Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

White House is represented here too
Man, this is crazy! I’ve wanted to reply back to these all day. I live in Chattanooga now but I was born and raised in Hendersonville. Grew up in Shackle Island. Went to Beech my entire life. My parents still live off Latimer Ln. All of my family still live in the area. I miss home so much. I miss Long Hollow Pike and Gallatin Rd something fierce! Was just telling my mom that over the weekend.

Man, this is crazy! I’ve wanted to reply back to these all day. I live in Chattanooga now but I was born and raised in Hendersonville. Grew up in Shackle Island. Went to Beech my entire life. My parents still live off Latimer Ln. All of my family still live in the area. I miss home so much. I miss Long Hollow Pike and Gallatin Rd something fierce! Was just telling my mom that over the weekend.
My cousin lived out that way off New Shackle Island and went to Beech. Also knew a couple of guys from college that graduated from there. I grew up in Mt Juliet but wasn’t out y’all’s way too often bc it just took so long to get there cuz of having to go around old hickory lake

we have been saying this for almost 15 years. yeah it gets more likely each time it gets said, but I am not hedging any bets on Saban's timeline.
he is 71. My Dad is 82 and still working.

🤦🏼‍♂️ At 45 if I even had $1 million pesos and a half a marijuanas id retire.

Unfortunately he will be around for a long time.

he is 71. My Dad is 82 and still working.

🤦🏼‍♂️ At 45 if I even had $1 million pesos and a half a marijuanas id retire.
Some people are just wired to work until they die. My dad seems miserable when he isn’t working. He’s frequently said he’ll probably get a job bartending or something when he eventually retires from his corporate gig.

Me? Once I’m comfortable I think I’m done. My brother got my dads workaholic gene, I wish I did. But I certainly did not lol

Some people are just wired to work until they die. My dad seems miserable when he isn’t working. He’s frequently said he’ll probably get a job bartending or something when he eventually retires from his corporate gig.

Me? Once I’m comfortable I think I’m done. My brother got my dads workaholic gene, I wish I did. But I certainly did not lol
I work plenty. When not at work, I def enjoy manual labor around the house. Its cathartic. Its easy to get engrossed in work. Ergo, easy to get nice and burnt out.

If I retired, similarly it'd be a semi-retirement. Probably guide fly fishing trips. Have my Orvis certification.

I work plenty. When not at work, I def enjoy manual labor around the house. Its cathartic. Its easy to get engrossed in work. Ergo, easy to get nice and burnt out.

If I retired, similarly it'd be a semi-retirement. Probably guide fly fishing trips. Have my Orvis certification.
You and I are fairly similar. I have to have a job, even if I don’t particularly enjoy it. I just feel like a POS if I’m not doing something. Granted, I’m still young so that’s a given. But I think I’d still feel that way when I’m in my golden years. I just wouldn’t work full time by any means. I’d probably get a gig economy job delivering packages for Amazon like I did during Covid. I love driving, and have considered quitting my job and going for a CDL to just be a trucker. I think I’d thoroughly enjoy doing that, but wife and kid gotta eat now lol

Reactions: Jackcrevol
You and I are fairly similar. I have to have a job, even if I don’t particularly enjoy it. I just feel like a POS if I’m not doing something. Granted, I’m still young so that’s a given. But I think I’d still feel that way when I’m in my golden years. I just wouldn’t work full time by any means. I’d probably get a gig economy job delivering packages for Amazon like I did during Covid. I love driving, and have considered quitting my job and going for a CDL to just be a trucker. I think I’d thoroughly enjoy doing that, but wife and kid gotta eat now lol
The Amazon thing is enticing. However, they have a horrible rep in how they treat employees.

The driving thing is good idea. Good luck!

What year did you graduate? I went to Beech.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
I grew up in Portland

The Amazon thing is enticing. However, they have a horrible rep in how they treat employees.

The driving thing is good idea. Good luck!
I retired back in November and have enjoyed it so far. Starting to get the itch to do something part time. Local Toyota place advertising they need someone to drive the customer shuttle van. That would be pretty cool I think.

My cousin lived out that way off New Shackle Island and went to Beech. Also knew a couple of guys from college that graduated from there. I grew up in Mt Juliet but wasn’t out y’all’s way too often bc it just took so long to get there cuz of having to go around old hickory lake
Yep. It’s crazy because when you’re on the water you can be on one side of Hendersonville and be in Mt. Juliet in like 5 minutes. Whenever I go home I still get off in Lebanon and take 109 home. Now, when I come back to Chattanooga I might stay on the interstate and go through Nashville just to see downtown in all her glory but when I go home I always take 109 home brother.

near Trenton........

I'm originally from Jackson.
Yes. It’s about 6 miles or so north. The bypass goes around Rutherford and cuts through my wife’s family farm. We live on Mod Halliburton Rd it’s named after her grandfather Mordecai Ute Halliburton.

Reactions: peaygolf

VN Store

Back