Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played poorly, but the officials called the game in a way that favored KY. They protected Tshiebwe. If you didn't see all the stuff they let go under the basket, we were watching different games.
I saw Zeigler miss at least 3 layups uncontested, one on a fastbreak and JJJ miss an uncontested layup as well in the final minutes. Was a 2 point game down the stretch. We win if we even make those simple shots. Not due to refs.

Anyone blaming the refs for this loss is just looking for excuses. We missed 8 layups. 8! Our offensive looked like hot damn it all game.
Nope. I've acknowledged we played poorly. I'm also acknowledging that KY's big man was protected by the officials. He was allowed to foul under the basket and not get called for it.

I saw Zeigler miss at least 3 layups uncontested, one on a fastbreak and JJJ miss an uncontested layup as well in the final minutes. Was a 2 point game down the stretch. We win if we even make those simple shots. Not due to refs.
And Santi made some bad shots, too. We played poorly. I said that already. But like I've also said, Oscar was protected. He was allowed to fould without calls. Dude should have fouled out, but refs swallowed their whistle on most of his play.

Now our great friends in Tuscaloosa are at the top of the conference. We get them at home too. But Rick hasn’t exactly been great against Nate Oats. I don’t even remember beating them since Oats got there a few years back

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Nothing to do with refs (although they were awful both ways)
Rick should have gotten a tech late in 1st half to get message across.
ZZ was awful. Too many missed layups.

This is why Rick always flops in March - no offensive game plan when we're not shooting well. No "get me a bucket on your own" player.
Great game by Uros! Take his performance away and we get blown out at home. Disappointing.

Once again a weak performance from a mentally fragile team when they needed to step up and should have won. Barnes hasn't had a team yet that didn't choke a couple of times due to being psyched out by the opposing team. How can you go from how we've performed the last 4-5 games we've played, we are at HOME against a team that is falling apart at every end, and then WE fall apart and magically can't hit anything because it's KY...

It wasn't all the refs. I'm not gonna sit here and argue or make excuses. We missed a lot of easy shots and some really poor shot selection, but anyone who can't see KY's big was protected in this game is living in denial. It's part of the reason they owned the boards. Not the whole reason, but part. Oscar was protected by the refs.

It wasn't all the refs. I'm not gonna sit here and argue or make excuses. We missed a lot of easy shots and some really poor shot selection, but anyone who can't see KY's big was protected in this game is living in denial. It's part of the reason they owned the boards. Not the whole reason, but part. Oscar was protected by the refs.
we have no shot makers

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back