Status
Not open for further replies.
Portal numbers currently per On3.
  • ENTERED
  • COMMITTED
    802 (46%)
  • WITHDRAWN
    37 (2.14%)
Almost 900 kids still without a new school.
And hundreds of HS kids sitting at home checking their email every hour, and twittling their thumbs. Portal has done a number on HS recruiting unless your a johnny 5 star.

I need prayers for my daughter…. They think she has a torn meniscus that will need surgery and she will miss the rest of her basketball season. She is very upset and was having a great year.

If they said that she will miss her season, that means that they can repair the meniscus, not just remove it. Long term much better outcome. Repair means you keep the alignment supplied by the meniscus.
Removed you lose it and worse for your knee long term.

Prayers sent 🙏

tenor.gif

We have Josh Heupel and staff. The other programs do not. That's all I need to know. A four W improvement in one season using Cornbread leftovers and some transfer butter. He is building a ball buster roster with staff continuity who are proven developers of talent with the best O scheme in football.

UGA got exposed against OSU. Birmingham could not protect them. Bama got exposed against us and LSU. Brice Young is gone. UF is where we were in the early Pruitt years.

Join the Volunteer Club and be an active participant in the success. We have some natties to win.

Not only should everyone join the Volunteer Club…. But when you’re in the market for new Tennessee swag, you should check out the Volunteer Club shop

Shop - The Volunteer Club

Love the Tennessee Saturday night shirt and the Tennessee moneyline one.

I have a ton of swag already but made a personal commitment to only buy gear in the future that ar least a portion goes towards NIL.

The one exception is I still might buy the occasional jersey from DHGate just because they’re so much cheaper. Not really a jersey guy unless I’m going to the game and I have a Jennings, Kamara, and a new Hooker one I got from joining the KnoxvilleNIL.

same boat. I buy stuff for my kids too, shirseys they can sleep in and stuff like that.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I do think there could be an opportunity for a $10 or $15 /month option in Vol Club for Kids. Easy gift for parents/grandparents for the kiddos in their lives. Shirseys, puzzle(s) or coloring book(s), kids swag/toys, something cool on their birthday, they'll still like the autographed photos. Have a guy like Squirrel be the main athlete this year because the branding is so easy. It can be a great experience for the athletes ahead of similar engagement at the next level (NFL). It would also be a win for the university because you're solidifying that connection with the next generation.

Rashada

The Orlando Sentinel's Edgar Thompson is reporting that Rashada is currently home in Pittsburg after "a NIL agreement for around $13 million was not honored."

OnlyGators.com’s Adam Silverstein, the Director of Editorial at 247Sports, is also reporting that Rashada requested a release from his NLI on Wednesday.

The latest comments from Jaden Rashada's father via 247's Brandon Huffman:

"Jaden hasn't enrolled yet, he's in the Bay Area. We're having a conversation with Florida tomorrow (Thursday). We’re in constant talks with Florida in regards to his enrollment, but I’d like to think if he’s not enrolled by Friday there will be some challenges there to proceed as planned.

"We're working through some things right now with Florida and hoping that they get resolved soon. Jaden has been excited about the next chapter of his academic and athletic career and is eagerly anticipating early enrollment in Gainesville.”

Any NIL deal that a UF player/signee has is with Gator Collective. They facilitate the deals and make sure the athletes fulfill their obligations, but the actual money that funds those deals come from different sources.

For the football team -- and especially the top players -- those deals are funded by the Gator Guard (Hugh Hathcock and a few of his fellow million-dollar donors). Then it's Gary Condron for baseball, Chandler Parsons and others with men's hoops, Jeff Nudelman for women's hoops, etc.

They put up the funds and the Gator Collective signs the athletes to the NIL deals and executes them. In addition to funds from big donors, Gator Collective also allocates the fan donations it receives toward NIL deals, but it's just not as much money as what Hathcock and Condron contribute.

The Gator Guard -- not the Gator Collective -- would be responsible for whatever NIL figure Jaden Rashada was offered, but GC is the entity that actually has to draw up the deal, have Rashada sign it and then get him to execute it. Hugh Hathcock is literally just wiring the money over.

The funds from Gator Guard probably covers the top 10-20 football players. The GG raised $5 million before the start of the season and $1M of that went to one player.

The money that Gator Collective generates takes cares of the rest of the football team along with players from other sports.

Messy Messy Messy

$13m??? that's nearly the expected contract for a first round pick lmfao.
here are the fan thoughts:

Gotta start over with a new staff now, no way you can recruit kids after pulling a deal off the table like that. Done.

$13 mil is silly money

What the heck. No high school kid is worth 13 million. Good ridden. I wouldn’t pay either. Good job Gators

Yeah, but in the end, it’s reality and if this plays out the way it is we are condemned to be a mediocre football team for the foreseeable future. This is embarrassing. No other way around it. This is a complete cluster ****.

WTF is wrong with the world that a kid who’s never played a down is getting $13 million.

Wow, 2023 Vols QB was around $8M and he is a consensus Top5 recruit. $13M is not a good deal and is overreach.

13 million for an unproven kid? And we do not honor what we said we would? NIL is testing my love for college football….. these entitled ungrateful little sh*** can kiss my entire a**

BS. No high school kid deserves that type of money. Heck there’s pro nfl guys not making that

I'm sorry, but any 17 yr old who thinks he's worth NFL $ before ever taking a snap in college can walk as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if it drops our fictional class ranking from 11th to 14th. It's getting to the point where I don't care if it scares away other 17 yr olds. You either want to be a Gator or you can take the long walk off the short pier.

It’s the “not honored” part that concerns me.
Bad look

Now that the report of the NIL value is out. There is no way in good faith UF can move forward and bring him on campus. Could you imagine how the fan base would react if he underperformed on the field? He would be eaten alive, not to mention the message boards and Twitter. The backlash would be relentless! His own teammates potentially thinking,"they gave this bum all that money." It's probably safe to say that it won't work out.

$13M for a 4 star high school QB?!!!

We will be fine with Mertz who is worth about 13 cents.

hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of posts that echo these sentiments

A war has broken out between the Gators On3 and 247, with contradictory reporting/sources. It looks like both sides are putting it all on the line for this story and one of the sites is going to lose a ton of credibility.

It’s going to be interesting to see if we have a legit qb battle this spring and fall or if Milton will automatically be the starter

Reactions: Rizzo924
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back