Rex Ryan: "Zach Rogers Really Stood Out"

Dooley did a lot of the behind the scenes work that we are able to take advantage of now. He reorganized and set the ground work. He also brought in some world class athletes. When he broke his hip, you guys ran him off like a limp coonhound. He did a lot for Tennessee and continually bashing him is childish to say the least. That said...I was a very happy man when Butch chose us over Colorado. I'm an Ohio guy and a Butch guy all the way.

I am not bashing him but to claim he did alot for our program is nonsense. He did the best he could I assume. His best was just terrible. I blame the admin and Mike Hamilton for putting someone so obviously unqualified more then I blame him. With that being said, comments like he "laid the ground work" etc. is bs.

I think Zach will make the team and play on Sundays.

In August 2011, Gerald Jones was playing real well for the Philadelphia Eagles in pre season games. He played well on special teams and as a wide receiver. In fact, the last pre season game, they were losing the game by a slim margin and Jones caught a pass in the end zone to give the Eagles the win.

The next day, he was cut. He did not make the final cut.
So, by Zack playing well in practice may not equate to making the roster.....

I don't see it happening with the Jets because they aren't smart enough to use him the proper way. That team is an abortion waiting to happen.

Thx, and btw tell your mom happy Mother's Day too. I didn't get a chance. I was in a rush this morning when I left the house.

I didn't know Barbara was a lesbo, I guess I should've known seeing that Derek couldn't go all four quarters like his daddy Vince.

There is more too it, Rex Ryan has a major foot fetish. Theres story from 2yrs back about him and his wife on a fetish website. :good!:
Eewwww...

Anyway, :good!: to White Lightning for keeping alive the Walter Mitty in all of us. It's always good to see plain old work ethic paying off in these interesting times.

I think the will of Zach Rogers prevailed him to be where he is. With or without Dooley he would be where he's at because of himself

Can we transplant this one to the myriad of Tyler Bray excuse parade threads? It is directly to the point and cuts out the middle man.

Hope he has a great career... Ill be the first to admit I was hard on him after his first few years here but he really stepped up last year... If the rest of the guys would of improved as much as he did last year we would of had a great year

ZR & Arian Foster are why I keep my day job. After his junior season, I thought this guy coudn't catch a cold. Would have bet my house and dog that ZR would not even had an invite to a camp. Then his SR year where the guy had hands of velcro (remember that insane catch v UF?) and Rex Ryan saying "his ability to catch the ball". I know nothing.

Good luck Zach. Great representative for UT. Hope you make it big.

ZR & Arian Foster are why I keep my day job. After his junior season, I thought this guy coudn't catch a cold. Would have bet my house and dog that ZR would not even had an invite to a camp. Then his SR year where the guy had hands of velcro (remember that insane catch v UF?) and Rex Ryan saying "his ability to catch the ball". I know nothing.

Good luck Zach. Great representative for UT. Hope you make it big.

I actually don't. Is there a video somewhere?

I am not bashing him but to claim he did alot for our program is nonsense. He did the best he could I assume. His best was just terrible. I blame the admin and Mike Hamilton for putting someone so obviously unqualified more then I blame him. With that being said, comments like he "laid the ground work" etc. is bs.

If you don't think dooley did some amazing stuff for us off the field then you are really just hating him as a person and not what he was good at. Paperwork, legalese, and keeping players clean as best he could. It's like people don't realize had Wilcox not left or had he not hired sunseri (which we all loved at the beginning) then we would still be looking at him as our head coach, if not for years to come.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not a fan of the Jets and it sure has been a circus up there for the last year or two, but I do hope Rogers does well. He was one of my favorite vols last year and he is a dependable receiver. I hope he has a long career in the NFL and gives the VOLS a shoutout.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Rogers can do pretty well during the preseason and make the Jets' roster but unfortunately I think it'll depend on the QBs there. If he can get some opportunities to catch a few each game, he'll be just fine.

If you don't think dooley did some amazing stuff for us off the field then you are really just hating him as a person and not what he was good at. Paperwork, legalese, and keeping players clean as best he could. It's like people don't realize had Wilcox not left or had he not hired sunseri (which we all loved at the beginning) then we would still be looking at him as our head coach, if not for years to come.
I have said this before on VN. If Hunter had not gone down at the start of the 2011 Florida game, we might have won that game, and it may have been a springboard to an 8 or 9 win season. Also, Bray getting his thumb broken later that year was big.

Just look at the Cincinnati game in 2011. It was the ONLY game that Dooley had all of his players healthy, and the previous Wilcox defensive staff. Tennessee was a pretty good football team that day. If we had won 8 or 9 games in 2011, maybe the defensive staff would have stayed( I am certainly not sure of that). If that staff had stayed, then 2012 might have been a 9-10 win season. Dooley was a lot closer than some realize. The change on the defensive side was his downfall.

I am not wishing for Dooley to come back, but I really think that he hardly ever had a full deck to deal from. He tried to emulate Saban without Saban's roster.

I have said this before on VN. If Hunter had not gone down at the start of the 2011 Florida game, we might have won that game, and it may have been a springboard to an 8 or 9 win season. Also, Bray getting his thumb broken later that year was big.

Just look at the Cincinnati game in 2011. It was the ONLY game that Dooley had all of his players healthy, and the previous Wilcox defensive staff. Tennessee was a pretty good football team that day. If we had won 8 or 9 games in 2011, maybe the defensive staff would have stayed( I am certainly not sure of that). If that staff had stayed, then 2012 might have been a 9-10 win season. Dooley was a lot closer than some realize. The change on the defensive side was his downfall.

I am not wishing for Dooley to come back, but I really think that he hardly ever had a full deck to deal from. He tried to emulate Saban without Saban's roster.

He lost to a bad Kentucky team, who didn't even have a QB. That what I'll always remember about Dools.

He lost to a bad Kentucky team, who didn't even have a QB. That what I'll always remember about Dools.
He lost to Kentucky because Bray, Da'Rick, and some other players didn't want to have 15 more practices to prepare for a bowl game. Bray admitted it later. This is probably why all the coaching staff moved on. By the way, the team with the qb that tried only scored 10 points. Bray couldn't muster that many.

He lost to Kentucky because Bray, Da'Rick, and some other players didn't want to have 15 more practices to prepare for a bowl game that they were academically ineligible to play in anyway. Bray admitted it later. This is probably why all the coaching staff moved on. By the way, the team with the qb that tried only scored 10 points. Bray couldn't muster that many.

fyp

In before Volbeef88 comes to all the CDD haters rescue.

Who was academically ineligible?

Some of the possible reasons that we lost to Kentucky were that we had 3 turnovers in the second half. 2 Bray int's and one fumble by Neal from the Wildcat formation on Kentucky's 8 yard line on first down. Also, we never made more than one first down on our last 3 possessions.

VN Store

Back