Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyre could set up salvation army orange kettle style at home games and raise enough for a couple good players.
😆😆 that's the spirit

Maybe flash a QR code on the Jumbotron after every TD that takes you to a site to donate 5, 10, 20, 50, custom. You can't pay the players for performance but what's to stop some fans from getting donation happy for the collective itself after a TD or two??? 😆

😆😆 that's the spirit

Maybe flash a QR code on the Jumbotron after every TD that takes you to a site to donate 5, 10, 20, 50, custom. You can't pay the players for performance but what's to stop some fans from getting donation happy for the collective itself after a TD or two??? 😆
And after a beverage or two

Love Dan Marino. He was my favorite player growing up.

Story time...my family was going to see Twister in the theatre and stopped at a comic and card store to kill a few minutes.

They had a Marino rookie card for 60 bucks and I had saved up my money from mowing my great granny's yard. I bought that sucker.

I was wearing one of those Hawaiian button up shirts that was popular at the time and I slid the card into the front chest pocket. It was in one of those thick plastic sleeves that screwed together. I remember the sturdy feel of it as I patted it reassuringly the whole movie.

That was a great day.

😆😆 that's the spirit

It'd be like the way likes are thrown out on this board after big wins! WE'D BE UNSTOPPABLE!!

Lol, half weren't in their seats. 1/3 of those that were, were inebriated, 1/3 paid attention, 1/3 had no idea what was going on on the jumbotron.

They need to be on tv, radio, news programs, social media. Probably get Peyton to do a blurb. Other former athletes too. They need to make sure every Tennessee fan is fully educated on Spyre whether they attend games or not. They should have booths at every gate selling memberships. 2000 members is really pathetic when you think of the size of this fanbase.
That’s where a good marketer would come in handy. I’ve wanted to pull the trigger, but my hours have been cut by a fourth, ouch. Really ouch, but I plan on doing my part when it usually lets up by spring and when I can, I’ll be loud about it. That’s what kept me from doing so, but even I can see, we all have to do our part. We’ve all done a lot of bit*hing of wishing we could help. Now we can. I’ll announce my membership loud and clear.

Lol, half weren't in their seats. 1/3 of those that were, were inebriated, 1/3 paid attention, 1/3 had no idea what was going on on the jumbotron.

They need to be on tv, radio, news programs, social media. Probably get Peyton to do a blurb. Other former athletes too. They need to make sure every Tennessee fan is fully educated on Spyre whether they attend games or not. They should have booths at every gate selling memberships. 2000 members is really pathetic when you think of the size of this fanbase.

I tried asking @WillAtSpyre and @KingNico (bc he seems to know things) what their strategy was a long time ago but I got no answer. Inquired about who they’re targeting for donations and how.

Tennessee’s coaches will return to the recruiting road next week following Saturday’s junior day and it feels like Josh Heupel will not have a tight ends coach hired by then so he will send out a QC or an analyst. As for the hire, we will see. It still doesn’t feel like Heupel has done much work on the opening to this point. We expect they will talk to multiple people at some point over the next couple of weeks and then go from there. There’s a chance Heupel could promote from within, but it feels like he’s going to talk to some candidates from around the country before making any decision.
-VQ

Love Dan Marino. He was my favorite player growing up.

Story time...my family was going to see Twister in the theatre and stopped at a comic and card store to kill a few minutes.

They had a Marino rookie card for 60 bucks and I had saved up my money from mowing my great granny's yard. I bought that sucker.

I was wearing one of those Hawaiian button up shirts that was popular at the time and I slid the card into the front chest pocket. It was in one of those thick plastic sleeves that screwed together. I remember the sturdy feel of it as I patted it reassuringly the whole movie.

That was a great day.
lol I guess I'm about a generation ahead of you. My favorite players growing up were Bob Griese and Larry Csonka.

Great story btw.

I think Spyre needs to do a better job of marketing. I don't think the average fan knows about it or at least understands it. I've talked to many fans, some season ticket holders that have no idea what Spyre is or what it does. Many have never heard of it.
My brother in law has never heard of Spyre and he is a season ticket holder and I sent him the link and he had no clue. They have to do a better job of marketing or they will have trouble getting members.

My brother in law has never heard of Spyre and he is a season ticket holder and I sent him the link and he had no clue. They have to do a better job of marketing or they will have trouble getting members.
Same, my friend's dad is an alum and season ticket holder for decades and had no idea about it. He was excited when I told him about it though. To me, it's an information problem, not a "want to" problem. It's not Spyre's fault necessarily but the average Tennessee fan flat out just does not know what Spyre is or does. Im happy to hear they seemingly have a plan in place to start more aggresivelly getting the word out.

I take Gabapentin. Doesn't make me feel stoned but doesn't really help my neuropathy either. At least I don't think it does. I mean, I still get intense pain in my feet at night. Legs too. Add that to my back pain and sleep is tough sometimes. But it is what it is. The fact I'm a liver transplant recipient seems to limit what drugs I can take. Mostly just have to live with the pain.

The biggest problem that I see is docs taking the dosage up to anti-seizure levels or antidepressant treatment levels.

If it’s the correct medication for you, then lower dosage usually helps with the type nerve pain that you are describing… at the lower dosage range, your liver doctor may be willing to let you try some.

Anti- seizure medication for nerve pain:
Gabapentin
Pregabalin (Lyrica)
Oxcarbazepine

Antidepressants for nerve pain:
Duloxetine (Cymbalta)
Sertraline
Paroxetine
Venlafaxine
Citalopram
Trazodone
Amitriptyline
Nortriptyline

That’s the list that I have had the most success with over the years. There’s others that Neurologists use for Trigeminal neuralgia , but they don’t work for peripheral nerve pain…
Hopefully you find something that works for you that you can take. Whatever medication you are allowed to try, start with the lowest dosage. Take it for at least 2-3 weeks before trying a higher dosage.

That has to be rough. I'm dealing with Stenosis related back pain myself, but it doesn't sound anything as bad as that.

I find I'm sleeping less and not really getting rest even when I do anymore. I won't take opioids. But I have found myself drinking more often than I used to. Something's going to have to give soon it feels like.

Check the medication list that I posted for Weezer. One of them may help. None are narcotics.

Check with a PT and get them to evaluate you for lumbar McKenzie with flexion bias (definitely not extension bias which would make you worse)

If your stenosis is moderate, but not surgical bad yet, there’s a device made by Boston Scientific that could help (minor surgical procedure). Could be something to look into.
It is called Vertiflex. It’s relatively new, but can help quite a bit…

Same, my friend's dad is an alum and season ticket holder for decades and had no idea about it. He was excited when I told him about it though. To me, it's an information problem, not a "want to" problem. It's not Spyre's fault necessarily but the average Tennessee fan flat out just does not know what Spyre is or does. Im happy to hear they seemingly have a plan in place to start more aggresivelly getting the word out.
I believe the awareness is growing. I saw Spyre's advertising on the video boards during games at Neyland this year. Hopefully ppl ask the right questions and donate.

I believe the awareness is growing. I saw Spyre's advertising on the video boards during games at Neyland this year. Hopefully ppl ask the right questions and donate.
Could they sell 'Spyre Attire'?

Honestly having gone to the VFL bookstore on campus two weeks back while on 'business', they could stand to partner with Spyre on UT gear.

When asked about authentic jerseys the dude said 'Well we get a Peyton jersey in once a year.' I looked at the peach fuzz moustachayed 20 yarr old and just deadpanned.

'Spyre Authenticated Nike Tennessee Gear.' I dont know how the money would work out but, there seems to be a niche there. Maybe Spyre handles the NIL part of it while taking a cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back