Saban on NC State

It's a lost cause dude, just let them have their heads. I absolutely love VolNation, but pragmatism about CFB morality(particularly our own) isnt gonna be found in a forum full of ageing GenX and boomers.

What's funny to me is that these gripes are almost identical to Alabama's accusations about us in the early 2000's. From (allegedly) unduly influencing police & courts to keep our players eligible, to (allegedly) paying players, to (allegedly) conspiring with the NCAA to take down rivals..... Every accusation is almost identical to what they said about us. Of course we're innocent, though🤞.

You'll never convince Mrs. Sallie that her little precious Albert isn't one of the hooligans. Saban didn't do anything wet haven't done or tried to do.

The only line I thought he crossed was his hypocrisy lobbying for the changes with the playclock. He claimed it was about player safety, but it was about competitive advantage.
So you're smarter and therefore better bc you're younger than someone? That's a stretch

So you're smarter and therefore better bc you're younger than someone? That's a stretch
Closet bama fan IMO. All the Saban love is astonishing. I have bama friends who didn't like his antics. What I see is Texas now in the SEC, the NIL, Freeze @Auburn (taking recruits from bama) Uga, Tennessee climbing, and Saban getting knocked off his perch. He knew he wasn't winning any more Championships.

Last edited:
We might be overlooking them, but doubt the team is....

Myself, nah, I'm not overlooking anyone that is an away game...team seems to have its worst issues on the road, and this is in all practicality an away game.

Saban is a joke. He didn’t want to deal with the new era of athletes so he took his ball and quit. That will be his lasting legacy, ultimate hypocrite and cheater. He is scum of the earth as far as I am concerned. Don’t trust a word that comes out of that snake’s mouth.
Dude is in his 70"s and will go down as one of the best college coaches in history. I'm glad he took his ball and went home.

Dude is in his 70"s and will go down as one of the best college coaches in history. I'm glad he took his ball and went home.
He will go down as being a master manipulator and having the best University of Alabama free car program with included monthly installments paid to his clients for playing on his football team.

FWIW, NC State got Duke’s leading rusher from last season (Waters)

And former 5 star WR out of Rolesville, NC that transferred from Ohio State. Rogers.

Of course they have Coast Carolinas former QB who’s been starting since his freshman season.

Heupel and the boys will not overlook them, but they will be more difficult than most fans believe it will be. I actually think we beat them by 10 points and beat OU in Norman by 20+.
Noah Rogers transferred home because he was 5th on the depth chart behind other 5* Egbuka, Carnel Tate, Brandon Inniss, and freak show Jeremiah Smith. Their other WR is Kevin Concepcion, a freshman all-american last year.

Closet bama fan IMO. All the Saban love is astonishing. I have bama friends who didn't like his antics. What I see is Texas now in the SEC, the NIL, Freeze @Auburn (taking recruits from bama) Uga, Tennessee climbing, and Saban getting knocked off his perch. He knew he wasn't winning any more Championships.
I'm sorry but I just don't understand why people think this.

Bama was literally 1 play away from being in the CFP final last year and Milroe was looking great the 2nd half of the season. They played UM better than anyone all season. The notion that Bama was due for some major regression in the next couple of years doesn't seem grounded in any sort of facts.

I am certainly glad he is gone. Maybe CFB can get back to more parity, instead of the same team winning the Natty 50% of the time since 2010.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Adults should be able to realize Saban didn’t win all those games without cars and money. Objectively, your GOAT didn’t win a single national championship in the NIL era. He also didn’t sniff a Super Bowl appearance and owns a losing record in the NFL.
You act as if the NIL era stretched over the past ten years. It was around for his final three years. In those seasons he was 36-6 with two playoff appearances, including playing for one national title. I somehow think he would have managed to survive the vaunted NIL era of college football.

As usual, the first "test" of the season will be a season-defining game. Nico will be under the microscope of every pundit out there, as will the entire team.

I expect we will impress.

You act as if the NIL era stretched over the past ten years. It was around for his final three years. In those seasons he was 36-6 with two playoff appearances, including playing for one national title. I somehow think he would have managed to survive the vaunted NIL era of college football.
He had twice as many losses in those three NIL years than he did the six years prior from 2015-2020. And he was in the national championship in all but one of those six years. But yeah I guess that’s all just a coincidence and NIL has nothing to do with him losing more games.

Straight from the horse’s mouth: “I didn’t like the way my players reacted after the loss to Michigan. Kids throwing helmets showing their frustration and then asking assurances for playing time and more money.” He had a culture problem on his hands and he didn’t have it under control so he decided to jump ship as soon as adversity struck with this new landscape. He didn’t want to try and adapt so he QUIT. Yeah that’s a true GOAT right there…

Saw 2 headlines about Saban over the weekend. First said he would be at FSU next year, the second said he would be at tOSU. I'm trying to find them again so I can link. Didn't read either one, looked like clickbait. Thought I'd throw it out so you can discuss amongst yourselves.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand why people think this.

Bama was literally 1 play away from being in the CFP final last year and Milroe was looking great the 2nd half of the season. They played UM better than anyone all season. The notion that Bama was due for some major regression in the next couple of years doesn't seem grounded in any sort of facts.

I am certainly glad he is gone. Maybe CFB can get back to more parity, instead of the same team winning the Natty 50% of the time since 2010.

For the reasons I mentioned. SEC just got tougher, Auburn is going to challenge again, Tennessee is headed back on top, UGa IS already there, And Everyone can buy players. Top that off with the fact that Saban hated the NIL. Bama's dominance is over, and Saban knew it.

Saw 2 headlines about Saban over the weekend. First said he would be at FSU next year, the second said he would be at tOSU. I'm trying to find them again so I can link. Didn't read either one, looked like clickbait. Thought I'd throw it out so you can discuss amongst yourselves.

He is not taking another job. Why would he at 71 72? He is worth about a 150 Million

For the reasons I mentioned. SEC just got tougher, Auburn is going to challenge again, Tennessee is headed back on top, UGa IS already there, And Everyone can buy players. Top that off with the fact that Saban hated the NIL. Bama's dominance is over, and Saban knew it.

OK.... everyone else also has to deal with the same challenges. It isn't just tougher for Bama. It's tougher for UGA, TX, and OU etc. Is their dominance over too?

And you fail to mention that getting into the playoffs is much easier now with 12 teams. Bama could lose 2 regular season games (something they've done only twice since 2011) and still easily make the playoffs.

OK.... everyone else also has to deal with the same challenges. It isn't just tougher for Bama. It's tougher for UGA, TX, and OU etc. Is their dominance over too?

And you fail to mention that getting into the playoffs is much easier now with 12 teams. Bama could lose 2 regular season games (something they've done only twice since 2011) and still easily make the playoffs.

Thank You.. I must go now. Bidness

Hey now, we can’t be going against Nick Saban. We are suppose to bow and worship him at the altar. We are “nobodies” and whatever we say doesn’t matter. These fools sticking up for Saban just choose to be naive and think he didn’t cheat his way to the top. The proof is in the pudding. He didn’t win a single national championship in the NIL era and didn’t win in the NFL with a salary cap. That tells me all I need to know.
Your unwillingness (or inability) to engage in an intelligent discussion--and intelligent disagreement--is telling. Those that disagree with you are not only wrong, they are fools. And people who disagree with your interpretation of Saban's career are not only wrong, they are "worshipping" him. SMH.

Last edited:
Your willingness (or ability) to engage in an intelligent discussion--and intelligent disagreement--is telling. Those that disagree with you are not only wrong, they are fools. And people who disagree with your interpretation of Saban's career are not only wrong, they are "worshipping" him. SMH.
Nothing about higher level sports is intelligent, other than them profiting off fans. We are adults who follow children’s games. That’s why non-sports people laugh at sports fans. If you want intelligent conversations then go to a quantum physics seminar.

Nothing about higher level sports is intelligent, other than them profiting off fans. We are adults who follow children’s games. That’s why non-sports people laugh at sports fans. If you want intelligent conversations then go to a quantum physics seminar.
There should be a baseline of understanding and an ability to engage in a conversation without resorting to dramatic, simplistic statements that betray a lack of nuance and comprehension. A sports forum, by its very nature, exists to foster discussion and debate about the team in question.

The irony of being called a Bama fan is amusing, to say the least.

People don't laugh at sports fans—they laugh at those who take fandom to a literal, fanatical extreme. From a scientific perspective, sports have profoundly shaped our society, driving social and anthropological change for decades. The role of sports in advancing desegregation and social reform in this country is just one of many examples.

As for the individual resorting to childish name-calling, labeling others as 'Bama fans' or 'Saban worshipers'—it seems he’s grasping for the most biting insult his limited imagination can conjure.

Rather than engaging in meaningful discourse, he chooses to flail about like a petulant child, hurling names and throwing tantrums. It's clear that his attempts at direction are as misguided as someone trying to navigate with their eyes closed and ears covered.

Which is why I just stopped responding to him.

VN Store

Back