Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
😆😆 that's the spirit

Maybe flash a QR code on the Jumbotron after every TD that takes you to a site to donate 5, 10, 20, 50, custom. You can't pay the players for performance but what's to stop some fans from getting donation happy for the collective itself after a TD or two??? 😆
Get with the local Budweiser distributor. Coozies dont cost ish. Make Spyre UT coozies for bottles, dofferent players on each available for $5 per can/bottle. Women will buy them left and right.

Get with the local Budweiser distributor. Coozies dont cost ish. Make Spyre UT coozies for bottles, dofferent players on each available for $5 per can/bottle. Women will buy them left and right.
They have koozies. I secured one at the Florida game tailgate lol. Not with players on it but with the Volunteer Club logo

Who is the AB distro for Knoxville? Our largest AB distro here in WV just got bought out by JR Hand out of Nashville, and I thought they did most of TN. I was excited it for for the thought I could finally get some perks I wanted, Vol Tickets, and learned the owner is a candy grad, and heavy supporter of candy athletics. Dumb.

Who is the AB distro for Knoxville? Our largest AB distro here in WV just got bought out by JR Hand out of Nashville, and I thought they did most of TN. I was excited it for for the thought I could finally get some perks I wanted, Vol Tickets, and learned the owner is a candy grad, and heavy supporter of candy athletics. Dumb.
I dont know about that. But there are other options, Cherokee is up there.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
friday-the.gif

My 2 cents in case @WillAtSpyre reads all of these posts... word of mouth is their best advertising. I started talking about being a member at our tailgates early on this past season. I could tell no one knew exactly what I was talking about so needed time to explain in a little depth. Younger crowd has been more receptive, especially as season went on ("I need to do that"). As the NIL acronym has become more widely known, I haven't had to explain as much. The other speed bump I've hit is people who don't like the way NIL "has (or will) changed the game." My opinion is that it's here - embrace it or get left behind. I also told them it's the perfect vehicle to get us out of the ditch (thankfully Heupel et al backed me up!). Lastly, a couple of the guys at our tailgate are in Shareholders Society ($$&), I feel like they were negative (I just said it was an easy & cheaper way for me to feel like I could contribute in some small way!), but I think their stance has softened once Danny promoted Spyre a little.
I think this is my longest post ever on here!

Last edited:
Eagle Distributing owned by Ray Hand.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
@WillAtSpyre get with Danny and have information sent out to season ticket holders via mail.

I would also suggest having booths at the stadium with PSAs on the video board a couple times.
Another idea would be to have an option to sign up and contribute to Spyre when the season ticket holder renews tickets. They could have option to do a one time donation, or option to sign up for monthly. Have a short synopsis of what Spyre is for and what it will help us do.

Thanks to InVOLuntary! LadyVols won another SEC game..
Lady Vols are benefitting from a very weak conference schedule. This offsets the difficult non-conference schedule played early season. They shouldn't lose a conference game not named South Carolina or LSU. We'll see how it plays out.

TAMU is arguably the worst team in the league. While it wasn't pretty, they did hammer out the win. SEC road games are not easily had so kudos to the Lady Vols.

My 2 cents in case @WillAtSpyre reads all of these posts... word of mouth is their best advertising. I started talking about being a member at our tailgates early on this past season. I could tell no one knew exactly what I was talking about so needed time to explain in a little depth. Younger crowd has been more receptive, especially as season went on ("I need to do that"). As the NIL acronym has become more widely known, I haven't had to explain as much. The other speed bump I've hit is people who don't like the way NIL "has (or will) changed the game." My opinion is that it's here - embrace it or get left behind. I also told them it's the perfect vehicle to get us out of the ditch (thankfully Heupel et al backed me up!). Lastly, a couple of the guys at our tailgate are in Shareholders Society ($$&), I feel like they were negative (I just said it was an easy & cheaper way for me to feel like I could contribute in some small way!), but I think their stance has softened once Danny promoted Spurs a little.
I think this is my longest post ever on here!

I agree with this, too. People are hesitant to do anything unless they personally know someone who has benefited from it. My brother and long time friend are now members because I discussed it and showed them what I got. My friend loved the beer barrel shirt, and you can only get it through Spyre. Fans have to do their part, too if they really believe in it.

@VolsDoc81TX in here healing all you old hypochondriacs lol
Ah, youth. Reminds me of that old saying...where I am now, someday ye shall also be. When the years have taken your smug attitude and turned it on it's ear, understanding and humility shall be yours.....oh...almost forgot......LOL!

Same, my friend's dad is an alum and season ticket holder for decades and had no idea about it. He was excited when I told him about it though. To me, it's an information problem, not a "want to" problem. It's not Spyre's fault necessarily but the average Tennessee fan flat out just does not know what Spyre is or does. Im happy to hear they seemingly have a plan in place to start more aggresivelly getting the word out.

Can UT not share the season ticket holder list with Spyre? Seems like a fairly simple solution.

Ah, youth. Reminds me of that old saying...where I am now, someday ye shall also be. When the years have taken your smug attitude and turned it on it's ear, understanding and humility shall be yours.....oh...almost forgot......LOL!
Let em have it. Ignorance is bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back