RB - Wright/Sampson
WR - Bru, Squirrel, Thornton
TE - Castles
OL - Mincey, Nichols, Mays, Spraggins, Campbell

DL - Joseph/Pearce, Thomas, Lott, West
LB - Beasley, Pili
DB - Jeudy BYU CB (please), Slaughter, Turrentine, Walker
NB - McDonald

Some are personal hopes. Tired of Tank and want some other young studs to get their chance. That’s a lot of athletes on the field…
Agree with all of that mostly but you know Small is back right? He won’t go from 1a to sitting on the bench. Of the three I think Sampson has the highest ceiling and Wright is better at a lot of things, but Small doesn’t mess up. He won’t be shunned like that

True or False: TCU would have ended up with more respect with a close loss to Michigan.

True. They'd have ended up better off winning a nice regular bowl game and having people champion them as 'the people's champion.' The committee absolutely caved to backlash in week 1 and never had the nuts to go back on it when it became obvious they'd been right to leave TCU out.

After TN got eliminated in Williams-Brice by the Lamecocks, I rooted for TCU. 65-7? Really? Screw them. Bunch of bums didn’t even put up a fight. TN and (I hate to say it) Bama would’ve put up a way better fight than that. In a 12 team playoff, TCU would’ve been like the 8th seed since they lost the conference title to KSU and they’re out in the first round imo.

"Large majoriry wont support this hire or program. " How large is s(he)?

I don't remember anyone hating the hire but I remember a lot of us were underwhelmed by it. "Meh-pel" summed it up and is still pretty hilarious, imo. JH seemed solid but we were looking for more after being in the wilderness for so long. Little did we know that we'd actually gotten it. I should probably wait until next season to say that last bit but the Clemson game makes me feel confident despite having been burned in the past with seasons that looked great at the time but turned out to be mirages. Besides, none of the others delivered anything close to 11 wins.

Who is UGA’s QB next year?

I seen them already favorites to repeat again but who is the QB?

This is a fairer question than anyone wants to admit. Stetson is a deeply flawed QB but he's also one that came through big time and beat out guys who have NFL futures. That said, UGA was far from an unbeatable team this year. tOSU could've beaten them and I think had either Alabama or Tennessee made the playoffs both would've had good chance on a neutral field. I feel like BAMA was better built to handle UGA this season they were also too undisciplined to bet on (they could win but would they?). Had we gotten the refs that tOSU got our offense wouldn't have been held to death (we'd still have been underdogs but I think it's much closer to the tOSU matchup).

Looking at next year, UGA still has talent but I'm uncertain what really stands out for them beyond Bowers. I'd assume that they still have a good defense and a competent offense but I doubt it's as productive as they've been this year.

Starters next year:

QB - Milton
RB - Wright/Sampson
WR - Bru, Squirrel, Thornton
TE - Castles
OL - Mincey, Nichols, Mays, Spraggins, Campbell

DL - Joseph/Pearce, Thomas, Lott, West
LB - Beasley, Pili
DB - Jeudy BYU CB (please), Slaughter, Turrentine, Walker
NB - McDonald

Some are personal hopes. Tired of Tank and want some other young studs to get their chance. That’s a lot of athletes on the field…

I think one of Matthews/Gibson sneak into a corner spot. Too talented

Is there any wiggle room or possibility for the committee to expedite playoff expansion and get this thing here in 2023 and not 2024? Tired of watching underserving teams I’m blowouts. At least with 12 teams you might increase your chances of getting better title games if you were out the weak links through multiple rounds. What an embarassing night.

Two pet peeves then off my soapbox.Can we please, for the love of all that is holy, stop misusing the word 'seen'. And, please no more posts saying 'ok, now we need secondary help'....for the 1,000th time. That became obvious almost from the first game of the year.

I yield the floor. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back