RUNNING THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS WITH TIME EXPIRED

Nico is very talented but he has obvious weaknesses in his game. Throwing on the run is definitely one of them. His accuracy suffers significantly when he rolls out or even moves in the pocket. Opponents saw this first vs NC State. That’s why both OU & Ark really brought pressure with 5 guys. Heupel & his brain trust needs to figure it out cause running on 3rd & 8 or more all year isn’t gonna cut it.
Actually he made a fantastic long throw when rolling out under pressure.

How much money is the QB coach paid? If it's more than $99.00 a year then he is making too much. He should be fired by 8:00 am tomorrow and the second string QB moved up to first string by 8:01 am. Maybe give Nico a second chance next year. Maybe not. We want our opponents to do things like that, not us.
Bench him? Rofl

He wasn't even that bad of a QB, he just wasn't Hendon Hooker.

he was a good qb and an even better person. Hendon was probably one of the top 4 qbs that Tennessee has had in my lifetime. Tough act to follow. And to your point, it actually bothers me that so many fans rip on him. You’d think he played for one of our rivals.

Reactions: volbound1700
Several times they were snapping the ball with 20 plus seconds ion the play clock.
Exactly. It was mind-numbing to watch it in real time. It's like the fanbase watching were the only ones who recognized that the UT defense was not going to stop Arkansas at all and needed to consume the clock.

I told some friends who were watching the game with me, if the game came down to Nico winning it, it wasn't going to happen. I seen enough to know that. Defense and the running game were all we had to win that game last night.

Heupel addressed that directly. It was a mistake. When asked about Joe vs Nico, he again addressed it directly, "Different situations and different experience from the QBs...." mentioning something about the difference in college experience. He said Nico knew it, acknowledged it, and felt bad about it.

What else can we want? Blood from the kid?

He knows he screwed up.
Coach knows he screwed up.
We know he screwed up.

There's no rewind. My hope is that Nico can realize he has a long time to play football and that was just one play in his career.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
WTF ! Who does that? Is there a QB coach on staff? Right up there with the QB a few years back who cost us a win at Alabama because he changed the play at the one yard line. Who's recruiting these guys? I mean, this loss could be taken much more in stride if the ball had been at least thrown, at least giving the team a chance, even if intercepted. I mean, I just sat staring at the screen in disbelieve. I have on seen something similar to that in a middle school game. WTH is going on at practices? That play, that last play was just humiliating, embarrassing and eye opening.
The play at Alabama didn't cost us the game

I'll say the same thing I said when Milton did it.
Sucks. but crap happens.NFL QB's have had brain farts and cost their team a game
Learn from it and move on

VN Store

Back