Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two pet peeves then off my soapbox.Can we please, for the love of all that is holy, stop misusing the word 'seen'. And, please no more posts saying 'ok, now we need secondary help'....for the 1,000th time. That became obvious almost from the first game of the year.

I yield the floor. :oops:
I seen you.

But we really do need secondary help.

Think we can all agree the playoff expansion would prevent something like this from happening. This was an embarrassment for college football.
Disagree. Uga woulda just ran through 3-4 teams instead of 2. Ohio state and bama are the only two teams in the nation that could argue they have as much talent on the roster as uga. Doesn’t matter if there’s 4 teams or 24 teams in the playoffs, we’d all still see that regardless.

Reactions: VolNash17
This is a fairer question than anyone wants to admit. Stetson is a deeply flawed QB but he's also one that came through big time and beat out guys who have NFL futures. That said, UGA was far from an unbeatable team this year. tOSU could've beaten them and I think had either Alabama or Tennessee made the playoffs both would've had good chance on a neutral field. I feel like BAMA was better built to handle UGA this season they were also too undisciplined to bet on (they could win but would they?). Had we gotten the refs that tOSU got our offense wouldn't have been held to death (we'd still have been underdogs but I think it's much closer to the tOSU matchup).

Looking at next year, UGA still has talent but I'm uncertain what really stands out for them beyond Bowers. I'd assume that they still have a good defense and a competent offense but I doubt it's as productive as they've been this year.
Don’t be mistaken. We all thought uga might have some drop off this year after losing half their starters to the nfl. They didn’t. The story will be the same next year, and they might have the easiest schedule in the nation, certainly will in the sec.

Hopefully. But there were definitely talented portal guys we were told we didn't pursue based off of "fit". Probably true of some recruits as well.
“Talented” portal recruits is based off fan perception…. We can’t even judge our own players properly….we have reached out to the majority of portal guys that Georgia and Alabama has taken the last two years…. We have even proven that we will take guys with issues: Clemson rb from last year(mistake) and Pearce (grades) if we think they are worth it and help us win.

Who is UGA’s QB next year?

I seen them already favorites to repeat again but who is the QB?
Not sure but how convenient that the SEC put our game with them 2nd to last. It’s almost like they know we are the team with the best chance to beat them, and they want to give Georgia plenty of time to get all the kinks worked out with their new QB and other new starters.

Every conference champ and their runners up from ACC (Clemps, UNC), BIG12 (TCU, KState), B1G (Michigan, Purdue), PAC12 (Utah, USC) got smashed in their Bowl games.

The top 4 SEC teams - 1 UGA, 2 Vols, 3 LSU, 4 Bama - destroyed 4 of those teams.

Voters should not hesitate in placing next season’s CFP ranking in that order.

This is a fairer question than anyone wants to admit. Stetson is a deeply flawed QB but he's also one that came through big time and beat out guys who have NFL futures. That said, UGA was far from an unbeatable team this year. tOSU could've beaten them and I think had either Alabama or Tennessee made the playoffs both would've had good chance on a neutral field. I feel like BAMA was better built to handle UGA this season they were also too undisciplined to bet on (they could win but would they?). Had we gotten the refs that tOSU got our offense wouldn't have been held to death (we'd still have been underdogs but I think it's much closer to the tOSU matchup).

Looking at next year, UGA still has talent but I'm uncertain what really stands out for them beyond Bowers. I'd assume that they still have a good defense and a competent offense but I doubt it's as productive as they've been this year.
Maybe we hire the TE coach from Georgia, and Bowers portals over with him to become the only player to ever win 3 NCs and also with 2 different teams. One can hope right? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back