Saban on NC State

He had twice as many losses in those three NIL years than he did the six years prior from 2015-2020. And he was in the national championship in all but one of those six years. But yeah I guess that’s all just a coincidence and NIL has nothing to do with him losing more games.

Straight from the horse’s mouth: “I didn’t like the way my players reacted after the loss to Michigan. Kids throwing helmets showing their frustration and then asking assurances for playing time and more money.” He had a culture problem on his hands and he didn’t have it under control so he decided to jump ship as soon as adversity struck with this new landscape. He didn’t want to try and adapt so he QUIT. Yeah that’s a true GOAT right there…
Now you're arguing two different things. Him getting worn out by the portal and players demanding more money after the season are different from him not believing that he could win another title. The latter may have held some weight if DeBoer wasn't currently killing it on the recruiting trail. Alabama was going to recruit just fine over the next few years if Saban hadn't retired.

Reactions: Hairy Vols
As soon as he no longer had an edge no one else did in college football, he cut and run. There was monstrous money behind the Tide’s football program while he was there. One need look no further than Bear Bryant’s son as well as The Bank of Alabama for answers. I loved his hypocritical media story about how kids since NIL on the front end want to know how much they’re going to get. They’ve ALWAYS asked that and Bama was able to outbid everybody else prior to NIL.

Legitimate question, who is the "monstrous money" behind bama football?

I understand they have lots of money but who are their donors? They can't live in the state, Alabama doesn't have many millionaires and no billionaires. Who is their Haslam or Pickens or Nike?

There should be a baseline of understanding and an ability to engage in a conversation without resorting to dramatic, simplistic statements that betray a lack of nuance and comprehension. A sports forum, by its very nature, exists to foster discussion and debate about the team in question.

The irony of being called a Bama fan is amusing, to say the least.

People don't laugh at sports fans—they laugh at those who take fandom to a literal, fanatical extreme. From a scientific perspective, sports have profoundly shaped our society, driving social and anthropological change for decades. The role of sports in advancing desegregation and social reform in this country is just one of many examples.

As for the individual resorting to childish name-calling, labeling others as 'Bama fans' or 'Saban worshipers'—it seems he’s grasping for the most biting insult his limited imagination can conjure.

Rather than engaging in meaningful discourse, he chooses to flail about like a petulant child, hurling names and throwing tantrums. It's clear that his attempts at direction are as misguided as someone trying to navigate with their eyes closed and ears covered.

Which is why I just stopped responding to him.
1724712544354.gif

Legitimate question, who is the "monstrous money" behind bama football?

I understand they have lots of money but who are their donors? They can't live in the state, Alabama doesn't have many millionaires and no billionaires. Who is their Haslam or Pickens or Nike?
The only actual billionaire in the state is an Auburn supporter oddly enough.

you are aware bama went 8-0 in the SEC last year ‘23, yet he can’t win in the NIL era?
He saw the handwriting on the wall, and no I don't think he could win with the nil era and the transfer portal. He could no longer keep 5 star players on the bench, because now they will transfer if not playing.

VN Store

Back