Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

59. Was blessed to get out of the corporate rat race early.

My military pension kicks in when I turn 55. I am hoping that between that and my other retirement savings that I will be able to retire soon after and if I do work it will be just something to have a little walking around money in my pocket.

Yep. It’s crazy because when you’re on the water you can be on one side of Hendersonville and be in Mt. Juliet in like 5 minutes. Whenever I go home I still get off in Lebanon and take 109 home. Now, when I come back to Chattanooga I might stay on the interstate and go through Nashville just to see downtown in all her glory but when I go home I always take 109 home brother.
I live in Ringgold, so not too far from ya. :) But yeah I always get on 840 and then exit on 109 to I40 to get back to MJ when I visit the 'rents. MJ has blown up over the past 24 years that I've been gone.

Reactions: F0Rt_V0L
I was born in Humboldt. Got out early and stayed away.
You don't come home for the Strawberry Festival every year.............Shame on you.;)

We used to ride our three-wheelers from "The Timbers" to Humboldt down Old Humboldt Rd to the parade every year. Ahhhhh, the memories.
images

I attended till 2nd grade. Seen one youve seen them all.
A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Amal." The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later Juan sends a picture of himself to his mom. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband she wishes she also had a picture of Amal.

Her husband responds, "But they are twins -- if you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal."

EDIT: Hope Edwin is a Vol:)

You don't come home for the Strawberry Festival every year.............Shame on you.;)

We used to ride our three-wheelers from "The Timbers" to Humboldt down Old Humboldt Rd to the parade every year. Ahhhhh, the memories.
images
You mean down Windy City Road? That's the road that runs straight from the Timbers to Humboldt.

Reactions: peaygolf
Lol going to be a wonderful day today grandchildren came and said quote " poppy were going school clothes shopping today" I said okay and then they said mommy said you had to go and pay for the stuff lol!!! So off to spend about 1000 dollars on school supplies lord the things I do for my babies!!!

Lol going to be a wonderful day today grandchildren came and said quote " poppy were going school clothes shopping today" I said okay and then they said mommy said you had to go and pay for the stuff lol!!! So off to spend about 1000 dollars on school supplies lord the things I do for my babies!!!
AT least you get to dress them like you want to. Go to Rural King.

Tractor Supply Back-to-School Farm Implements and Clothing sale

VN Store

Back