest paid CFB coach
$11.7 Saban
$11.25 Kirby

Desperation Hires/Contracts
$9.5M Kelly
$9.5M Jimbo
$9M Kiffin

Out of control contract kickers at this point, the best contract in sports
$8.6M Stoops

Heupel deserves more than everyone else on the list below Stoops ($7.2M mark)

so $7.5M-$8M is justified I believe
You are da man !!!!
Great Idea!.gif

I know…. It’s crazy how good the defense did this year with all the adversity.
Hindsight is 20/20. Thankful more fans are recognizing this now, but I wish more would be level-headed enough during the season to realize how shortchanged we are at the time. Each game is a unique set of circumstances. Player health, depth, matchups, situations, etc. Defense played excellent in Orange Bowl. Some games played very well. Some games poorly. Sometimes an "average" (or even poor) performance from the outside looking in is a truly great performance due to the situation the group was in.

What's important is that it didn't cost us more than 1 game. They didn't have to be great all the time, they just had to do "enough."

When area codes were introduced in October 1947, Tennessee's only area code was 901. During 1954, in a flash-cut, most of the state east of the Tennessee River's western bend was assigned 615, while 901 was restricted to Memphis and the western third of the state. This configuration remained in place for over 41 years.
What are all the TN area codes now? 901, 931, 615, 423, 865... missing any?

No. Damn it. We are going to run this into the ground. It's this or dog farts, coyote.
We might not want to go the fart route. Since I've failed miserably at catching a Roadrunner, I've been living on Raw Cabbage and Fall City Beer......not very pleasant to say the least.....7 GIFs Of Adorable Fainting Goats.gif

and now we have more area codes than Ludacris

tn.gif

At least we aren't Atlanta with their 6 area codes or whatever they're up to now.
If I just kept scrolling this would've answered my Q. 731 and 629 I missed.

VN brethren, I need some help resolving a fantasy football dilemma. After the no contest for the Bengals-Bills, ESPN erased the stats from the game to that point. Our commish who was up 4 at the time is now down 3. He had Burrow, Chase, and Mixon playing who average a combined 59 points a game. Other guy had no one left. The other guy is now claiming victory. This is a decade long league with some decent money on the line.

I was the league creator, and judgement has been passed to me as commish is in a conflict of interest. It's unprecedented and imo it's clear commish should be the champ. Thoughts?
If this happened Week 1, everyone would accept that what the ESPN Fantasy App says is what goes. The final score is the final score, it sucks but it happened. It's part of the uncontrollables of Fantasy. Players get hurt on the first play, they get a late scratch before kickoff and you miss your chance to sub, and sometimes a game gets canceled.

Final score is final. If ESPN had kept the player totals on there, the other guy would win. They scrubbed them, so the commish wins. Cut the check.

Be different. Play the games in college football stadiums. Problem solved.

Also I didn’t know this was a policy but what a sh*t policy for a college football game.

F11amans have 'right to tailgate,' Republicans joke after championshIp ban

I never knew tailgating wasn't allowed. Seems silly, but I didn't read the whole the article.

Also, I vowed a long time ago to never click on a link to the WP. I feel abused for doing so. Fortunately, I didn't know, so I give myself a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back