Ryan Mallett

You can never have too much competition, but why would he come here with Crompton waiting in the wings. It doesnt make any sense.

Yes, I'm saying I don't want him. Crompton and Coleman will be fine, and as I stated, I'll take my chances with talented local kids instead of a guy who thought he was too good for UT the first time. Both of those guys wanted to be Vols from the get, and this guy would be coming out of necessity, nothing more.

Once again, no thank you.

I wouldn't go as far to say I don't want him. I'm just afraid that people will fall in love with his height and arm strength and not worry about if the guy can actually make plays.

I understand you would Love to see Coleman starting since you're from Chatt-town but i'm stating i would love to see Mallett in Knox-Vegas.

What is with you people? I have said more than once in this thread, "we have 2 (TWO, know what that means?) local kids".

My God. Sometimes I feel like I'm:banghead2:.

You can never have too much competition, but why would he come here with Crompton waiting in the wings. It doesnt make any sense.
He has to sit out a year and hey if something happened to Crompton his Senior year Or Coleman he would be there on the bench not to shabby.

Ok i saw that Calm down Tito!

It ain't just you. I can't talk about BJ w/o someone thinking my opinion has anything to do with being from Chattanooga when it doesn't matter.

I've not "liked" anyone to come out of Chattanooga to UT in some time, people just single this out.

Im all for having local kids in our program, but im more for winning games. Im not saying he would win more than Crompton (who I hope is the QB) but competition is a good thing. I would like to let him come in and compete and may the best one start. If its not him so what at least we took a shot and what would it really hurt?

It ain't just you. I can't talk about BJ w/o someone thinking my opinion has anything to do with being from Chattanooga when it doesn't matter.

I've not "liked" anyone to come out of Chattanooga to UT in some time, people just single this out.

It's funny watching you get worked up about it though. :p

The Sun Tzu states: The General easily goaded is easily defeated.

"Reggie"

He's got the physical attributes. But how is he mentally? We don't need to be falling all over ourselves praising some guy with height and a strong arm that doesn't have any football instincts.

Wasnt he ranked right up there with Jimmy Clausen out of HS?

Mallett looked pretty damn good for a true frosh, from what i saw of him. A few people had him rated higher than Clausen.

Naturally, i wouldn't mind if he came on board, as i think he might be better than anyone we have on board. That said, i am not too worried about what we have in the cupboard at the QB postion in the near future.

Mallett looked pretty damn good for a true frosh, from what i saw of him. A few people had him rated higher than Clausen.

Naturally, i wouldn't mind if he came on board, as i think he might be better than anyone we have on board. That said, i am not too worried about what we have in the cupboard at the QB postion in the near future.

His numbers resemble that of Reggie Ball in his freshman year.

It's funny watching you get worked up about it though. :p

The Sun Tzu states: The General easily goaded is easily defeated.

I don't get "worked up" so to speak, I get amazed at the stupidity of someone to say that plays a part when it's never played a part in me cursing Gerald Riggs or Demonte Bolden in plenty of other threads.

assuming he gets good playing time somewhere, he won't be remembered like Reggie Ball. The control is lacking a little, but that can be fixed. Rocket arms, on the other hand, are born, not made.

Reggie Ball was 5'10 and couldnt throw the ball downfield to save his life. Mallet is almost the complete opposite.

Whats with all the Mallet hate? I'd be surprised if we have anyone on our roster with as strong of an arm as his.

assuming he gets good playing time somewhere, he won't be remembered like Reggie Ball. The control is lacking a little, but that can be fixed. Rocket arms, on the other hand, are born, not made.

John Parker Wilson also has a good arm. That doesn't always mean good quarterback. Mallet just got a lot of hype because he came in when Michigan looked like they were turning their season around. In actuality, they were just playing the Big Ten conference schedule.

Reggie Ball was 5'10 and couldnt throw the ball downfield to save his life. Mallet is almost the complete opposite.

Whats with all the Mallet hate? I'd be surprised if we have anyone on our roster with as strong of an arm as his.

I dont think anyone here hates him... I just see it as not the best fit for either party.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I don't hate Mallett, I just don't desire to have any more kids on our team who don't care more about the T on their helmet than the glorified cheerleader who'd be chest bumping them.

Probably a good kid, great tools, someone else who he didn't really want to play for can have him.

I actually don't mind having more competition on the team. The thing is, he could come here and red shirt, then he would have to beat out three other guys.

I'd rather he stay away. We already have 3 guys, and I would rather let one of them develop. Mallet would have to sit out anyways, and I think one of our guys could be better.

with all due respect to Crompton, Stephens and Coleman, I think Mallett would be a much better QB

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I don't hate Mallett, I just don't desire to have any more kids on our team who don't care more about the T on their helmet than the glorified cheerleader who'd be chest bumping them.

Probably a good kid, great tools, someone else who he didn't really want to play for can have him.

Where do you get the idea that he only cares about himself and wouldn't care about UT? There are a lot of schools to choose from, and he just didn't pick UT. It doesn't mean he shouldn't get a shot if he wanted it. I just think it is in his best interest to go somewhere else.

Where do you get the idea that he cares more about himself than his team or anything. There are a lot of schools to choose from.

Sorry, I got the impression by him not even considering us to begin with that he couldn't care less about playing at UT. I'm merely saying we have enough guys using us for a gateway (anyone who mentioned leaving with Trooper) and don't need another one.

Sorry, I got the impression by him not even considering us to begin with that he couldn't care less about playing at UT. I'm merely saying we have enough guys using us for a gateway (anyone who mentioned leaving with Trooper) and don't need another one.
who's been mentioned as leaving with Trooper? ive heard Jones but that was just talk i believe Millwood confirmed that not to be true so who's leaving now?

I'm not getting my hopes too high with Mallett though. I remember the "Mitch Mustain to Tennessee" talk last year as well

who's been mentioned as leaving with Trooper? ive heard Jones but that was just talk i believe Millwood confirmed that not to be true so who's leaving now?

Noone IS leaving, Paige was vocal about it to teammates and Foster talked about going to the NFL.

Obviously, there was some talk, A. Rogers didn't speak out in his interview for no reason. You don't say "some guys have talked about transferring" when it's only 1.

VN Store

Back