Rule changes to college football

fade route

Just being honest
Personally, I would love to see college football go to a down by contact rule instead of a player being ruled down if he simply falls down. What other rules would you change in college football if you could?

Reactions: 4 people
Start every overtime period with the defense punting from their own 3 yard line to bring special teams into play and make offenses actually have to move the ball to get in FG range.

Reactions: 11 people
Start every overtime period with the defense punting from their own 3 yard line to bring special teams into play and make offenses actually have to move the ball to get in FG range.

That is genius.

I doubt the NCAA would go for it since they already moved back kickoffs to prevent collisions.

Personally, I would love to see college football go to a down by contact rule instead of a player being ruled down if he simply falls down. What other rules would you change in college football if you could?

I like that idea. It should have been changed years ago,IMO. :good!:

I'm probably in the minority, but I like the current overtime rules.

Reactions: 15 people
Make pass interference penalty place the ball at the point of the foul, like it is in the NFL and used to be in college. A 15 yard penalty for a 40 or 50 yard foul is ludicrous. If a defensive back is getting burned 40 yards downfield he would be stupid to not do anything to keep the receiver from catching the ball and getting a 15 yard penalty.

Reactions: 23 people
Celebration penalties for TDs should be applied to the following kickoff and not result in the nullification of the TD.

Reactions: 28 people
Make pass interference penalty place the ball at the point of the foul, like it is in the NFL and used to be in college. A 15 yard penalty for a 40 or 50 yard foul is ludicrous. If a defensive back is getting burned 40 yards downfield he would be stupid to not do anything to keep the receiver from catching the ball and getting a 15 yard penalty.

THIS. I've never understood why they don't address this.

Add to that the down by contact rules already mentioned, and do something to standardize the one foot in bounds/two feet in bounds between college and the NFL.

Reactions: 2 people
There should be an intentional grinding call for overly frisky QBs.

Take away the defensless receiver rule. JK

Take away fair catches. JK

I don't know but the long term trend is to make it easier for the offense and harder for the defense.

How about 3 point option for a post-TD conversion from the 10 yard hashmark?

Also, one point if you block XP or cause turnover on conversion but don't score and keep 2 for returning conversion for score.

Last edited:
Eliminate the celebration penalty entirely. I think there should still be a taunting penalty but this celebration penalty has gotten way overblown. I miss the days of Carl Pickens high stepping in the end zone and Dale Carter doing the Deon down the sideline.

Reactions: 7 people
Make receivers fair game again .....Ole miss player shouldntve got suspended for defending a td against vandy last year....what wad he supposed to.do? Just let him catch it?

How about removing the blocking below the waist penalty. Would decrease the number of serious head and neck injuries drastically.

Eliminate the celebration penalty entirely. I think there should still be a taunting penalty but this celebration penalty has gotten way overblown. I miss the days of Carl Pickens high stepping in the end zone and Dale Carter doing the Deon down the sideline.
Taunting and/or celebrating shouldn't be reason enough to take a touchdown off the board, in my opinion.

Reactions: 5 people
three_stooges.jpg

There should be an intentional grinding call for overly frisky QBs.
Take away the defensless receiver rule. JK

Take away fair catches. JK

I don't know but the long term trend is to make it easier for the offense and harder for the defense.

How about 3 point option for a post-TD conversion from the 10 yard hashmark?

Also, one point if you block XP or cause turnover on conversion but don't score and keep 2 for returning conversion for score.

:blink: ?? Who is going to throw the flag?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back