Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I think it would be counterproductive and a waste of a spot to get another portal wr.

I'm already concerned it may do more harm than good. It's already been said that Thornton wasn't leaving to help someone's deprh.
The WR room isn't deep. Three transfers out and two going to the NFL. Then only 3 in this freshman class. One of those may start out at RB (Seldon), and another one is a developmental project (Spillman).

I’m here, what’s the update? Rashada? We’ve got a boatload of issues and he’s only one. It’ll make you all happy to know that my assessment of Florida football right now is seriously bleak. As in, pre-Spurrier bleakness. I have no idea if Rashada makes it to campus or not but I know the disorganization has to improve or we’ll be 6-6 forevermore.
Ya hate to see it😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

So...the coaches poll on USA today shows that not a single SEC team in the top 15 gained a spot from winning.

GA went in 1st and stayed 1st
Bama went in 5th and stayed 5th
TN went in 6th and stayed 6th
LSU went in 15th and stayed 15th

Every single one of them won their final game by 2 touchdowns or more.
Good screw the others.

Tbf outside of LSU, the rest had nowhere to go. Bama was never ever moving up unless OSU got ransacked, which they definitely didn't. And only way LSU could've is if K St dropped 5 spots over a bowl game.

Fwiw I sort of like not overreacting to bowl games. Way too many sitouts to go moving teams 5-10 spots.

And yet they do it in basketball anyway...re: March Madness such as UNC a 10 loss team going from unranked to #2 and then preseason #1. What a freakin joke that was. Putting way too much emphasis on recency and yet not much on our hot streak and winning the conference. We wrecked that team and they shot way ahead of us...not going so well for them this year either. #1 my arse 🤣

And if this offense continues to roll like it has he’ll probably have a couple of stud WR from the portal

QUOTE="MoCo_Vol, post: 22310500, member: 73842"]I feel like Campbell and Thornton are both coming to ball out for a year and get in the draft. Thornton could stick around to play a season with Nico though, if he doesn't have a huge year next year.

Also Nico's first year running the show will be interesting, could basically only see Squirrel returning (Bru, Keyton will both be gone and Thornton could leave too). Obviously some younger WRs on roster will get more experience next year and it'll be good that a few of them are coming in with Nico this season hopefully they all put in the extra work in the offseason to rep

Also I just want to say once again how great of a job Pope did for us he elevated the guys he had on roster AND he out recruited Burns too![/QUOTE]

Reactions: SoilVol
It's a message board. Debate should be welcome.
Your talking about one of my all time biggest sports hates...It does not and never has made a lick of sense to me why major CFB does not have an expanded playoff system like every other level of football... I hate it now and I have ALWAYS hated the way that championships are played for and won at the highest level...it is f'n stupid and ALWAYS has been.

I think every single argument against it is stupid....that doesn't mean I think people making them are stupid, just that I wholeheartedly believe the arguments have zero merit.

Sorry...not sorry....I am just thankful that finally, after all these years, that we will get a real playoff system. I was never happy with the 4 team playoff...they should have started with 8.

Love ya...hate the argument.

It's going to be unbalanced based on conferences and schedules until the P5 teams leave and form their own Division. Kick out some schools and whittle it down to 40-50. 16 team playoff. 131 teams are too many. Impossible to have balanced schedules.
There. Done.
Agree completely.
131 or whatever teams playing for 1 championship is ridiculous.
The only way to get the selection committee out of it and let the teams play on the field to determine the playoffs.
But as slow as CF is to evolve it’ll be 150 years before that happens

Just want to say that it was a pleasure serving with the First Quarter Boiz for the last 2 seasons. Made some money with y'all boiz. Lost some too. But dammit if it wasn't fun.
We ride again in 8 months.

Pepper your loins and let them rest in the meanwhile. We shall ride harder than ever next season under General Heupel and the Milton Militia.8QZ69i8U_400x400 (1).jpg

We ride again in 8 months.

Pepper your loins and let them rest in the meanwhile. We shall ride harder than ever next season under General Heupel and the Milton Militia.View attachment 530409
What was our 1st qtr win %?

I would consider o6.5 as the standard #, but some games had us at o9.5 & o13.5.

I think we were profitable overall.

Reactions: Glitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back