Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if recruiting "fit" and "culture" limits our talent pool?

Don't go crazy people. It's a legit question. Not all 5*'s are going to be seen as fits.
Who are the 5* that we have been turning down….. I think our recruiting will keep getting better and eventually reach that level if we keep growing.

Embarrasing. Everyone in the playoff committee is fired.
Requirements for being on the committee should be being at the game all together in their special section.
And the tv crew should give them the same attention as Klubniks mom and dad, with the caption “ here’s who you have to thank for this Great matchup “!

Eyeball test
Brain test
Common knowledge test
These people are supposed to pick the best teams and they missed it again
You know they did @Weezer
They picked the teams they had to based on record. They were painted into a corner. We all know that the SEC is the top conference. Big 10 is a distant second. And the other three "Power 5's" are even further behind. But they still have to stroke the ego of those conferences based off of record.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Who are the 5* that we have been turning down….. I think our recruiting will keep getting better and eventually reach that level if we keep growing.
Good point as well. It’ll be interesting. Really telling to see what the 24’ class turns out to be

Yea, we aren’t turning down 5 stars. We wanted Tate and Francis. Commited Nico and Bradley. There are only about 20-30 each year, and Bama, UGA, and OSU are getting theirs.

I also think it’s a potential excuse for missing on targets. It’s very convenient on the surface until we hit playoff time and see who the national championship winners are each year
I don't know that it's an excuse. Fit and culture are absolutely important in building a program. But at some point, you have to question, when does talent become the priority?

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back