Rose going to declare

Hat, what do you think about Tyeke? I know he has been pushed by the media, but I know you can see past what the media says and give me your thoughts on this young man. TIA

Hat, what do you think about Tyeke? I know he has been pushed by the media, but I know you can see past what the media says and give me your thoughts on this young man. TIA
I think he's a tremendous talent. I'd be wary of his brothers. They seem to have a big time case of Marbury Syndrome.

I think he's a tremendous talent. I'd be wary of his brothers. They seem to have a big time case of Marbury Syndrome.

I agree, but I think Cal has ran into this issue with D. Rose folks. Not saying nothing bad at all about the Rose family. There's something about Tyeke's brothers that just makes me wonder about the point you made. (Not saying anything bad about them also) Cal is a smart guy and a hell of a coach so he should be able to handle it. Thanks Hat. :hi:

I would consider Rose's family supportive and interested. I would consider Evans' brothers meddlesome and overbearing.

I would have to agree with that 100%. The Rose family supported him 100%. Like I said, there's just something there about Tyreke's bothers I cant can't put my finger on it. I hope everything works out well for the young man, whatever happens.

hrmm, so Memphis assistant Chuck Martin will be the new head coach for Marist. Martin was the primary recruiter for Ebanks. I wonder how this will play out.

If Evans signs today, then Cal can directly focus his attention on Ebanks one would think. Also, has anyone heard our chances of landing Witherspoon if Ebanks falls through to huggy bear? Also, does Joe alexander sticking around affect his decision to WV at all?

If Evans signs today, then Cal can directly focus his attention on Ebanks one would think. Also, has anyone heard our chances of landing Witherspoon if Ebanks falls through to huggy bear? Also, does Joe alexander sticking around affect his decision to WV at all?
I don't think Alexander's decision will have any effect. If by "our chances" chances you mean Memphis, I would think Witherspoon would certainly be an option for the Tigers.

Rose is a very hard person to replace. I wish Tyreke the best, he has some BIG shoes to fill.

The moronic radio talk show freak Chris Vernon was railing today that the Tiger fans should be reserved in their excitement over Evans because recently he was supposedly the wheel man in a "drive by shooting" that resulted in somebody's death and compared him to Shaun Banks. Anybody else heard about this "news"?

The moronic radio talk show freak Chris Vernon was railing today that the Tiger fans should be reserved in their excitement over Evans because recently he was supposedly the wheel man in a "drive by shooting" that resulted in somebody's death and compared him to Shaun Banks. Anybody else heard about this "news"?
ESPN.com had a good article on Evans yesterday that laid out the facts of that situation. All of that time spent with his head up Keith Easterwood's ass has finally caused brain damage for Vernon. He's an unabashed moron.

Tyreke Evans is much closer to OJ Mayo than to Derrick Rose. If CDR happens to stay, I wouldn't be surprised if Antonio Anderson handled the PG duties.

The only reason I had his show on was because there was a Memphis Redbirds game on Sports 56, I was in my truck and usually get some good laughs from Rob Fisher and crew in the afternoons. As a matter of fact, about 6 months ago I called in Vernon's show on a subject I don't remember to tell him he was an idiot and got cut off. He really is an idiot and I don't know he got a show on an ESPN network. Maybe the network execs haven't heard what they're paying for yet.

VN Store

Back