Reparations, income handouts, guaranteed jobs: Dems tilt hard left

I haven't heard much about this plan, but at first blush it sounds like putting people to work who would otherwise be getting welfare.

Good thing, no? I have always been for workfare and I thought most conservatives were as well.

The stupidity of the average republican on display here.

One that caught my eye "felons are people too" If you are speaking of voting rights, give me one rational connection between the permanent loss of voting rights and a felony conviction. Why should they be prohibited from voting?

Everything I typed has come from the mouths of libtard talking heads whether they are politicians or the celebrity gods the left worships.

And the felon remark..aren't you a lawyer? When you commit a crime that is of a felonious nature and are convicted you have forfeited many rights that law abiding citizens are entitled to. Law. Abiding. You're a lawyer right? Why the f### do I have to spell this out to you? Dishonorable discharges from the military carry the same weight as a felony I believe. I'm sure one of our left wing military "vets" on here can provide a more vivid picture of a dishonorable discharge and the problems that come with one...as I am sure one of our left wing viewers can give some insight on what a felony does to a person..from personal experience or a family member..

If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

I would support a jobs retraining program that helps those who want employment train in areas of need kind get the training they require to start out. Kind of like a vocational rehab program.

However, just setting up yet another government agency that just adds more bureaucracy into the mix and does little more than help "muh feels" isn't going to work.

Skilled trades are DYING for new blood. And there are already lots of options for adult ed already available. If more money is not appealing to you, are you really going to sign up to be “retrained”?

Skilled trades are DYING for new blood. And there are already lots of options for adult ed already available. If more money is not appealing to you, are you really going to sign up to be “retrained”?

I read somewhere yesterday that 20% of new jobs are for college grads. Kids need to go to trade schools. You can make a solid living by doing that. If I were a young person I would go back and try med school or dental school. Specialties are always in need

I read somewhere yesterday that 20% of new jobs are for college grads. Kids need to go to trade schools. You can make a solid living by doing that. If I were a young person I would go back and try med school or dental school. Specialties are always in need

Pay attention to who’s running the heavy equipment on a new development. Who’s getting out of the cab at truck stops. Who’s running the crews on construction sites. It’s a TON of old guys. The money is good and they are in high demand. You do not see a lot of younger guys. The guys I’ve had come out for plumbing, roofing, and HVAC were about old enough to be my dad. I had a guy do some masonry and he was older than my dad. There is good money to be made in a trade with little to no college required.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Pay attention to who’s running the heavy equipment on a new development. Who’s getting out of the cab at truck stops. Who’s running the crews on construction sites. It’s a TON of old guys. The money is good and they are in high demand. You do not see a lot of younger guys. The guys I’ve had come out for plumbing, roofing, and HVAC were about old enough to be my dad. I had a guy do some masonry and he was older than my dad. There is good money to be made in a trade with little to no college required.

Lots of kids are taught that college is the only way nowadays that you can have a good paying career. When I was 18 I didn’t even know what my trade school even offered, or what the pay/potential was.

I've started seeing that change some. I've had a couple of electrical projects and had a guy come out that's easily still in his twenties. Sharp as a tack and ran a good crew. The plumber I use is my age or a little older, but his son has joined him in the biz and was a real sharp, polite guy too. Hopefully it's starting to catch on. Our one size fits all/get em ready for college education system needs a big change.

I've started seeing that change some. I've had a couple of electrical projects and had a guy come out that's easily still in his twenties. Sharp as a tack and ran a good crew. The plumber I use is my age or a little older, but his son has joined him in the biz and was a real sharp, polite guy too. Hopefully it's starting to catch on. Our one size fits all/get em ready for college education system needs a big change.

I’d like to see about 10-15% reductions in colleges in the first damn place. I’ll admit I’m speculating but it just appears to me we’ve got a supply/demand problem for college ready and capable kids as compared to available freshman empty seats. And I don’t mean top tier highly respected schools. Those are always harder to get into. Well unless Dad writes the right check amount anyway. And frankly that’s ok on my book too.

Reactions: 1 person
Everything I typed has come from the mouths of libtard talking heads whether they are politicians or the celebrity gods the left worships.

And the felon remark..aren't you a lawyer? When you commit a crime that is of a felonious nature and are convicted you have forfeited many rights that law abiding citizens are entitled to. Law. Abiding. You're a lawyer right? Why the f### do I have to spell this out to you? Dishonorable discharges from the military carry the same weight as a felony I believe. I'm sure one of our left wing military "vets" on here can provide a more vivid picture of a dishonorable discharge and the problems that come with one...as I am sure one of our left wing viewers can give some insight on what a felony does to a person..from personal experience or a family member..

If you can't do the time don't do the crime.

You didn't even attempt to answer the question.

When a person is released from custody and other controls then they are said to have "paid the price" and they are completely reintegrated into society except that we don't let them participate.

I will repeat my request of you...

If you are speaking of voting rights, give me one rational connection between the permanent loss of voting rights and a felony conviction. Why should they be prohibited from voting?

As for the first sentence of your response... It is a flat out f#cking lie.

Reactions: 2 people
And I’m just throwing in my 2 cents?

Okay, thought you were arguing a point to the contrary.

The problem, by and large, is one I keep mentioning. American kids are conditioned to think "must have college degree!" and that tech work is "beneath" them.

Not helping that Bernie wants to make "college education free for all!" and turn it into the next level of high school.

I’d like to see about 10-15% reductions in colleges in the first damn place. I’ll admit I’m speculating but it just appears to me we’ve got a supply/demand problem for college ready and capable kids as compared to available freshman empty seats. And I don’t mean top tier highly respected schools. Those are always harder to get into. Well unless Dad writes the right check amount anyway. And frankly that’s ok on my book too.

Colleges like making money, and it doesn't really matter to them if you finish your degree or can even get a job afterwards, let alone pay off your loans. I agree that too many go to college that have no business being there. It's simply not for everyone. You can make a good living with a trade school or technical school degree. Such training has been deemphasized for whatever reason.

Okay, thought you were arguing a point to the contrary.

The problem, by and large, is one I keep mentioning. American kids are conditioned to think "must have college degree!" and that tech work is "beneath" them.

Not helping that Bernie wants to make "college education free for all!" and turn it into the next level of high school.

Agree on all points. I’d like to see trade schools subsidized to try and incentivize kids to move into these jobs that will soon have massive shortages.

Such training has been deemphasized for whatever reason.

Manual labor? Pshaw! Who needs that when I can graduate college and get a nice cushy job making six figures sitting behind a desk?!

Wait...what do you mean my Bachelor of Arts in Southeast Asian Literature won't get me a job...

On the manual labor/trade school thing:

Read an article today about taking analog clocks out of schools in England because kids can't tell time with them. The same article indicated they're also having trouble using pens and pencils with speculation that where play used to be more focused on physical activity the move to digital play has thwarted hand muscle development and the control one needs to manipulate pens/pencils.

Schools are removing analogue clocks from exam halls as teenagers 'cannot tell the time'

Read an article today about taking analog clocks out of schools in England because kids can't tell time with them. The same article indicated they're also having trouble using pens and pencils with speculation that where play used to be more focused on physical activity the move to digital play has thwarted hand muscle development and the control one needs to manipulate pens/pencils.

Schools are removing analogue clocks from exam halls as teenagers 'cannot tell the time'

Hell, in this country most public schools don't teach cursive anymore. We'll eventually have a generation that won't be able to read/write cursive and won't even be able to sign their names.

Well. These are the same limey dumbasses that just outlawed chefs knives broken bottles, and screw drivers in public. Looks like they’re doubling down paying it forward to their next generation.

Lots of kids are taught that college is the only way nowadays that you can have a good paying career. When I was 18 I didn’t even know what my trade school even offered, or what the pay/potential was.

Yep. There are a ton of kids in college that have no business being there. The ones that don't go to college do server/bartending jobs I guess. Very few young people in construction, manual labor-type jobs. They probably think those are purely a relic of the past and you're only supposed to sit behind a computer at a desk now.

Hell, in this country most public schools don't teach cursive anymore. We'll eventually have a generation that won't be able to read/write cursive and won't even be able to sign their names.

teaching cursive is archaic IMO. This isn't 1854, most writing is done with technology, aka typing. Not being literate in cursive has nothing to do with signing a name. Hell I know cursive and I can't read most people's signatures.

VN Store

Back