Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. 50/50 is how I'd put the odds. Never know how a recruit will do when they step up to this level. Never know how his mind will work when the bullets start flying. By the same token, I'm not fully sold on Milton. I'll wager he's not going to put up Hooker numbers, but one game and some mop up throws aren't enough to convince me he's turned the corner. Gonna be a very interesting season for sure.
Devil's Advocate: If you set aside his Michigan days - Milton in 2021 played 1.5 meaningful games and some mop up duty the rest of the season. So our negative opinions of him are primarily rested on the Bowling Green game we won 38-6, the little bit he played against Pitt before getting injured, and the one dumb play against Ole Miss.

Now look at this season. In 2022 he played 2.5 meaningful games. After Hooker got hurt against South Carolina he had 1 or 2 scoring drives. He started against Vandy and played a great game and we routed Vandy. Then he started the Orange Bowl and Top 10 Clemson and beat them, being named MVP in the process. He threw for 971 yds, 10 TDs, and 0 INTs this season.

And so what we are saying when we say he hasn't shown enough is that the lackluster play from the 1st game in 2021 and the poor decision against Ole Miss outweighs what he did this season and what he has done most recently. Even though there's now been more very good performances at Tennessee than poor performances.

I think one of the rudest things these days are these people that watch/listen on their phones with volume up on their speaker...wtf makes you think everyone wants to hear that ish? Turn it off or invest in some ear pods a hole.😠
if only there were a way to mute those noises. if only there were a way, for you, to use your power to choose to use said fantsy muting devices, to walk away to quieter area, or ignore it.

im NOT a fan of musicals, specifically disney musicals. if i didnt have airpods id go nuts on road trips.

Reactions: jakez4ut
The thing is everyone remembers the plays he got burnt on. No one remembers the plays the ball didn't go in his guys direction because... Covered...

Hadden was feast or famine. He made some boneheaded plays.. Yes. He also made some great plays. And yep.. He talked after all of them.

Hardly something that should elevate to this.
I agree with every bit of this.................................has nothing to do with whether or not people should directly message him or his family with ********. He could be the very worst player on the field and also the loudest to the competition, still doesnt give johhny **** face sittting on his keyboard the justification to go talk **** to the dude or his family. Hadden isnt the issue here, its tthe acceptance that people gonna do what they gonna do on twitter and its just something we have to accept.

I think one of the rudest things these days are these people that watch/listen on their phones with volume up on their speaker...wtf makes you think everyone wants to hear that ish? Turn it off or invest in some ear pods a hole.😠
My husband went off on some lady when we were at a restaurant and we heard all about her daughter’s gynecologist appointment in great detail on speakerphone 😂 the fact that they were obviously from up north and transplants did not help matters lol

The one that drives me crazy is people walking around a store talking on their phone.

It's like you guys don't really read what I say. I called my shot years ago that Hunter Johnson was a huge bust waiting to happen when everybody else was freaking out that he had flipped...but I am NOT expecting Nico to bust, I just saw a few things in the games I watched that made me doubt his "can't miss" label...a LITTLE.

I hope Joe doesn't get hurt...it's 100% better to have two promising backups than only one, especially when that ONE has absolute zero experience...surely nobody argues with that logical fact.

It doesn't matter now...one is all we got...excuse me if I think Gaston is not SEC worthy...could be wrong on that also though...I just really hope that we don't have to find out if I am wrong or not.

Bottom line...Joe Milton better produce, and he better stay healthy.
Don't count out that Shuler boy! Lol

Losing Tayven has me conflicted. He looked very good in mop up duties this season. I was impressed. I think he's gonna be a very good QB and will kill it wherever he goes.

Transferring this early makes me feel like he's already seen what Nico can do and feels he doesn't have a chance to be number 2 this year or number 1 in 24. That makes me feel good, but idk...

When was the last time we had to throw out a true freshman QB during the season? JG in 2017? Dobbs in 2014?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Devil's Advocate: If you set aside his Michigan days - Milton in 2021 played 1.5 meaningful games and some mop up duty the rest of the season. So our negative opinions of him are primarily rested on the Bowling Green game we won 38-6, the little bit he played against Pitt before getting injured, and the one dumb play against Ole Miss.

Now look at this season. In 2022 he played 2.5 meaningful games. After Hooker got hurt against South Carolina he had 1 or 2 scoring drives. He started against Vandy and played a great game and we routed Vandy. Then he started the Orange Bowl and Top 10 Clemson and beat them, being named MVP in the process. He threw for 971 yds, 10 TDs, and 0 INTs this season.

And so what we are saying when we say he hasn't shown enough is that the lackluster play from the 1st game in 2021 and the poor decision against Ole Miss outweighs what he did this season and what he has done most recently. Even though there's now been more very good performances at Tennessee than poor performances.
Excellent

After JG just a couple years ago, you would think that those numbers would at least make people a little hopeful we can win quite a few games next year.

I have over 100k more likes than posts now.

you-like-me-you-really-like-me-gif-5.gif

Totally agree…

dont join an old guy gym. set up gym at the house.

dont like old man spurrier doing air humps, dont like dolled up 26 yo looking for sugar daddy, dont like roid head, dont like meat market. so, basically dont like people. takes care of the rest.
Jack, tell us what you do like.

I went to the Tennessee Promise meeting last week at the high school to check it out, and kids in Tennessee can go for free to community college.. the cafeteria was filled to the brim, standing room only.. it was very encouraging… we need plumbers, HVAC, electricians, welders, LPNs, they make our world go

My daughter did the Tennessee Promise. Got 2 years free at a CC and then just finished her bachelor’s at UTM. She made that decision without any prodding. She said she wanted as little to no debt when she graduated.

I agree with every bit of this.................................has nothing to do with whether or not people should directly message him or his family with ********. He could be the very worst player on the field and also the loudest to the competition, still doesnt give johhny **** face sittting on his keyboard the justification to go talk **** to the dude or his family. Hadden isnt the issue here, its tthe acceptance that people gonna do what they gonna do on twitter and its just something we have to accept.
The irony to me is I put people who talk **** to a player or his family on social media in the exact same category as a player who talks **** to an opponent after making a routine play. Both are signs of weakness and a lack of self-worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back