Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Travis long ago started pandering to a political base for clicks. He got filthy rich off of it, but he's no longer the authentic, unique personality he was when he was on sports radio in Nashville.
Guess opinions are subject to change depending on which direction they pander. Once upon a different millennium, I gave a crap what Keith Olbermann said.

Travis long ago started pandering to a political base for clicks. He got filthy rich off of it, but he's no longer the authentic, unique personality he was when he was on sports radio in Nashville.
The hilarious part is watching it from outside. He literally began his "angry fratboy" demographic by ranting against politics in sports...and now that's every one of his posts. He hardly even talks sports any longer.

Yet I don't think he really believes much of it. Just found a gullible base to rile up over. And over. And over. Like Glen Beck 2.0 who famously said after his show that it was all for entertainment...after a decade of riling up conspiracy theorists 😒

It’s truth on this one tho.
Disagree. Did you not see the video on saints linebacker? Dude straight up preached and it’s gotten plenty of traction (was quite heartwarming actually).

Personally, I think athletes should leave religion and politics out of the podium material. That said, if I had a platform I can’t say I wouldn’t take advantage of it to speak on whatever I’m passionate about. Is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoilVol
Disagree. Did you not see the video on saints linebacker? Dude straight up preached and it’s gotten plenty of traction.

Personally, I think athletes should leave religion and politics out of the podium material. That said, if I had a platform I can’t say I wouldn’t take advantage of it to speak on whatever I’m passionate about. Is what it is.
I didn’t…so I’m sticking with it.

I don’t want sermons or sanctimony, but audible groans and noticeable eye rolls at the mere mention should be shamed imo.

The hilarious part is watching it from outside. He literally began his "angry fratboy" demographic by ranting against politics in sports...and now that's every one of his posts. He hardly even talks sports any longer.

Yet I don't think he really believes much of it. Just found a gullible base to rile up over. And over. And over. Like Glen Beck 2.0 who famously said after his show that it was all for entertainment...after a decade of riling up conspiracy theorists 😒
Exactly. I'm sure there's a grain of authenticity in it, but he definitely does it strictly to pander and generate buzz.

Reactions: Devo182

There are plenty of gullible, mouth breathing idiots on the other side too. Armies of them being led around by the nose.

Careful up there on that horse.

Driving through North Carolina today I found his radio show on a station. It wasn't sports radio. It was a political talkshow and very Glen Beck-ish. Just cherry picked stories around the country of criminals doing criminal things then making comments about how that's the future the democrats want.

Dude knows what he's doing. He saw the reaction and growth he got when he said he liked boobs live on CNN, and he saw the attention it got when he talked about politics in sports (an insane irony), and he noticed the void left by Glen Beck that someone needed to fill I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't believe a word of what he even talks about. He might just write a script with some key words and/or get Chat GPT/Sally to write up segments lol.

He was actually a decent sports talk figure. I could see him in a Josh Pate or even Pat McAfee role with a show but the dude is chasing clicks. Got to respect the game I guess.

Driving through North Carolina today I found his radio show on a station. It wasn't sports radio. It was a political talkshow and very Glen Beck-ish. Just cherry picked stories around the country of criminals doing criminal things then making comments about how that's the future the democrats want.

Dude knows what he's doing. He saw the reaction and growth he got when he said he liked boobs live on CNN, and he saw the attention it got when he talked about politics in sports (an insane irony), and he noticed the void left by Glen Beck that someone needed to fill I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't believe a word of what he even talks about. He might just write a script with some key words and/or get Chat GPT/Sally to write up segments lol.

He was actually a decent sports talk figure. I could see him in a Josh Pate or even Pat McAfee role with a show but the dude is chasing clicks. Got to respect the game I guess.
He traded up for a bigger gig. And he’s making even more money now. America.

It’s 100% a political talk show he does now with another guy.
He’s in Rush Limbaugh’s old slot for crying out loud. 😂

There are plenty of gullible, mouth breathing idiots on the other side too. Armies of them being led around by the nose.

Careful up there on that horse.
He's on no higher a horse than you are. Meaning, none. Pointing out there's an extremely gullible and gluttonous mass on either side of the political breakfast table that gobbles the pancakes of partisan doctrine slathered in the syrup of antagonistic hatred for the opposite seat doesn't put anyone on a horse. It's just factual.

Besides, who brings their horse to breakfast? That would be weird.

Anywho, the chef is making all the pancakes just the same, the servers change aprons to appear different, the customer's are overpaying, and the house is rolling in cash.

Reactions: volinokc
He traded up for a bigger gig. And he’s making even more money now. America.

It’s 100% a political talk show he does now with another guy.
He’s in Rush Limbaugh’s old slot for crying out loud. 😂
The national media feeds people garbage every day. Media is predominantly far left even more left than many democrats and most independents. People lap it up there too.

He's on no higher a horse than you are. Meaning, none. Pointing out there's an extremely gullible and gluttonous mass on either side of the political breakfast table that gobbles the pancakes of partisan doctrine slathered in the syrup of antagonistic hatred for the opposite seat doesn't put anyone on a horse. It's just factual.

Besides, who brings their horse to breakfast? That would be weird.

Anywho, the chef is making all the pancakes just the same, the servers change aprons to appear different, the customer's are overpaying, and the house is rolling in cash.
It should be easy to call out both sides then. Mysteriously absent in some efforts on here.

VN Store

Back