Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s going to be interesting to see if we have a legit qb battle this spring and fall or if Milton will automatically be the starter
We will have a QB battle but Milton will be the starter.

He's done everything that he's supposed to do, when it comes to being a backup QB, especially in this era. He aced his first test in the Orange Bowl. We're lucky to have Milton because Nico still needs time to develop. This will also give Heupel time to complete his Magnum Opus in the full development/fixing of Joe Milton, solidifies himself as a true QB guru, master developer. Great win for Tennessee.

Nico will get meaningful snaps in blowouts, and we will striving to put games away faster than ever for that reason.

Nico's best chance at the starting job will be if Milton gets hurt, especially during that SEC stretch of our schedule.

$13M!? For not even a consensus 5 star QB!? He’s only a 5 star on one site (247) and not even a top 5 QB on any site. Yikkkess. He’s a high potential QB, but still reeks of desperation for UF to offer that amount to flip him from Miami.

Nico for $8M looking like a steal based off that reported number 😅

Last edited:
We will have a QB battle but Milton will be the starter.

He's done everything that he's supposed to do, when it comes to being a backup QB, especially in this era. He aced his first test in the Orange Bowl. We're lucky to have Milton because Nico still needs time to develop. This will also give Heupel time to complete his Magnum Opus in the full development/fixing of Joe Milton, solidifies himself as a true QB guru, master developer. Great win for Tennessee.

Nico will get meaningful snaps in blowouts, and we will striving to put games away faster than ever for that reason.

Nico's best chance at the starting job will be if Milton gets hurt, especially during that SEC stretch of our schedule.

Exactly, and barring an implosion, the fans should support this and not jump off the rails with his first incomplete pass.
He looked great in the Orange Bowl, but there were still folks in the game thread complaining.

The jaden kid smells of drama. If I was Florida I wouldn’t take him. They’re in a sticky situation. Blowback from the fans if you don’t and you don’t have a legitimate quarterback other than mertz who sucks. Bad roster management.
It's bad regardless. If he gets his money by essentially holding out, he will have a tough time in the locker room. If he's let go, the QB room is in absolute shambles compared to mild shambles.

I do think there could be an opportunity for a $10 or $15 /month option in Vol Club for Kids. Easy gift for parents/grandparents for the kiddos in their lives. Shirseys, puzzle(s) or coloring book(s), kids swag/toys, something cool on their birthday, they'll still like the autographed photos. Have a guy like Squirrel be the main athlete this year because the branding is so easy. It can be a great experience for the athletes ahead of similar engagement at the next level (NFL). It would also be a win for the university because you're solidifying that connection with the next generation.
I wish they'd come out with an intermediate level. I think the gap from one to the next level is too much. Also, I would like to see them offer a onetime payment option instead of the monthly plans. If someone wants to gift a membership, they don't want that coming out of their account every month. I was going to give a membership to my son for Christmas and I posed the question to @WillAtSpyre in a thread but he never responded.

Last edited:
The jaden kid smells of drama. If I was Florida I wouldn’t take him. They’re in a sticky situation. Blowback from the fans if you don’t and you don’t have a legitimate quarterback other than mertz who sucks. Bad roster management.

I agree and disagree at the same time. It’s being reported that his NIL deal they sold him on isn’t being honored. If that’s the case, makes perfect sense to not follow through on attending FL.

But also yes drama bc his recruitment has seemed to be all about the money and nothing more.

I wish they'd come out with an intermediate level. I think the gap from one to the next level is too much. Also, I would luje to see them offer a onetime payment option instead of the monthly plans. If someone wants to gift a membership, they don't want thar coming out of their account every month. I was going to give a membership to my son for Christmas and I posed the question to @WillAtSpyre in a thread but he never responded.
I think there is an option to pay for the full year upfront, but maybe I'm mistaken

Ehh. I put most of this on the school, not the player. I’m sure the kid had some drama, I mean just look at his recruitment, but if the reports are true about UF just not owning up to paying what they said they would, then I don’t blame this kid fully for what’s going down. If UF didn’t make false promises then this kid is probably sitting in Gainesville and getting to work.

Reactions: jlawso21
If NIL wasn't around, UF wouldn't have had to offer him that. I'm guessing they did to beat whatever Miami was paying him.

That’s Flordia’s fault, not NIL. There are thousands of QBs they could’ve recruited. They chose to pursue the one that they had to offer $13M. That’s a dumb approach to recruiting by Napier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back