Rumor on the radio here in memphis!

jcastellaw

Heard that Hamilton and company have been in talks with Fulmer since 1:00 central time. Not sure of their source.
Guess we might here something sooner than expected!

All I know is this, in todays paper (Tennessean) that had a shot of Fumer, his wife and a cop leaving the field after the game and he looked like he was just found guilty and going to jail for the rest of his life. Seriously, it was the worst I've seen him look in a long, long time. I'm wondering if the Bama game was a 'stay or gone' case.

All I know is this, in todays paper (Tennessean) that had a shot of Fumer, his wife and a cop leaving the field after the game and he looked like he was just found guilty and going to jail for the rest of his life. Seriously, it was the worst I've seen him look in a long, long time. I'm wondering if the Bama game was a 'stay or gone' case.

Thats what Jimmy Hyams was reporting he had been told...that Bama was a "win or else" game.

Supposedly WATE 6 Sports in Memphis reported the same thing. Nothing has been confirmed yet though. The rumors sure are growing.

Good lord. This has gotten to be like the tracking of Santa Claus on Christmas Eve.

sitting and waiting for an announcement stinks. we all know there have been discussions with hamilton and fulmer on how to handle this the best way. To quote tom petty "The waiting is the hardest part."

If Fulmer was not fired after the 5-6 bad season, why would anyone think he would be fired after this horrible season? It would take at least 2 consecutive bad seasons. I hate to say it, but that's the truth.

If Fulmer was not fired after the 5-6 bad season, why would anyone think he would be fired after this horrible season? It would take at least 2 consecutive bad seasons. I hate to say it, but that's the truth.

Where there's smoke there's usually fire and there is a LOT of smoke right now.

I was there Saturday night. Fulmer just walked up and down the sidelines. He did not have much interaction with anyone. He would go to the huddles during time outs and just stand around on the outside of the huddle. He did not seem to have much emotion about the game. At one point he started clapping again and for the life of me I could not figure out what he had to clap for....The offense was the worst I have seen in over 50 years of watching Tennessee football. The poor defense hardly had time to get a drink before they were back on the field again....If the ones that are playing now cannot get it done, then he needs to put in some of the young players so they can get some experience for next year and the new coach....I suspect we will hear something in a week or two....I do hope he will retire so he can go out with respect and not all the crap in the media....No one needs that....

Or, it could be that he hates losing to Alabama.

The difference is people are not showing up for games and are showing their digust. What is going on there cannot be ignored by the administration. Not to mention, 05 could be excused as an aberration. 08 is proving there is a pattern.

Dude, it's over. I said the same thing at the beginning of the season. I was wrong and so are you.

Either way, we're in for a world of hurt.

In a world of hurt if he finally leaves?! Don't you mean...Yeehaw! If we get a Gruden, Cowher, Kiffin, or Davis kind of hire we won't be hurting long. Much less pain than if he stays...

It was on the first Tuesday night in November in 1992, that the shocking story broke from a Memphis source that Johnny Majors was out as coach of the Volunteers. There was a short period of confusion, but the story was verified within a couple of hours. By the time the nightly news came that night, every outlet in the state was posting "Breaking News" of Johnny's unemployment.

Ah, WATE, channel 6 is in Knoxville, not Memphis.

VN Store

Back