Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

The Devil In The White City. Really good book.

Great book. My wife lived in Chicago when it was released. She said almost everyone on the bus or subway was reading it. It’s really crazy that most Americans don’t know who he is even though he killed so many young women. I have stood at the spot of the Murder Castle. Brings you Chills.

Great book. My wife lived in Chicago when it was released. She said almost everyone on the bus or subway was reading it. It’s really crazy that most Americans don’t know who he is even though he killed so many young women. I have stood at the spot of the Murder Castle. Brings you Chills.
Thing is, the story about the world's fair itself, the building of it, is just as interesting of a story.

Thing is, the story about the world's fair itself, the building of it, is just as interesting of a story.

We went to Daniel Burnham and John Roots gravesite in Graceland Cemetery who were the main architects of the Worlds Fair. It’s just north of Wrigley Field. And Elvis is not buried there

Reactions: SugarCC
Just watched this Doc on HBO

American Pain (2022) ⭐ 7.3 | Documentary, History, Sport

DEA estimates these two brothers killed 3,000 people. Chris George served 10 years, and was released to his hooker girlfriend. Still doesnt believe he was in wrong citing he 'didnt make people take the (oxycodone) pills'.
Just read “Empire of Pain” about the Sackler family and they legitimately do not have souls. Pharmaceutical advertising should be made illegal ASAP.

These people were joking about it. Truly despicable.

Is that book about the brothers that opened the pain clinic in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale or West Palm....can't remember)?

Those scumbags definitely amped up the opioid epidemic....along with irresponsible drug manufacturers and the sales reps they either lied to or incentivized to lie themselves.

Just watched this Doc on HBO

American Pain (2022) ⭐ 7.3 | Documentary, History, Sport

DEA estimates these two brothers killed 3,000 people. Chris George served 10 years, and was released to his hooker girlfriend. Still doesnt believe he was in wrong citing he 'didnt make people take the (oxycodone) pills'.

Chris and Jeff George: Where Are the Drug Kingpins Now?

If you were around 18 in 1998. . . from '98 to about 2014 I think, you're lucky to be alive. Wasn't even younger people either. It was every type of person getting hooked, teachers, housewives, lawyers, doctors, nurses, cops etc. Ruined a lot of lives, some are still ruined and a lot are dead.

You'd probably like that show with Michael Keaton. . . Dopesick I think it's called.

Chris and Jeff George: Where Are the Drug Kingpins Now?

If you were around 18 in 1998. . . from '98 to about 2014 I think, you're lucky to be alive. Wasn't even younger people either. It was every type of person getting hooked, teachers, housewives, lawyers, doctors, nurses, cops etc. Ruined a lot of lives, some are still ruined and a lot are dead.

You'd probably like that show with Michael Keaton. . . Dopesick I think it's called.
My next door neighbors both recently died from it.

Makes me sick to hear that mfer say its their faults.

He had plans to open pain clinics in 5 additional US cities.

My next door neighbors both recently died from it.

Makes me sick to hear that mfer say its their faults.

He had plans to open pain clinics in 5 additional US cities.
If they would take the way it's prescribed my mouth and not snort or shove them up their ass this wouldn't happen.By all means not defending the doctor these pain clinics are handing out oxycodone left and right but a lot of people take it for the wrong reasons. If it's for chronic pain the meds are great but if they are abused to get high then the patient has to be held accountable in some way. But I agree with you the doctors is responsible as much as the individuals...

Last edited:
If they would take the way it's prescribed my mouth and not snort or shove them up their ass this wouldn't happen.
Victim blaming is abhorrent.

But when you knowingly push a product, meanwhile laugh at fact that your product cause someone to be hit by a train killing 3 people. You are an evil, evil human.

I dont know what or how else to say it. If you knowingly cause or intend, or are negligent in causing a death of a human being. You are committing homicide, on some scale. And in fact...

George pleads guilty to second-degree murder in exchange for cooperation

Authorities are now charging Fentanyl dealers with murder.

Sorry could have worded it better but I had some employees a few years ago that abused the pain pills and wouldn't a thing we could do as long as they had a prescription from doctor it bothers me to the day how they would do this to themselves.. once again I apologize...

VN Store

Back