Rumor on the radio here in memphis!

I totally concur. Making it to the conferance championship and not winning it is awful. And last year, we played a mediocre LSU team. Look at the '97 regualr season. We had to come from behind to beat Florida and Arkansas(granted on a Clint Stoerner "stumble and fumble"). We need to get a coach who is a power recruiter like Richt, Meyer, Saban, etc. I'D LOVE TO SEE A VOLS TEAM THAT GOES OUT AND PLAYS EVERY GAME TO WIN INSTEAD OF PLAYING NOT TO LOSE! I think that comes with discipline and we need a HC like Saban who doesn't put up with crap.

Last edited:
Last year we played a mediocre LSU team? So now we call the National Champion's medicore. Sure, I can see that.

we played over our heads in the LSU game and they were far from mediocre

we played over our heads in the LSU game and they were far from mediocre

I agree. I think he might be talking about the fact that their backup QB (a freshman starting his first game) played the majority of snaps in the game. Not to mention the contrast in styles between him and the starter.

I can understand an occasional rebuilding year, with a lot of young players, but this is an experienced team, not playing well. Same was true in 05. We are a bad team with a lot of upper classmen playing. I don't see UT improving a lot for the 09 season with the current coaching staff.

They been 2 losing seasons since 98, 05 and 08. UT has had 3 good seasons since 98, making it to the SEC champ game 01, 04, and 07. But even in 04 and 07 UT didn't finish the season in the top 10.

Last edited:

The station did not as you say "Run" with the letter. all that was is a comment letter to the sports blog. The station did not indorse the story.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I can understand an occasional rebuilding year, with a lot of young players, but this is an experienced team, not playing well. Same was true in 05. We are a bad team with a lot of upper classmen playing. I don't see UT improving a lot for the 09 season with the current coaching staff.

not to mention that the Gators and bammers are younger, but already much better, teams than we are.

the gap is wide, and widening.

You people just need to face the facts of it tennessee (with the exception of the lady vols basketball) sucks your coach sucks and so do all your players. You will never be as good as the gators!!!!!!! Chomp chomp

You people just need to face the facts of it tennessee (with the exception of the lady vols basketball) sucks your coach sucks and so do all your players. You will never be as good as the gators!!!!!!! Chomp chomp

:):dance2::clapping:

doesn't take alot of thought to know what you are chomping on.......

VN Store

Back