Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was meaty-okra all year until we shat the bed and made him look like a Heisman finalist. Won't happen again...at least our portion.
The few times I watched any of their games I was embarrassed for him. Looked like his body and brain were not connected. Passes landing two foot in front of the WRs feet or worse. Remember thinking JG didn’t look that bad. Then in our game he was making throws few can. It was shocking.

You wrote a whole lot to basically still agree with me... there Jake ;)

ON gave us 6 points and 5 rebounds against Vandy in 29 minutes last night. He dropped 21 points and 10 rebounds in 23 minutes at South Carolina. Against Mississippi State he had 10 points and 0 rebounds. At Ole Miss he had 8 points and 1 rebounds. That's just not consistent enough and in those 4 games he only shot 2 FTs. He's not a traditional "big" though so I get he may not be posting up and drawing a ton of fouls, still though if he plays stronger then he's more than capable of drawing more fouls (did it against Florida Gulf Coast and Alcorn State).

Uros has improved a ton sure, but he's still only had 4 games this season where he scored double digits and for his lack of minutes compared to the rest of the guys his totals in turnovers and fouls are a way too high (thus playing smarter). I don't know if there is much to do about the getting more athletic that's likely something that's just not going to change in a 5th year 24 year old college player.
well, you were pretty vague in your reasoning, gave a couple of blanket statements and it didn't give any credence to what Uros and ON are today relative to what they were. as for Aidoo and Awaka...i think they fit your sentiment more than the other two.

so i added the context for ya.

you're welcome.

A few headscratchers from some coaches polls
Sonny Cumbie, LA Tech - 7th (he also moved Bama to 3rd)
Kalen DeBoer, Washington - 7th (he put HIS team 6th)
Dave Doeren, NC State - 8th (moved Penn State & Kansas State ahead of us)
Mike Elko, Duke - 7th (Penn State jumps us, but he put Bama ahead of Ohio State)
Danny Gonzales, New Mexico - 7th (Penn State again wtf?)
Butch Jones, Ark State - 7th (Penn State)
Lance Leipold, Kansas - 7th (he put Penn State 5th!)
Tim Lester, Western Michigan - 7th
Mike Locksley, Maryland - 7th
Joe Moorhead, Akron - 7th (lol didn't like that ass whooping his dirty team took)
Greg Schiano, Rutgers - 7th (of course)
Ken Wilson, Nevada - 8th (wth is he smoking? moved Washington & Penn State up)

Washington finished 11-2, but didn't play in conference title game and lost 2 to unranked teams. Their best win was beating Oregon by 3, they won their bowl game against Texas.
Penn State finished 11-2, didn't play in conference title game lost to the only ranked teams they faced and beat Utah in the bowl game (who lost their starting QB in the first half)
Doeren must have picked the wrong purple team though, Kansas State went 10-4 and lost by 25 to Bama in the bowl game.

A few giving more respect to us
Pat Narduzzi, Pittsburgh - had us 4th, I like this guy...respect given
Kirby Smart puts us 5th ahead of Bama

The few times I watched any of their games I was embarrassed for him. Looked like his body and brain were not connected. Passes landing two foot in front of the WRs feet or worse. Remember thinking JG didn’t look that bad. Then in our game he was making throws few can. It was shocking.
Rattler was gawd awful pretty much all season except for two games.

A few headscratchers from some coaches polls
Sonny Cumbie, LA Tech - 7th (he also moved Bama to 3rd)
Kalen DeBoer, Washington - 7th (he put HIS team 6th)
Dave Doeren, NC State - 8th (moved Penn State & Kansas State ahead of us)
Mike Elko, Duke - 7th (Penn State jumps us, but he put Bama ahead of Ohio State)
Danny Gonzales, New Mexico - 7th (Penn State again wtf?)
Butch Jones, Ark State - 7th (Penn State)
Lance Leipold, Kansas - 7th (he put Penn State 5th!)
Tim Lester, Western Michigan - 7th
Mike Locksley, Maryland - 7th
Joe Moorhead, Akron - 7th (lol didn't like that ass whooping his dirty team took)
Greg Schiano, Rutgers - 7th (of course)
Ken Wilson, Nevada - 8th (wth is he smoking? moved Washington & Penn State up)

Washington finished 11-2, but didn't play in conference title game and lost 2 to unranked teams. Their best win was beating Oregon by 3, they won their bowl game against Texas.
Penn State finished 11-2, didn't play in conference title game lost to the only ranked teams they faced and beat Utah in the bowl game (who lost their starting QB in the first half)

A few giving more respect to us
Pat Narduzzi, Pittsburgh - had us 4th, I like this guy...respect given
Kirby Smart puts us 5th ahead of Bama
i think there's still a lot of "gimmick" sentiment out there about this offense. plus we're the new kid back on the block, and i think there's just an inherent trust factor that Bama is awesome, so why not put them in the top 3? i think the love for Penn St is a reflection of what some think of the big 10 and Mich/OSU in general, which is weird considering how both their seasons ended. and PSU won the rose bowl, so for some that apparently still means a lot more than it should.

that's all cool.

just keep on winning, won't matter. Pitt, Florida, LSU, Bama, Clemson all know.

well, you were pretty vague in your reasoning, gave a couple of blanket statements and it didn't give any credence to what Uros and ON are today relative to what they were. as for Aidoo and Awaka...i think they fit your sentiment more than the other two.

so i added the context for ya.

you're welcome.

I'm not sure why you're trying to be a smart ass...when you didn't even know what ON stood for earlier this morning. ;)

But my original statement was just a "if these 4 guys did these things they'd be all SEC type bigs" and it was just a thought I was making so of course it was vague and a blanket statement.

But to put them in order it appears as of today at least ON is the closest to being there, Uros next, Aidoo after him, and then Awaka...but that's pretty obvious. Both the Seniors have over 800 minutes court time at TN. Aidoo & Awaka got higher ceilings because of that though so future is bright, especially with JP & Cade coming in.

Saban had Bama at #2 and UT at #6.

Poor guy just can’t understand why his TWO close losses meant he couldn’t go to the playoff despite his begging like a little bitch on national TV.
He had no quality wins in regular season and two of the wins he did have were close losses for the other team and on the last play: so according to his spiel they didn't count as wins for Saban.

He had no quality wins in regular season and two of the wins he did have were close losses for the other team and on the last play: so according to his spiel they didn't count as wins for Saban.

He also moved LSU back to 17th, petty/bitter old man... You'd think logically the two teams that beat you would be higher rated in your final poll to try and justify putting yourself freaking 2nd LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back