‘23 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pregame/Game Thread

1000% thi
i just dont understand the thought process of not getting the ball in our best players hands. Jaylen Wright turns small defensive mistakes into House calls.
9 touches is crazy for someone who broke a 75 yarder on the first play from scrimmage.
we dont throw screens to him, we dont iso him on Linebackers and get him the ball in space.
thats very confusing.
i have a feeling in 5 years, hes going to be having a nice NFL career, and everyone's gnna be like, why the **** didnt he get the ball like this in college

1000% this.

Why do we just not feee the hot hand and dial up plays to iso or feature them.

The commitment to be fair and rotate all 3 backs is frustrating.

1000% thi

1000% this.

Have you not seen how many times wright taps out during a game. Wright had more carries than the other backs combined. Can’t say we have a hot hand at rb these last games

The recruits that were at this game could be salivating over possible playing time next season.
We didn't play younger "studs" over less talented not experienced players this year...... You think that is a selling point?

If anything it would be an impediment wouldn't it?

We didn't play younger "studs" over less talented not experienced players this year...... You think that is a selling point?

If anything it would be an impediment wouldn't it?

It could be an impediment to some recruits and some recruits might enjoy a challenge.

i just dont understand the thought process of not getting the ball in our best players hands. Jaylen Wright turns small defensive mistakes into House calls.
9 touches is crazy for someone who broke a 75 yarder on the first play from scrimmage.
we dont throw screens to him, we dont iso him on Linebackers and get him the ball in space.
thats very confusing.
i have a feeling in 5 years, hes going to be having a nice NFL career, and everyone's gnna be like, why the **** didnt he get the ball like this in college
This scenario sounds strangely similar to another Rb that was at TN a few years back..

thats very confusing.
RB’s that play a lot in college flame out in the NFL very fast. Jalen himself might want his plays managed that way Because he knows that.

Have you not seen how many times wright taps out during a game. Wright had more carries than the other backs combined. Can’t say we have a hot hand at rb these last games
I have. Small he done the same thing. Not sure if it is injuries or are we not in shape? I’m starting to be a little concerned about our strength and conditioning when you consider all the injuries we have had this year. Reminds me of 2016 when we had tons of injuries, and somewhat overcame them early, but they really bit us in the butt late. Hope we don’t see a repeat next week of what happened that year against Vandy.

Reactions: Vols4us
I have. Small he done the same thing. Not sure if it is injuries or are we not in shape? I’m starting to be a little concerned about our strength and conditioning when you consider all the injuries we have had this year. Reminds me of 2016 when we had tons of injuries, and somewhat overcame them early, but they really bit us in the butt late. Hope we don’t see a repeat next week of what happened that year against Vandy.
Agreed. We’ve had a ton of injuries these last two years.

1000% thi

1000% this.

Yup.

The teams that are beating us do not use three RBs unless one gets hurt.

The teams that are beating us had better QB play in those games and as it turns out, for the season.

The receiver play was spotty with Bru out until the season progressed. Heup never figured out to use guys until later. Thornton was a slot when he could not play slot. He is a wideout, he finally moved him, he becomes productive, then gets hurt. Warren is a good TE he rarely targets. He refuses to use Wright and Sampson in the passing game consistently or with screening action, etc.

We totally failed - complete failure - to play offense well in at least one half of all four games we lost. We also failed for at least a half in a couple of games we won. The year before we won all but two games by playing offense very well and in one of our losses we still scored a lot of points.

The common denominator is QB play, player selection and play calling. Golesh left and the playbook had to be dumbed down for a mediocre at best QB. Which is frustrating when a clearly talented freshman is standing on the sidelines watching.

100% of this season's results are on the O and Heup. The D is marginally better than last season. They are just on the field way too long because of the O's inconsistency.

^^^ 100%.

For reference - Titans.

Win the remaining games and

get the dub in bowl game please.

Positive momentum around some success will be key.

Keep recruiting success at a high level and see what happens.

Reactions: csprig9
He taps out because because he’ll break a 20 yard run, we’ll run hurry up and hand him the ball 4 more times in a row. That’s tough on any player but especially a RB, those are typically the only times he taps out

He taps out because because he’ll break a 20 yard run, we’ll run hurry up and hand him the ball 4 more times in a row. That’s tough on any player but especially a RB, those are typically the only times he taps out
the tap out isnt valid, becaue he literally doesnt see the field for the next two offensive series. THATS MADNESS!
the coaches did the team a disservice by trying to feed too many RBs.

the tap out isnt valid, becaue he literally sits out like the next two offensive series. THATS MADNESS!
the coaches did the team a disservice by trying to feed too many RBs.
Wanting a break because you got 4 and even 5 touches in a 60 second span is valid

Reactions: I4Jay
o no, im agreeing with you.
Im disagreeing with anyone saying he doesntget 20+ touches because he asks out for a play or two.
that is the invalid part
Oh yea 100%. It doesn’t make any sense, never seen a RB rotation like the one Huep has. Or how the run game will be hot and he’ll pass 6 straight time

VN Store

Back