Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
any bye of any sort in the CFB playoff is stupid

furthermore, if the first round is going to be on campus, you are not rewarding communities that have good teams

that is another gameday weekend for local businesses to cash in on a successful team, especially in the smaller college towns

Exactly, just go ahead and make it 16 teams and eliminate the byes.

Come on man....I f'n hate this bubble wrap 🦬💩. These guys are physical monsters...they don't want or need anybodies freaking pansified protection...period.
For those worried about to many games, drop a couple of the 4 scrimmage games everyone plays every year.
Do we really need Alabama playing Austin Peay?
UT playing UT Martin?
No

I don't like the byes. And I don't think conference championship games make any sense if there is a playoff. Should we pick the 8 best teams without respect to conference champions?

Last edited:
I don't like the byes. And I don't think conference championship games make any sense if there is a playoff. Should we pick the 8 best teams without respect to conference champions?
Ive always thought, make the conferences match up with the playoffs, and make round 1 of the plays conf champ games. 6 conferences 12 teams.

Reactions: Devo182
Ive always thought, make the conferences match up with the playoffs, and make round 1 of the plays conf champ games. 6 conferences 12 teams.
Too complicated. 5 conference champions. 3 at large. Never again will there be controversy over who truly deserved to be in the playoffs or not. There's never been a year where more than 6 had a legit argument, let alone 8.

I’m here, what’s the update? Rashada? We’ve got a boatload of issues and he’s only one. It’ll make you all happy to know that my assessment of Florida football right now is seriously bleak. As in, pre-Spurrier bleakness. I have no idea if Rashada makes it to campus or not but I know the disorganization has to improve or we’ll be 6-6 forevermore.
touching-kristen-bell.gif

I’m here, what’s the update? Rashada? We’ve got a boatload of issues and he’s only one. It’ll make you all happy to know that my assessment of Florida football right now is seriously bleak. As in, pre-Spurrier bleakness. I have no idea if Rashada makes it to campus or not but I know the disorganization has to improve or we’ll be 6-6 forevermore.
895D6DD3-1686-48FD-9BCC-9F169D709706.gif
B1880AD6-B651-488C-953A-01CCFB704CB9.gif
A0382B2B-8BDF-4645-B8CB-64E807D80BC6.gif
64C69DC1-53BA-47C3-B98F-96DC5D1DCD7F.gif

R.e82c2cd09db0bf410917cda2ef22ffd4

looks like the AP poll in the coaches poll decided to opt out of the bowl games.

What do you do? Michigan lost to TCU. OSU lost their past two games (Michigan and UGA) and that leaves Tennessee and Alabama who weren't invited and present their own problems because Tenn beat BAMA but the committee said 'nah, nevermind that.'

In hindsight the best playoffs would've been what we all knew was untenable for the playoff committee to do: UGA, OSU, Alabama and Tennessee.

Too complicated. 5 conference champions. 3 at large. Never again will there be controversy over who truly deserved to be in the playoffs or not. There's never been a year where more than 6 had a legit argument, let alone 8.
So you would have had GA, Mich, KSU, Utah, Clemson. We were more deserving than at least 3 of those. Who would you have given the other 3 spots to? And what do you mean by "legit argument"? The committee and media change their definitions ad hoc on the regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back