Rose going to declare

Correct. Willie Kemp will be playing the majority of minutes at the point next year for the Tigers.

I agree, but if CDR comes back that makes a bit of a log jam on the wing. I guess it'd be possible to play with 4 guards considering Kemp is the only true point guard they'll have next season.

I agree, but if CDR comes back that makes a bit of a log jam on the wing. I guess it'd be possible to play with 4 guards considering Kemp is the only true point guard they'll have next season.
I don't think there's any real chance of CDR coming back. If Derek gets the UMASS job, Cal will be replacing two assistants and three starters. He'll earn that raise and extension.

ESPN.com had a good article on Evans yesterday that laid out the facts of that situation. All of that time spent with his head up Keith Easterwood's ass has finally caused brain damage for Vernon. He's an unabashed moron.

Wouldn't what Evans did be considered "snitching"?

It would. I didn't say I liked his conduct. I'm simply saying that calling him the "wheel man in a homicide" is irresponsible, inaccurate, and idiotic.

I agree completely. I just wanted to be clear, for my sake, on what's considered snitching.

It would. I didn't say I liked his conduct. I'm simply saying that calling him the "wheel man in a homicide" is irresponsible, inaccurate, and idiotic.
And you just described Chris Vernon. He obviously added sensational rabble rouser to his resume.

The moronic radio talk show freak Chris Vernon was railing today that the Tiger fans should be reserved in their excitement over Evans because recently he was supposedly the wheel man in a "drive by shooting" that resulted in somebody's death and compared him to Shaun Banks. Anybody else heard about this "news"?

ESPN.com had a good article on Evans yesterday that laid out the facts of that situation. All of that time spent with his head up Keith Easterwood's ass has finally caused brain damage for Vernon. He's an unabashed moron.

The only reason I had his show on was because there was a Memphis Redbirds game on Sports 56, I was in my truck and usually get some good laughs from Rob Fisher and crew in the afternoons. As a matter of fact, about 6 months ago I called in Vernon's show on a subject I don't remember to tell him he was an idiot and got cut off. He really is an idiot and I don't know he got a show on an ESPN network. Maybe the network execs haven't heard what they're paying for yet.

Truth is, he was in the driver's seat during a shooting. I know he had no knowledge that the shooting would take place and seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope he is a good guy and brings in the attitude that Derrick brought. That would be the ideal situation for Evans and Memphis.

On a side note, I don't know how anybody can listen to Sports 56. The only decent show is Midday with Greg and Eli. Geoff, Gary and Chris are far and away better entertainment, not to mention more informative.

I guess you are a big fan of the "Haters" segment. Most informative segment on modern sports radio.

I guess you are a big fan of the "Haters" segment. Most informative segment on modern sports radio.

That would fall in the "entertaining" section of my statement. And please don't try and tell me Sports 56 is any more informative.

If anyone expects sports radio talk shows to be highly informative will be sorely disappointed. Your entertainment section of your statement is more appropriate.

If anyone expects sports radio talk shows to be highly informative will be sorely disappointed. Your entertainment section of your statement is more appropriate.

More Geoff and Gary, but it can be informative. Especially since I hate the Tiger boards with a passion, I will sometimes get my info from sports talk or the internet in general.

I don't think CDR is going to leave early. With all the talent coming out this year he will be a late 1st to early 2nd round pick. Stay another year, possibly win player of the year, or at least have more exposure at the beginning of the year than he did this year. Combine that with next year's class not being as deep or as talented as this year and CDR could work his way into a lottery pick.

More Geoff and Gary, but it can be informative. Especially since I hate the Tiger boards with a passion, I will sometimes get my info from sports talk or the internet in general.

I admit - the Harvard and Horn Lake trivia section, while it adds nothing to sports acumen, it is funny as hell.

The moronic radio talk show freak Chris Vernon was railing today that the Tiger fans should be reserved in their excitement over Evans because recently he was supposedly the wheel man in a "drive by shooting" that resulted in somebody's death and compared him to Shaun Banks. Anybody else heard about this "news"?

Tyreke Evans to Memphis because he doesn't want to be shot? - The Dagger - NCAA Hoops - Yahoo! Sports

From the Philly Inquirer:

"He was torn between 'Nova, Texas and Memphis," the source said. "Then he just said, 'I think I just want to get away from [the Philadelphia area]. I just want to get away from here.' "

With that, Evans' decision was down to Memphis and Texas.

Then he said, "Texas is a long plane ride," the source said. "He narrowed it down to just Memphis."

Reggie Evans confirmed that there was a meeting, but he would not comment on what was said.

It's understandable that Tyreke Evans would want to leave the area. He faced what Chester Township authorities called the possibility of gang retaliation after a fatal shooting in Brookhaven. Evans was at the scene of a homicide that involved his cousin Jamar "Mar Mar" Evans on Nov. 25.

Jamar Evans was charged with third-degree murder in the shooting death of 19-year-old Marcus Reason. Chester Township Capt. Kenneth J. Coalson said at the time that investigators had no doubt that Reason's death was gang-related. The Evans family had reason to be fearful, he said, speaking after police contacted gang members in the Toby Farms neighborhood.

I don't think CDR is going to leave early. With all the talent coming out this year he will be a late 1st to early 2nd round pick. Stay another year, possibly win player of the year, or at least have more exposure at the beginning of the year than he did this year. Combine that with next year's class not being as deep or as talented as this year and CDR could work his way into a lottery pick.

CDR needs to go. His stock is at an all time high after the season he had, and I seriously doubt that he'd come back to risk injury. There's no way that he isn't a first round pick.

D Rose got into a fight with a U of M Football player over a girl. He is human, wow. Also, no it wasn't at the Plush Club.

D Rose got into a fight with a U of M Football player over a girl. He is human, wow. Also, no it wasn't at the Plush Club.

I learned that today on sports talk. See it CAN be informative! :p

By the way, I believe Brandon Rush and Darrell Arthur announced they were leaving today. Both will probably go ahead of CDR. The more people that come out, the more chance CDR falls to the very late first/early second round. NBADraft.net has him at pick #24 now.

I am not sure I agree with the statement that CDR's stock is the highest it can get.

Man I miss everything. When did that happen?

I think this weekend. That is one of the reasons (supposedly) that he did not have a big press conference to announce his draft status. I heard it was pretty apparent that he had just been in a fight.

The football player is Steven Black. Rose was giving up 20-25 lbs in the fight. Both are 6'3". Michael Buffer was a no show.

By the way, I believe Brandon Rush and Darrell Arthur announced they were leaving today. Both will probably go ahead of CDR. The more people that come out, the more chance CDR falls to the very late first/early second round. NBADraft.net has him at pick #24 now.

I am not sure I agree with the statement that CDR's stock is the highest it can get.
If CDR falls to #24, someone is getting a steal. He'll be a tremendous off the bench scorer in the Association.

Anyone who drafts Brandon Rush ahead of CDR is making an epic mistake.

It looks like they're doing this for the purpose of getting a better idea of where they might be drafted and to get feedback on areas for improvement.

They'll probably be back at Memphis next year.

VN Store

Back