Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN said legit FF teams out of the SEC are:

Alabama
Arkansas (if fully healthy)
Tennessee

But us and Bama for sure. Just glad to be in the convo. We sure can pull it off. Gotta stay healthy and progress offensively.
We're in that Convo every year nowadays... Good times.🍊🍊

I've seen predictions of the 2050s. Given the acceleration of tech and AI, I'd say it'll be hard to tell until we are much, much closer.
That you're even talking about 2050 shows it's true. I had heard the target date was 2030.

"There is no metaphysical object at the end of time, only time itself." ~ The Upcountry Seafarer

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Maybe…but even a coach who can’t recruit quite as well but is a better floor coach could win more games. UK almost recruits itself in basketball.
I had the thought earlier, would Cal have the same success recruiting at TX as he would UK? I dont think TX is a bad place, but theyre not blue blood status like UK

That you're even talking about 2050 shows it's true. I had heard the target date was 2030.

"There is no metaphysical object at the end of time, only time itself." ~ The Upcountry Seafarer
2030? I've never heard anything close to that. That would be insane, from a developmental perspective. We're way too far away. Unless that prediction was from decades ago when someone first conceived of it. Ray Kurzweil is basically the one the popularized it and iirc 2045-2055 was what was predicted. I do think tech is usually slower to occur than we expect, so I've figured the latter of his prediction.

We haven't been anywhere close on the software/algorithm side to reach it by 2030. Afaik

But I've only been following it the last 10-15 years... No idea what sort of Jetsons-like predictions were made before that.

I had the thought earlier, would Cal have the same success recruiting at TX as he would UK? I dont think TX is a bad place, but theyre not blue blood status like UK

He recruited well at Memphis. He’s great at that part but below average in being a floor coach. A good floor coach at UK who has a semblance of salesmanship and personality could win.

I'm anxious to see how we play against teams on the back side of our schedule... The shooting right now is unbelievable! Just not common.

Oliver N is 100% the past 2 games... Loco.
Looking into my magic crystal ball...we'll have ups...downs...people will B&M...they'll want to fire Barnes...all while looking just great overall.

Atp if feels like just stay steady...progress where needed and this is a top-2 seed team.

Buddy of mine has a house on Center Hill. He told me one time that although Center Hill doesn’t allow private docks, Alan Jackson decided he was going to do it anyway and just pay the fines that came along with it. Not sure if it’s true but I always remembered that. That’s the epitome of FU money. Lol.
It’s true, and cut down trees. Both a no no

2030? I've never heard anything close to that. That would be insane, from a developmental perspective. We're way too far away. Unless that prediction was from decades ago when someone first conceived of it. Ray Kurzweil is basically the one the popularized it and iirc 2045-2055 was what was predicted. I do think tech is usually slower to occur than we expect, so I've figured the latter of his prediction.

We haven't been anywhere close on the software/algorithm side to reach it by 2030. Afaik

But I've only been following it the last 10-15 years... No idea what sort of Jetsons-like predictions were made before that.

Terrence McKenna was talking about it years before then.

Reactions: Big Sun
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back