Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m here, what’s the update? Rashada? We’ve got a boatload of issues and he’s only one. It’ll make you all happy to know that my assessment of Florida football right now is seriously bleak. As in, pre-Spurrier bleakness. I have no idea if Rashada makes it to campus or not but I know the disorganization has to improve or we’ll be 6-6 forevermore.
That’s saying a lot coming from you @Jaws

What do you do? Michigan lost to TCU. OSU lost their past two games (Michigan and UGA) and that leaves Tennessee and Alabama who weren't invited and present their own problems because Tenn beat BAMA but the committee said 'nah, nevermind that.'

In hindsight the best playoffs would've been what we all knew was untenable for the playoff committee to do: UGA, OSU, Alabama and Tennessee.
Bingo!

Polls are junk. . . 6/10 teams in the final coaches poll were unranked at week1.
I see your point this season, but they (preseason, not week 1 polls) actually have good (relatively speaking) predictive power historically.

Better than most metrics and predictors. It shocked me when I saw that...but maybe there's something behind the "crowdsourcing" aspect where regional folks know more about the regional teams...as to where (let's be honest) most people would just rank a bunch of sec/big10 teams and ignore the year to year sleepers from across the country. It's not the AP/coaches aspect...those people are morons..but just the specialization of knowing about teams locally. Decentralized knowledge or whatever

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I see your point this season, but they (preseason, not week 1 polls) actually have good (relatively speaking) predictive power historically. Better than most metrics and predictors. It shocked me when I saw that...but maybe something behind the "crowdsourcing" aspect where regional folks know more about the regional teams...as to where (let's be honest) most folks just rank a bunch of sec/big10 teams and ignore the year to year sleepers from across the country.
1st poll shouldn't be released until week 5.

Say what we will, @Jaws does show back up when they’re in the same shiz show we were in for 15 years, even if he’s a condescending blowhard.
Where is the ever passive aggressive @99gator or @Sub Par SUPERSTAR ? What are their takes on the Rashada situation, and will they show up so we can tease them mercilessly and laugh at their pain?

Polls are junk. . . 6/10 teams in the final coaches poll were unranked at week1.

I woke up this morning and read some VN and saw people discussing the new AP Poll. Had to look back and if dang..did the poll come out at like Midnight?
These pol voters are trash. At least act like you out some effort into your thought process.
Oh well..it doesn't matter,, you are number one or you aren't

The problem was these voters help select the outcome.

1st poll shouldn't be released until week 5.
I get that would be more accurate, which is why the CFP committee waits 8 weeks (and that's all that matters anyway) but the AP/coaches are just for fans and wild speculation. Also gives some barometer of which games are big games for the normies.

It'll be cool rolling into our opening games next year top 20/15 too...most importantly 😁

Where is the ever passive aggressive @99gator or @Sub Par SUPERSTAR ? What are their takes on the Rashada situation, and will they show up so we can tease them mercilessly and laugh at their pain?
@99gator and @Sub Par SUPERSTAR are probably coming up with a witty post about how Napier turns it all around this coming year and not to worry, gators are going to take it easy on us next year. Bless our hearts.

I woke up this morning and read some VN and saw people discussing the new AP Poll. Had to look back and if dang..did the poll come out at like Midnight?
These pol voters are trash. At least act like you out some effort into your thought process.
Oh well..it doesn't matter,, you are number one or you aren't

The problem was these voters help select the outcome.
I was actually shocked the AP moved us up. Went from 53 behind Bama to just 9. Guess the Clemson name brought us some additional favor...but not quite enough. I blame Dabo.

Wanted that top 5 ranking if I'm being honest, but yeah...doesn't matter too much outside for real.

And someone needs to hire the Georgia OC away. Either the NFL, or give him a HC job somewhere.
Yeah he’s a big reason they’re back to back champs (besides their defense). He’s modernised their offense even though it’s not as exotic or flashy as ours is and looks to be a good playcaller. Best hire Kirby has made imo.

I was actually shocked the AP moved us up. Went from 53 behind Bama to just 9. Guess the Clemson name brought us some additional favor...but not quite enough. I blame Dabo.

Wanted that top 5 ranking if I'm being honest, but yeah...doesn't matter too much outside for real.

Who cares 5, or 3 or 6.

I think we have the best HC in my lifetime. Better than Fulmer by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back