Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a walk-on. He was a preferred walk-on out of high school. Stetson Bennett Announces Where He’ll Transfer He then went to Juco and then was offered a scholarship by UGA which he accepted. He is on scholarship and has been since he returned to UGA from Juco.

From UGA: “Bennett walked-on to the Georgia football team as was named an offensive scout team player of the year. He transferred to JUCO Jones College in Mississippi where he led the team to a 10-2 record. He then transferred back to Georgia — this time on scholarship. He served as a backup in 2019 and started five games in 2020.”

He is not a walk-on.
Hey! I caught up to myself!!!

Possible they have a good season, but as long as they recruit #19, such as this year, it'll only be a blip. They also scraped by in a number of wins this year. ONE ranked win...by 1 point vs the 1st P5 game by a new HC (Kelly).

UF and Oklahoma sucked by season's end. Lost to NC St and Clemson and Wake. Norvell ain't it imo

Their portal success will cover for their lack of hs recruits. They're getting a few important pieces.

They "scraped by" a few (very few teams didn't), but they also had a few teams scrape by them, including Clemson and at NC St.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I worked in Smithville for a few years and there’s a lot of country music people that lived down on Center Hill Lake, most famously Alan Jackson.

There was a lot said that he was an A hole but I think that’s confusing someone of a private nature who wants to be anonymous when he’s not on stage and I can get that. There was a story that he was in the local grocery store one day and some redneck exclaimed “Hey! I know who you are!!” Jackson supposedly retorted “Really?! I don’t know who the F—- you are!”

May or may not be true, but I thought it was funny if so. I’ve ran across famous folks, and I leave them alone.
Buddy of mine has a house on Center Hill. He told me one time that although Center Hill doesn’t allow private docks, Alan Jackson decided he was going to do it anyway and just pay the fines that came along with it. Not sure if it’s true but I always remembered that. That’s the epitome of FU money. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back