Republican senators who walked out of Oregon Legislature can’t seek reelection, state Supreme Court rules

McRib had friends who did that in Louisiana. They would helicopter out to the offshore platform on a 2 on 2 off rotating schedule. Hard on the body, marriages, and families but the money is amazing. One of her friend's husbands did that. It was either offshore or work in nurseries. Offshore was easier with better pay.
I looked at doing that in my younger years. The rigs are different than the platform operations in Canada though. Those rigs are huge. I found that you almost had to know someone to get on and I didn't know anyone. I was living near Chorpus Christi for a little while at the time.

Reactions: McDad
just like the people in DC should just move too?

I don't like the lack of representation of the center-left on the Supreme Court. Shall I file a resolution with my local city commission to carve us out of their jurisdiction?

I don't like the lack of representation of the center-left on the Supreme Court. Shall I file a resolution with my local city commission to carve us out of their jurisdiction?
SC isn't an elected position. at least the US SC, not sure about all states. they aren't representing anything but the Constitution.

I've been through and I don't think I saw any people at all. Seemed like plenty of room for these folks to move out there if they wanted..
There are Lots of little towns with populations of a few hundred. Heck, people were riding around in horse & buggies.

There are Lots of little towns with populations of a few hundred. Heck, people were riding around in horse & buggies.
going to be real awkward and probably painful for those Oregonians who are going to have to start pumping their own gas and trying to figure out how to fill up a horse to get home.

Reactions: McDad and PEPPERJAX
going to be real awkward and probably painful for those Oregonians who are going to have to start pumping their own gas and trying to figure out how to fill up a horse to get home.
I almost hit one years back in this little town outside of Idaho Falls. Definitely wasn't expecting that.

You ABSOLUTELY should.

Please keep us posted.

By the way, you should stop voting for supreme court justices, too...since they don't represent your views.

Reactions: Vol since 77
SC isn't an elected position. at least the US SC, not sure about all states. they aren't representing anything but the Constitution.

I don't like the GOP having a majority in the House of Representatives. Let my street here in Winter Springs, Florida, withdraw from the United States, please. We will become part of The Duchy of Grand Fenwick.

I don't like the GOP having a majority in the House of Representatives. Let my street here in Winter Springs, Florida, withdraw from the United States, please. We will become part of The Duchy of Grand Fenwick.

they are leaving the US?

you need to join up with another contiguous state to have an argument. if you were making that case I would welcome your arguments as much as theirs.

they are leaving the US?

you need to join up with another contiguous state to have an argument. if you were making that case I would welcome your arguments as much as theirs.

Why does there have to be a "contiguous state" to justify this? According to these Oregon numbskulls and their defenders here, they can vote as residents to redefine the contours of a state because they don't like what the State Legislature is doing of late. I daresay 80% of the country has problems with a lot of what their elected state officials are doing. Doesn't give these idiots the right to carve up their state into fiefdoms of who agrees with them politically and who doesn't.

Why does there have to be a "contiguous state" to justify this? According to these Oregon numbskulls and their defenders here, they can vote as residents to redefine the contours of a state because they don't like what the State Legislature is doing of late. I daresay 80% of the country has problems with a lot of what their elected state officials are doing. Doesn't give these idiots the right to carve up their state into fiefdoms of who agrees with them politically and who doesn't.
Seceding from one state to join another existing state is "carving up into fifedoms"?

They just want to take their ball and go home, LG. Surely, you of all people can understand that.

it needs to be contiguous and real if you want to make a real comparison.

state borders have changed multiple times.

The Chattanooga part of Tennessee should be part of Georgia. The Ohio Michigan War over Toledo(?). West Virginia is this exact situation, locals getting their own state because they didn't like what the rest of the state was doing. Apparently Kentucky and Maine were also formed from other states, Vermont bought its way out of NY. as recently as 1990 Georgia took some islands from South Carolina.

it needs to be contiguous and real if you want to make a real comparison.

state borders have changed multiple times.

The Chattanooga part of Tennessee should be part of Georgia. The Ohio Michigan War over Toledo(?). West Virginia is this exact situation, locals getting their own state because they didn't like what the rest of the state was doing. Apparently Kentucky and Maine were also formed from other states, Vermont bought its way out of NY. as recently as 1990 Georgia took some islands from South Carolina.
Fiefdoms! The whole lot of them!

~ LG

Reactions: 85SugarVol

VN Store

Back