RUNNING THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS WITH TIME EXPIRED

Tell me you’ve never competed in anything in life without telling me.

I’ve competed in combat sports and won way more than I lost and still plenty of times in film review I still see boneheaded mistakes, even if it leads to a win. In the moment common sense doesn’t usually exist

This is way over the top. Everyone knows the ball has to go in the end zone.

WTF ! Who does that? Is there a QB coach on staff? Right up there with the QB a few years back who cost us a win at Alabama because he changed the play at the one yard line. Who's recruiting these guys? I mean, this loss could be taken much more in stride if the ball had been at least thrown, at least giving the team a chance, even if intercepted. I mean, I just sat staring at the screen in disbelieve. I have on seen something similar to that in a middle school game. WTH is going on at practices? That play, that last play was just humiliating, embarrassing and eye opening.
Reminded me of Milton and I was hoping I would never have to say that. I thought Nico was smarter and more competitive than that.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Nico is very talented but he has obvious weaknesses in his game. Throwing on the run is definitely one of them. His accuracy suffers significantly when he rolls out or even moves in the pocket. Opponents saw this first vs NC State. That’s why both OU & Ark really brought pressure with 5 guys. Heupel & his brain trust needs to figure it out cause running on 3rd & 8 or more all year isn’t gonna cut it.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
WTF ! Who does that? Is there a QB coach on staff? Right up there with the QB a few years back who cost us a win at Alabama because he changed the play at the one yard line. Who's recruiting these guys? I mean, this loss could be taken much more in stride if the ball had been at least thrown, at least giving the team a chance, even if intercepted. I mean, I just sat staring at the screen in disbelieve. I have on seen something similar to that in a middle school game. WTH is going on at practices? That play, that last play was just humiliating, embarrassing and eye opening.

It really magnifies a much deeper issue. Nico will not throw the football unless he sees a receiver “high school open” … i.e., a huge separation.

If you remember, he also held the Hail Mary at the end of the first half. On some passes, it is okay to risk an interception.

He needs to develop a gunslinger mentality and be willing to anticipate better and throw aggressively into tighter windows.

Right now, he is playing way to tentatively IMO.

Clock management was a big issue last night. When the Vols got the ball back with 6-8 minutes left and the lead, they should have been milking every second, huddling, and running high completion percentage plays and making Arkansas burn all of their time outs. They did zero of that. That is 100% on Heupel and the staff. Their defense was never going to stand up to the challenge at hand. They got smoked all game long. Thinking they should go fast with the game on the line and relying on the defense was a poor decision.
Agree 100%. We should've been milking the clock and playing smart football.

I agree. You have nothing to lose by throwing it into the end zone...Ask Josh Dobbs/Jennings!

It's obvious that this offense is not as good as 2022, but I'm wondering if they are better than 2023. 🤪

Give me a moment to put on a helmet🤣🤣🤣

Nico is very talented but he has obvious weaknesses in his game. Throwing on the run is definitely one of them. His accuracy suffers significantly when he rolls out or even moves in the pocket. Opponents saw this first vs NC State. That’s why both OU & Ark really brought pressure with 5 guys. Heupel & his brain trust needs to figure it out cause running on 3rd & 8 or more all year isn’t gonna cut it.
Throwing it practically lateral to the sidelines for a 2 yard gain isn't either. 🤪

I hate to say it and and I don’t think he is, but that’s Milton all over again.

VN Store

Back