Rose going to declare

Someone said today that it might not be a bad idea for someone like Anderson to go ahead and go through with it. Is he going to play himself into a 1st round pick next year? Doubtful. He could either "maybe" go 2nd round this year or go ahead over to Europe and make $80K or so a year over there since that might be where he winds up anyway.

Witherspoon is a very good player. I think Cal might have this young man locked. Now Cal just needs to get Ebanks and Memphis should be fine.

Witherspoon is a very good player. I think Cal might have this young man locked. Now Cal just needs to get Ebanks and Memphis should be fine.

He doesn't even look like he has started to shave yet. :birgits_giggle:

He seems to be refered to as a point forward though. Memphis is going to be lean at PG this year but I doubt we will see him bring the ball up much. He also needs some weight (most usually do). Very well spoken young man though.

I'm sure he will , but I wouldn't mind seeing AA bring the ball up flanked by, say, 'Reke, Ebanks (if it happens), Dozier and Tag.

Willie (with no Andre on the sideline) could be worrisome. Anderson will be a nice player to be able to play some PG but it is obviously not his best position. I Tyreke will get some of that time as well I think. It would be a tall crew on the floor with that happening.

Wesley Witherspoon will sign his LOI with the Tigers tomorrow morning. I expect Devin Ebanks to end up in Austin or Morgantown with that in mind.

Wesley Witherspoon will sign his LOI with the Tigers tomorrow morning. I expect Devin Ebanks to end up in Austin or Morgantown with that in mind.

Yep, announcement at 3pm (Eastern I think).

I don't know if I would write Ebanks off though, especially just because Witherspoon signs.

If Memphis gets Evans, Witherspoon and Ebanks not to mention if Dozier and Anderson come back, could be a scary scenario.

Witherspoon is a heck of a player, I like this kid.

If Memphis gets Evans, Witherspoon and Ebanks not to mention if Dozier and Anderson come back, could be a scary scenario.

I am in agreeance with both of you. My only question is if they can gel. It is different when you have an established team and bring in a player like Rose. There will be loads of talent but with the different situation, the results might be not be the same. Then again, teams like the Fab Five throw that theory out the window.

There would actually be times when there are 5 freshman on the court for the Tigers (should Ebanks sign), though it would be a very tall lineup.

Good points. The extreme pressure would be squarely on Cal's shoulders to make these young guys into a team. Hell, he's getting 2.5 million per year to do it so he better get it done.

Good points. The extreme pressure would be squarely on Cal's shoulders to make these young guys into a team. Hell, he's getting 2.5 million per year to do it so he better get it done.

Yea, if he were to take this team to the Final Four, I think it would be a better coaching job than this past season. That might go without saying though.

I wonder how much Cal is paying William Wesley of that 2.5m. He deserves it.

VN Store

Back