Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Spyre needs to do a better job of marketing. I don't think the average fan knows about it or at least understands it. I've talked to many fans, some season ticket holders that have no idea what Spyre is or what it does. Many have never heard of it.

The website is also confusing. It takes scrolling 2/3 of the way down before a mention of joining the volunteer club or contributing to the collective.

I think Spyre needs to do a better job of marketing. I don't think the average fan knows about it or at least understands it. I've talked to many fans, some season ticket holders that have no idea what Spyre is or what it does. Many have never heard of it.

At halftime of the Mizzou game, they played a video (30 seconds?) of Heupel endorsing Spyre and asking for fans to donate to NIL for players. While I am sure Spyre can still find new areas to market, at this point, I would hope most fans that have been to games understand what NIL is. Heupel was pretty clear in the message that it would help support student athletes. It’s out there if people listen, especially if they are actively going to games or events.

They talked quite a bit about how they are going to expand marketing including getting in with the Vol Network and stadium advertising. Lot of plans for 2023. Goal to get to 5000 members by end of year.

The joke is thinking we can recruit mainly 3 stars and somehow close the talent gap with the elite programs. Hint count the stars on the elite programs and count ours and see the massive difference. Then look at their success over the last 20 years amd look at our lack of success compared to theirs.
What do you mean by" mostly?" We have a top 10 class. That does not equal mostly 3 stars. I guess math is hard.

Last edited:
At halftime of the Mizzou game, they played a video (30 seconds?) of Heupel endorsing Spyre and asking for fans to donate to NIL for players. While I am sure Spyre can still find new areas to market, at this point, I would hope most fans that have been to games understand what NIL is. Heupel was pretty clear in the message that it would help support student athletes. It’s out there if people listen, especially if they are actively going to games or events.
Lol, half weren't in their seats. 1/3 of those that were, were inebriated, 1/3 paid attention, 1/3 had no idea what was going on on the jumbotron.

They need to be on tv, radio, news programs, social media. Probably get Peyton to do a blurb. Other former athletes too. They need to make sure every Tennessee fan is fully educated on Spyre whether they attend games or not. They should have booths at every gate selling memberships. 2000 members is really pathetic when you think of the size of this fanbase.

Lol, half weren't in their seats. 1/3 of those that were, were inebriated, 1/3 paid attention, 1/3 had no idea what was going on on the jumbotron.

They need to be on tv, radio, news programs, social media. Probably get Peyton to do a blurb. Other former athletes too. They need to make sure every Tennessee fan is fully educated on Spyre whether they attend games or not. They should have booths at every gate selling memberships. 2000 members is really pathetic when you think of the size of this fanbase.

That costs money too, which takes away from their contributions. Using Heupel on the video board does not. They market that only 10% goes to overhead, and at some point, those costs go beyond 10%.

I get it. I’m sure they are creating other ways. But I have a hard time believing that someone who has season tickets and reasonably follows the program doesn’t know what NIL is and that there is at least a group that takes contributions.

Spyre also helps negotiate outside deals for their players, so it’s not just the memberships that pay.

That costs money too, which takes away from their contributions. Using Heupel on the video board does not. They market that only 10% goes to overhead, and at some point, those costs go beyond 10%.

I get it. I’m sure they are creating other ways. But I have a hard time believing that someone who has season tickets and reasonably follows the program doesn’t know what NIL is and that there is at least a group that takes contributions.

Spyre also helps negotiate outside deals for their players, so it’s not just the memberships that pay.
Many know what NIL is (some don't, some think it's pay for play from the university) but don't know what Spyre is. Many that know what NIL is think it's an avenue for companies to use student athletes to market their products or services. They have no idea about the crowd funding portion is all about.

Sure, marketing cost money. But as with any product you hope those cost are mitigated by an increase in sales. There's a lot of people that don't know what/understand what Spyre is.

Maybe a good start would be to change the name to something with "Tennessee" or "Knoxville" or "Collective" in it.

Spyre straight up sounds like something a dude in a rented Lamborghini would name his MLM company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back