Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

That was actually a very light punishment imo. Could've been much worse.

Agree. We got off very easy. There was a treet posted by a lady in the ncaa that was part of the investigation. She said if we hadn't complied like we did we would have gotten a post season ban. So we are very fortunate.

Agree. We got off very easy. There was a treet posted by a lady in the ncaa that was part of the investigation. She said if we hadn't complied like we did we would have gotten a post season ban. So we are very fortunate.
Thankfully Pruitt got bent over today. That helps with his buyout. We can survive 2 scholarships a year. Don't like it but We are very fortunate to escape the heavy penalties.

Thankfully Pruitt got bent over today. That helps with his buyout. We can survive 2 scholarships a year. Don't like it but We are very fortunate to escape the heavy penalties.
Honestly, in the world of NIL, does a loss of 2 scholarships per year even matter? Make walk-ons of two guys that would have otherwise been scholarship players. Then arrange NIL deals for them in amounts that would cover the loss of the scholarship.

Honestly, in the world of NIL, does a loss of 2 scholarships per year even matter? Make walk-ons of two guys that would have otherwise been scholarship players. Then arrange NIL deals for them in amounts that would cover the loss of the scholarship.
Didn't even think about it that way but in the end I'm completely fine with how it all turned out. Now we don't have to worry about it anymore and other teams can't use it against us.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

And deservedly so! I really didn't expect them to hammer him that bad, but glad they did. We are very fortunate to get out of that mess the way we did. Those type things can ruin schools for years. Now it's finally over and no negative recruiting!

I’m no math major, but I think 28 scholarships over 5 years is 5.6/year, not 2.

VN Store

Back