Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Honestly, in the world of NIL, does a loss of 2 scholarships per year even matter? Make walk-ons of two guys that would have otherwise been scholarship players. Then arrange NIL deals for them in amounts that would cover the loss of the scholarship.

Great point. I didn’t think of that.

Honestly, in the world of NIL, does a loss of 2 scholarships per year even matter? Make walk-ons of two guys that would have otherwise been scholarship players. Then arrange NIL deals for them in amounts that would cover the loss of the scholarship.
How you do it with NIL is to use it for fifth year seniors each year during those 5 years. Particularly the ones that aren't starters but still on scholarship. I think that is the easiest solution. If they don't like the idea and transfer, you still free up a scholarship. There's always at least 2 or 3 of those guys every year. You also offer them a NIL deal that compensates them nicely above what the value of the scholarship is. Enough to pay for an apartment, car note, insurance, gas, and groceries every month. That sounds like a sweet deal for VFLs that have put in the work, but are basically depth pieces.

If you put into context the amount of scholarships it’s a heavy punishment BUT Tennessee had already self imposed several scholarships.
I expected the NCAA to bring the hammer down on us given the severity of the offenses. I thought it'd be much more on scholarships and a post season ban with hefty fines as well. The university has done an excellent job of handling it and I'm happy it's finally over.

Please help.
I've been looking at this for days now.

I can't figure it out😞
puz135.gif

VN Store

Back