Rep Massie posts gun photo

Girlfriend has a 380 in a Lululemon fanny pack she carries while running. Are you opposed to that?

Given European’s experience more violent crime and rape than Americans, do you oppose her right to be armed?
Nope, think it's silly and sad, but as long as she's doing it lawfully, then go for it. I will NEVER carry a gun while I run.

Nope, think it's silly and sad, but as long as she's doing it lawfully, then go for it. I will NEVER carry a gun while I run.

If attacked while running, what’s the plan? It seems like we should both agree easily that a woman who’s been jogging is extremely vulnerable. If I were to be in a physical confrontation, I’d much prefer to be fresh coming into it.

If attacked while running, what’s the plan? It seems like we should both agree easily that a woman who’s been jogging is extremely vulnerable. If I were to be in a physical confrontation, I’d much prefer to be fresh coming into it.

I am all for the 2A but no a woman isn't extremely vulnerable. That's bull shat. Millions women jog everyday.

I've run thousands of times in my life, including in large cities, and never been attacked. However, I do understand your point about a woman possibly being more vulnerable. Again, if she's carrying lawfully, then go for it, although there are other options.

I am all for the 2A but no a woman isn't extremely vulnerable. That's bull shat. Millions women jog everyday.

This is simple. Would you prefer to fight someone after running a mile or without running a mile? The answer is easy. Combine that with limited upper body strength and slower reaction times and you end up with “extremely vulnerable”

L

I think you are conflating definitions. Vulnerability need not be probability of attack assessment. Think of it more as if one were in the wrong place at the wrong time what are your defense capabilities? The risks are real

Arkansas woman killed while running: What women should know to stay safe on outdoor runs

so just just reducing the whole thing to a "women run all the time without trouble" POV doesn't really address "vulnerability" in the way I think 8188 intended.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
L

I think you are conflating definitions. Vulnerability need not be probability of attack assessment. Think of it more as if one were in the wrong place at the wrong time what are your defense capabilities? The risks are real

Arkansas woman killed while running: What women should know to stay safe on outdoor runs

so just just reducing the whole thing to a "women run all the time without trouble" POV doesn't really address "vulnerability" in the way I think 8188 intended.
A woman was killed in downtown chattanooga while jogging a couple years back. It was in one of the safest areas in the city on a path she’d run hundreds of times. Just because you’ve never had a problem doesn’t mean you never will.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
A woman was killed in downtown chattanooga while jogging a couple years back. It was in one of the safest areas in the city on a path she’d run hundreds of times. Just because you’ve never had a problem doesn’t mean you never will.

I'm not certain if this mindset is best described by Normalcy Bias or Optimism Bias but in any case it's pretty common.

Note the extreme other mindset would make one truly paranoid or even agoraphobic. Acknowledging risks and making decisions on how to address them (individual and situational variables apply) is the best thought process.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back