Rhode Island 21 - Duke 12

Hrmm..where's Windy at? :)

In the hospital for a mild heart attack...:) And why are you calling me out, there are some other Duke fans on here!

Go Duke! Duke by the way does not look like a top 10 team in the nation. But it's a W! :dance2:

In the hospital for a mild heart attack...:) And why are you calling me out, there are some other Duke fans on here!

Go Duke! Duke by the way does not look like a top 10 team in the nation. But it's a W! :dance2:

I'm Devils fan.....and I didn't get to watch this but I can already tell you that they are not a top 10 team.....I'd put them more around 15-20 range.....maybe

I said it at the beginning of the season. I don't know that any of Duke's freshmen are going to cut it down low. For Duke to be successful, we need a serious big man. Elton Brand, Sheldon Williams, Shane Battier types. Heck, right now I'd settle for a Cherokee Parks type.

I didn't call you out..Should have taken me up on that trip here to Memphis and a heart attack would have been the last thing you would have been thinking about. :p

I'm Devils fan.....and I didn't get to watch this but I can already tell you that they are not a top 10 team.....I'd put them more around 15-20 range.....maybe

I don't disagree with you, but rankings don't really matter at this point, it's the beginning of the season and to be able to come back and get a W at the end of the day, I'll take it. :eek:k:

I do hope everything is ok and your doing well. :)

I said it at the beginning of the season. I don't know that any of Duke's freshmen are going to cut it down low. For Duke to be successful, we need a serious big man. Elton Brand, Sheldon Williams, Shane Battier types. Heck, right now I'd settle for a Cherokee Parks type.

Did you watch the game? What's up with Paulus? Is his playing time less because he sucked so much last year or is there an injury? He had that covering or whatever it was over his arm and one of his legs, why?

I didn't call you out..Should have taken me up on that trip here to Memphis and a heart attack would have been the last thing you would have been thinking about. :p

No, you would have been the last thing. :)

Did you watch the game? What's up with Paulus? Is his playing time less because he sucked so much last year or is there an injury? He had that covering or whatever it was over his arm and one of his legs, why?

I thought it was just one of those goofy things like AI and Kobe wear, but I could be wrong. I don't know of an injury.

But like I said and so many doubted me on, Nolan is the starting PG right now. Proof that Coach K knows talent is much better than experience in the end.

I thought it was just one of those goofy things like AI and Kobe wear, but I could be wrong. I don't know of an injury.

But like I said and so many doubted me on, Nolan is the starting PG right now. Proof that Coach K knows talent is much better than experience in the end.

I'm now a believer, but I still would like to see Paulus be an added spark off the bench. I like him as more of a shooter off of the bench than I do a true point guard.

A continued improved offseason by Smith. I wasn't ready for Coach K to give the reigns to a true Freshman last year. Now he's experienced enough to handle the load.
bottom line is that Nolan can D up other guards, Paulus has no prayer.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

bottom line is that Nolan can D up other guards, Paulus has no prayer.

and he's got a better handle to boot.

However, Paulus definitely has the better shot. A 3 guard set with Paulus on a wing wouldn't be a horrible position to be in for this team. Of course finding someone who can shoot the trey is never going to be a problem for K-led Duke team.

:no:

:eek:lol:

Seriously though, I haven't been that all impressed with Presbyterian and Georgia Southern. Lump that into today and it's very surprising for a semi-experience team. I think they'll get it turned around before the games get tougher, hopefully.

This Duke team should be considered very experienced in today's NCAA.

Out of all the previews ive read and watched, no one has a legit reason of why they are #5 they just are.. its ridiculous
well, they have some very good basketball players that folks assume improved over last year. Problem was lack of a big man and limited athleticism. Those are still problems, but the athleticism has been addressed some and paint is likely still a problem, but they have some very good players in Hebderson, Singler and Smith.

And scheyer can put up some points. With a still fairly weak acc, duke can still post a very good record this year.

A continued improved offseason by Smith. I wasn't ready for Coach K to give the reigns to a true Freshman last year. Now he's experienced enough to handle the load.

I still argue he was better anyway, but spending the offseason training with his "brother" Michael Beasley has definitely helped him even more.

I still argue he was better anyway, but spending the offseason training with his "brother" Michael Beasley has definitely helped him even more.
Nolan Smith was a much better option last year than Paulus. If Paulus sees the floor this year, it should be as breather for Smith or specialty 3 shooter. Otherwise, he's simply overmatched against respectable guards.

anyone that has paid attention, or gone through many user names, knows full well that I despise the basketball version of the Vols and have cheered for Duke since the '80s. But thanks for trolling.

It is beyond me why a basketball fan who is a Tennessee fan in any capacity would "despise" the Vols.

I'm not talking about your allegiance to Duke. I just don't understand the hate coming at UT.

It is beyond me why a basketball fan who is a Tennessee fan in any capacity would "despise" the Vols.

I'm not talking about your allegiance to Duke. I just don't understand the hate coming at UT.

i've explained it many times, but I hate father/son coaching combos and it all started at the same time UT had Wade and Allan.

VN Store

Back