Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there's still a lot of "gimmick" sentiment out there about this offense. plus we're the new kid back on the block, and i think there's just an inherent trust factor that Bama is awesome, so why not put them in the top 3? i think the love for Penn St is a reflection of what some think of the big 10 and Mich/OSU in general, which is weird considering how both their seasons ended. and PSU won the rose bowl, so for some that apparently still means a lot more than it should.

that's all cool.

just keep on winning, won't matter. Pitt, Florida, LSU, Bama, Clemson all know.
Quick! Someone tell me who the 5th and 6th ranked teams were from last season…much less the past decade. Amidst that party trick, attempt to consistently name the top four in that timespan. As Ricky Bobby’s daddy said, “If you’re not first…” This also reinforces my hatred of the old bowl system to determine NC’s. Personal biases and self interest does not equal SCIENCE.

Coaches poll votes for Tennessee:

Narduzzi - #4
Kirby - #5
Saban - #6 (voted Bama #2 lol)
Butch - #7
Schiano - #7
Doeren - #8
GoodnaturedElectricBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

Alright I’ll start the day off with a major gripe of mine for a few years now. Mike Shanahan should be in the NFL HOF. Can’t write the story of the NFL without that guy and what he brought with dynamic running offense to the NFL and even what’s being used in todays game. That’s all. Do the right thing NFL. Put Mike in the HOF
However great a coach he might have been, he was an even bigger tool.

Quick! Someone tell me who the 5th and 6th ranked teams were from last season…much less the past decade. Amidst that party trick, attempt to consistently name the top four in that timespan. As Ricky Bobby’s daddy said, “If you’re not first…” This also reinforces my hatred of the old bowl system to determine NC’s. Personal biases and self interest does not equal SCIENCE.
Bama be like...

if it ain't broke...............

Reactions: butchna
so, i'll agree with this in merit, but then disagree by saying i think in regards to ON and Uros, those two have gotten loads better, and significant reasons why we're a problem for most teams. offensively is where Uros has improved the most. he's a lot better around the rim today than he's ever been. and ON, that little high rise jumper is almost automatic, and is one of the purest shots anyone has on that team. both play better defensively as well. yet both still have moments where you see that chink in the armor so i think i know what you're saying.

but i'm far from holding it against them, because of the improvement they've both displayed. Aidoo and Awaka are both solid, and i would consider them to fit more of your description as "less than complete" at this stage of their development. Uros and ON, while not necessarily "complete", are a lot closer to it today.

long story short, i don't think our bigs are an issue or hinderance to our ability to progress this season. especially when you have all 4 of them to put out there at any given time.......................................

Nikahmhoua is becoming a force. Agreed. He's a real problem for other teams. Before, you could focus on the guards and largely ignore the post. Now, you need to cover all spots or ON will drop 20 points on you. I could see him playing professionally at some level. In the Vandy game, for the first time in a while, I did not get nervous in the first half. I had faith this veteran team would figure it out.

A few headscratchers from some coaches polls
Sonny Cumbie, LA Tech - 7th (he also moved Bama to 3rd)
Kalen DeBoer, Washington - 7th (he put HIS team 6th)
Dave Doeren, NC State - 8th (moved Penn State & Kansas State ahead of us)
Mike Elko, Duke - 7th (Penn State jumps us, but he put Bama ahead of Ohio State)
Danny Gonzales, New Mexico - 7th (Penn State again wtf?)
Butch Jones, Ark State - 7th (Penn State)
Lance Leipold, Kansas - 7th (he put Penn State 5th!)
Tim Lester, Western Michigan - 7th
Mike Locksley, Maryland - 7th
Joe Moorhead, Akron - 7th (lol didn't like that ass whooping his dirty team took)
Greg Schiano, Rutgers - 7th (of course)
Ken Wilson, Nevada - 8th (wth is he smoking? moved Washington & Penn State up)

Washington finished 11-2, but didn't play in conference title game and lost 2 to unranked teams. Their best win was beating Oregon by 3, they won their bowl game against Texas.
Penn State finished 11-2, didn't play in conference title game lost to the only ranked teams they faced and beat Utah in the bowl game (who lost their starting QB in the first half)
Doeren must have picked the wrong purple team though, Kansas State went 10-4 and lost by 25 to Bama in the bowl game.

A few giving more respect to us
Pat Narduzzi, Pittsburgh - had us 4th, I like this guy...respect given
Kirby Smart puts us 5th ahead of Bama
They’re determined to keep uplifting the Big Ten teams no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back