Rep Massie posts gun photo

My son is working toward a black belt in karate. Despite what most people on here seem to think, there are other methods of self-defense than a gun.

1. Karate is a joke.

2. The average female karate (not BJJ or Muay thai, but karate) black belt vs the average man in the street is going to get raped.

If you ever have a daughter and want her to be able to defend herself despite her father’s issues with guns, I’d seriously recommend you avoid karate and find a good BJJ gym near you

We do make fun of those who are ignorant of law and afraid of inanimate objects based on irrational feelings. The good thing is that your emotional opinions don’t ever matter and won’t ever change anything

I like to imagine some fake ninja guy is teaching his kid ishinro (probably misspelled that) and how to break boards

We do make fun of those who are ignorant of law and afraid of inanimate objects based on irrational feelings. The good thing is that your emotional opinions don’t ever matter and won’t ever change anything
Same back at you, buddy. As much as your party hates minorities and a woman's right to choose, you aren't changing anything either.

Well I used to think he was serious until he spouted about Carter being the best president and was a genius lol. Then I just don’t know.
I never said he was the best president; even though he should have been, but that's another debate.
He was certainly one of the smartest.

1. Karate is a joke.

2. The average female karate (not BJJ or Muay thai, but karate) black belt vs the average man in the street is going to get raped.

If you ever have a daughter and want her to be able to defend herself despite her father’s issues with guns, I’d seriously recommend you avoid karate and find a good BJJ gym near you
Negative.
Take her to judo first.
Judo is the best self defense art. Throw their ass on the ground and run away.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
1. Karate is a joke.

Karate is not a joke at all. It teaches mental and physical discipline and is great for kids (and adults).
I have daughter too and I am as protective as any parent, but I don't think carrying a gun is the only way to protect yourself.

I don’t disagree Judo is effective but BJJ is simply a judo derivative
Correct but BJJ (I have a black belt) puts you in a bad situation as you must engage the attacker. I recommend it as a secondary art but judo gets you out of the situation quickly.

Reactions: Vol8188
Karate is not a joke at all. It teaches mental and physical discipline and is great for kids (and adults).
I have daughter too and I am as protective as any parent, but I don't think carrying a gun is the only way to protect yourself.
It’s just the most effective

The entire topic was self defense. You then mentioned karate for self defense. Then when proclaiming its not a joke, you mentioned nothing about karate in terms of its ability to teach self defense. Only discipline. If your daughter is attacked, I hope the girl knows more than discipline

I’ve never proclaimed it’s the only way. But I accept the basic biological fact that women lack the quickness and upper body strength required to effectively defeat an average man in an encounter. Therefore as a realist, my daughters will learn to shoot as well as to fight.

Correct but BJJ (I have a black belt) puts you in a bad situation as you must engage the attacker. I recommend it as a secondary art but judo gets you out of the situation quickly.

That’s a fair assessment. Wasn’t attempting to discredit judo. It is 100% one of the few martial arts that is real and effective

Reactions: Orangeslice13
The entire topic was self defense. You then mentioned karate for self defense. Then when proclaiming its not a joke, you mentioned nothing about karate in terms of its ability to teach self defense. Only discipline. If your daughter is attacked, I hope the girl knows more than discipline

I’ve never proclaimed it’s the only way. But I accept the basic biological fact that women lack the quickness and upper body strength required to effectively defeat an average man in an encounter. Therefore as a realist, my daughters will learn to shoot as well as to fight.
I hope they never miss and hit an innocent bystander while "defending" themselves.

I'd say it's the least effective because it too often results in death when much less drastic options are usually available.
Actually it doesn’t.
In most cases a gun pulled in self defense isn’t fired. The presence of the gun stops the attack. Setting up in a karate back stance doesn’t have the same effect.
You can choose to risk your life with your fists if you want. It’s stupid but it’s your choice. I’ll stick with staying alive.

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back