Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
After that game, and then the rest of the season, I realized WB was much better than I thought. Hadden, im still waiting on him to do something besides run his mouth.
I like Hadden and Burrell ok….. I just find it funny….. it’s impossible to tell if a db is doing their job when watching it on tv… watching it live…. The only thing I really noticed was that we were rolling coverage to help the younger CBs opposite Burrell…. That’s why I tried telling everyone Burrell was considered our number one cb…. I just hope they stay healthy in the preseason this year.

If anyone hasn’t yet please consider joining: Memberships - The Volunteer Club
If you have $5 a month that you can spare and think that is worth it to continue 11+ win seasons and continue the championship path that CJH and crew are on. We can’t do it without blue chip recruits, which requires large amounts of NIL money. I’m personally doing Checkerboard, which is $25 a month. About what I can consider financially responsible while supporting my family but reasonable for my love for the vols.
The Checkerboard level is perfect. I’ve loved being a member and every single poster here needs to join.

@FranklinVol16 also says offensive analyst Alec Abeln could possibly be promoted to TEs coach. Said it's not definite, but he is a possibility.
CJH has free reign to do whatever he wants with the offensive staff. Whatever keeps the culture on that side of the ball where it is. I don't want a single thing to rock the boat.

Portal numbers currently per On3.
  • ENTERED
  • COMMITTED
    802 (46%)
  • WITHDRAWN
    37 (2.14%)
Almost 900 kids still without a new school.
Last year there were several in the portal that were walk ons and some that were quitting football that put their name in there as well…. I wonder what the % is that really thought they were going to be wanted but found no takers.

The Checkerboard level is perfect. I’ve loved being a member and every single poster here needs to join.
$25 a month for the joy of double digit win seasons and rising from the 15 year pit of despair. Into New Years Six bowls (soon 12 team playoff ) basically every season from now on is worth every penny.

Since he's already transferred once won't he have to get a release and such or sit in 23?

I honestly don't see how we would expect him to start next year even if he's cleared. His best season stats aren't any better than Burrell's last year or Hadden's this year. Does seem like a culture fit though.
He'd be a grad transfer so he'd be ready to go.

According to one article I read he graded out better than any other BYU DB

Allowed only 23 receptions on 41 targets for 16.6 yards per reception

Since he's already transferred once won't he have to get a release and such or sit in 23?

I honestly don't see how we would expect him to start next year even if he's cleared. His best season stats aren't any better than Burrell's last year or Hadden's this year. Does seem like a culture fit though.
He can play immediately because he's a grad transfer. Graduated from Vandy in 3 1/2 years before transferring to BYU. Learned Russian at VU, which shows he is a bright guy who applies himself and has self-discipline (not that I expect language skills of all ball players(!), but it shows something). Known at BYU as being a hitter. So he's not soft. Has two years of eligibility.

Overall, everything depends on winter, spring, summer, and preseason-fall workouts/practice. Same as for everyone else. We'll just have to see. But I don't think we would take him if the staff didn't think he has a shot at starting on one side.

Last edited:

My guess is he's a grad transfer. Grad transfers don't have to sit.

Reactions: SoilVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back