Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIAP: There is NIL hiccups with Florida QB commit transfer Jaden Rashada. Florida On3 board saying their collective can’t pay him the agreed upon amount.

dumb-and-dumber-iou.gif

Yep. They've still got Tshiebwe and a ton of 5 star talent. I'd have to think the hornets nest has been kicked. If there were ever a "trap game", this is it. I'm hoping their attitude is "screw it" and they roll over. Something tells me we'll get the opposite. We'd better jump on 'em early. If the game goes like the Vandy game in the first half, we might get caught.
super bowl for UK on Saturday....definitely.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
If Uros was as explosive/active as Awaka he'd be playing almost 30 minutes a night and have better stats than Oscar.

But our bigs are all solid players and yet none of them are fully complete players.

ON needs to be more consistent and stronger
Uros needs to be more athletic and play smarter for the entire game
Aidoo needs to get stronger and learn to play better defense against true bigs
Awaka needs more experience and to continue to develop his offensive game (he's just 19 so if he gets a little taller he'd be truly unstoppable imo)
so, i'll agree with this in merit, but then disagree by saying i think in regards to ON and Uros, those two have gotten loads better, and significant reasons why we're a problem for most teams. offensively is where Uros has improved the most. he's a lot better around the rim today than he's ever been. and ON, that little high rise jumper is almost automatic, and is one of the purest shots anyone has on that team. both play better defensively as well. yet both still have moments where you see that chink in the armor so i think i know what you're saying.

but i'm far from holding it against them, because of the improvement they've both displayed. Aidoo and Awaka are both solid, and i would consider them to fit more of your description as "less than complete" at this stage of their development. Uros and ON, while not necessarily "complete", are a lot closer to it today.

long story short, i don't think our bigs are an issue or hinderance to our ability to progress this season. especially when you have all 4 of them to put out there at any given time.......................................

Saban is such a child and egomaniac

every time he's not involved in the biggest games he has to be on the broadcast to get some attention. Always has to be about Nick. Dude is a clown so seeing his vote is not a shock at all.

as for Schiano, dude go worry about your own sh*tty team that went 4-8 and averaged 17 PPG

and Butch, who cares.

I'm not convinced myself that "ballsack" is that sophisticated or clever, still undecided if he's a moron or next level troll.

He makes it pretty clear the channel is satire. Obviously there could be debate about the quality of said satire.

so, i'll agree with this in merit, but then disagree by saying i think in regards to ON and Uros, those two have gotten loads better, and significant reasons why we're a problem for most teams. offensively is where Uros has improved the most. he's a lot better around the rim today than he's ever been. and ON, that little high rise jumper is almost automatic, and is one of the purest shots anyone has on that team. both play better defensively as well. yet both still have moments where you see that chink in the armor so i think i know what you're saying.

but i'm far from holding it against them, because of the improvement they've both displayed. Aidoo and Awaka are both solid, and i would consider them to fit more of your description as "less than complete" at this stage of their development. Uros and ON, while not necessarily "complete", are a lot closer to it today.

long story short, i don't think our bigs are an issue or hinderance to our ability to progress this season. especially when you have all 4 of them to put out there at any given time.......................................

You wrote a whole lot to basically still agree with me... there Jake ;)

ON gave us 6 points and 5 rebounds against Vandy in 29 minutes last night. He dropped 21 points and 10 rebounds in 23 minutes at South Carolina. Against Mississippi State he had 10 points and 0 rebounds. At Ole Miss he had 8 points and 1 rebounds. That's just not consistent enough and in those 4 games he only shot 2 FTs. He's not a traditional "big" though so I get he may not be posting up and drawing a ton of fouls, still though if he plays stronger then he's more than capable of drawing more fouls (did it against Florida Gulf Coast and Alcorn State).

Uros has improved a ton sure, but he's still only had 4 games this season where he scored double digits and for his lack of minutes compared to the rest of the guys his totals in turnovers and fouls are a way too high (thus playing smarter). I don't know if there is much to do about the getting more athletic that's likely something that's just not going to change in a 5th year 24 year old college player.

He was meaty-okra all year until we shat the bed and made him look like a Heisman finalist. Won't happen again...at least our portion.
He had three good games to finish out the year against us, Clemson, and Norte Dame once they opened up their offense…. He is not consistently great but he has more potential than the rest of that qb room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back