Saban on NC State

The big question is how they will look with McCall at QB and how fast can they get used to each other. Wolfpack does not typically play good early but usually don't have a tough game early either.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m aware of the allegations, I’m aware he likely, with a doubt cheated, but I’m also a big believer in court of law and innocent until proven guilty.

Nobody has been able to tag the man with anything official, and if he did cheat, I have no doubt, every Vols fan would look the other way to have those same results, cheating or not over him timespan at Bama.

I don’t hate people I’ve never met. Idk anything about Saban personally because I’ve never met the man. I just know I hated how he destroyed my Vols throughout my entire life from LSU to Bama.

You can say he cheated, you can say he twirled his toes and crinkled his nose and made a wish with a magic fairy. It doesn’t matter. He had the results and if had a cheating formula that worked it’s embarrassing we didn’t copy implement it sooner.
It's a lost cause dude, just let them have their heads. I absolutely love VolNation, but pragmatism about CFB morality(particularly our own) isnt gonna be found in a forum full of ageing GenX and boomers.

What's funny to me is that these gripes are almost identical to Alabama's accusations about us in the early 2000's. From (allegedly) unduly influencing police & courts to keep our players eligible, to (allegedly) paying players, to (allegedly) conspiring with the NCAA to take down rivals..... Every accusation is almost identical to what they said about us. Of course we're innocent, though🤞.

You'll never convince Mrs. Sallie that her little precious Albert isn't one of the hooligans. Saban didn't do anything wet haven't done or tried to do.

The only line I thought he crossed was his hypocrisy lobbying for the changes with the playclock. He claimed it was about player safety, but it was about competitive advantage.

Spurrier said Saban cheated in recruiting, and so did Jimbo. Common sense (and some well connected to bama) tell us that alabama paid players before NIL and has been paying players since Bear Bryant came "Home". You can call that cheating or you can look the other way. It's a choice. Sure Everyone cheated to an extent, but bama got away with more than SMU......They have always been dirty. I know, I've had experience with some recruits who went there.
Hey now, we can’t be going against Nick Saban. We are suppose to bow and worship him at the altar. We are “nobodies” and whatever we say doesn’t matter. These fools sticking up for Saban just choose to be naive and think he didn’t cheat his way to the top. The proof is in the pudding. He didn’t win a single national championship in the NIL era and didn’t win in the NFL with a salary cap. That tells me all I need to know.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
No one is worshipping him. Adults just look at things objectively
Adults should be able to realize Saban didn’t win all those games without cars and money. Objectively, your GOAT didn’t win a single national championship in the NIL era. He also didn’t sniff a Super Bowl appearance and owns a losing record in the NFL.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
FWIW, NC State got Duke’s leading rusher from last season (Waters)

And former 5 star WR out of Rolesville, NC that transferred from Ohio State. Rogers.

Of course they have Coast Carolinas former QB who’s been starting since his freshman season.

Heupel and the boys will not overlook them, but they will be more difficult than most fans believe it will be. I actually think we beat them by 10 points and beat OU in Norman by 20+.

Saban is a joke. He didn’t want to deal with the new era of athletes so he took his ball and quit. That will be his lasting legacy, ultimate hypocrite and cheater. He is scum of the earth as far as I am concerned. Don’t trust a word that comes out of that snake’s mouth.

He bravely tucked his tail and fled.

Reactions: VolPack22
People with legitimate knowledge know he cheated his way to those championships. He openly admitted to tampering live on-air at the NFL Draft and nobody batted an eye. You can crown his ass if you want but I will refuse to.
He was good at paying players and keeping out of trouble. Now that everyone can pay players legally, he knew he could no longer win.

Saban is a joke. He didn’t want to deal with the new era of athletes so he took his ball and quit. That will be his lasting legacy, ultimate hypocrite and cheater. He is scum of the earth as far as I am concerned. Don’t trust a word that comes out of that snake’s mouth.
I can see it now. The year is 2054. Lee Corso is in his 67th year on College Gameday. Corso comments that this new Alabama coach reminds him a little of Nick Saban. His co host looks confused and asks "Who?" Corso answers, "You know, the guy who quit because he didn't want to deal with the new era of athletes". His co host responds, "Oh yeah, that guy!"

Hey now, we can’t be going against Nick Saban. We are suppose to bow and worship him at the altar. We are “nobodies” and whatever we say doesn’t matter. These fools sticking up for Saban just choose to be naive and think he didn’t cheat his way to the top. The proof is in the pudding. He didn’t win a single national championship in the NIL era and didn’t win in the NFL with a salary cap. That tells me all I need to know.

For the life of me I don't know why/how a supposed Tennessee fan could possibly be a Saban apologist. Boggles the mind. He got away with more chit than well almost Bear Bryant. Am I biased ? No. I know what I saw. After Saban came, The Ncaa totally left bama alone, and they had told them a couple years before "You are staring down the barrel of a gun." Exact quote.

Do you have any proof he cheated? Like you could make national headlines with proof like that. You could destroy a legacy… or, from the sound of it, you’re just being bitter.

Honestly I don’t care who you crown, you’re nobody brother. I’m literally just speaking facts of what the general consensus is.

He has accomplished something nobody else has with the most national championships of all time.

There has never been any proof he has cheated. But coming from the University who cheated and used a giant bag of cash at McDonalds are we really the ones to cast the first stone? We tried to cheat and we’re just bad at it, and we honestly got embarrassed.

I hate I’m being forced to defend Nick Saban, but your points have to be some of the most acute I’ve ever heard.
Who you calling 'we'.

As I said before, you can crown his ass but I won’t. He cheated his way to the top. Dude also has a losing record in the NFL. GTFO with that.
Yeah but the NFL lets teams pick their players via numerical order draft and not the highest bidder. That is not the way Saban rolled. He's a really good coach + buy the best players and you're there. The NIL tilted the advantage against him now everyone can buy players that's not fair.

Reactions: VolPack22
What a coincidence that once all schools can now use the same leverage Saban has been using the whole time he starts having trouble and quits.

Trouble? He didn't win Natty his last 3 years of coaching and you call that trouble. Maybe he was just 72 years old and after 7 Nattys he was just ready to hang it up?

Even if you credit much of his success to "cheating" in the recruiting department (as if everyone doesn't also cheat), he still has to coach the games against similarly talented teams. And he was the best the ever was at doing that. The only coach with a winning record against Saban since 2010 is Bob Stoops, who played them once in bowl game. His record against the SEC East is astonishing. Give the man his due.

If he were the coach at UT over this time, we'd all be saying they should name the Natty Trophy after him.

NC State can't be overlooked. We have a better team, but we also had a much better team than Pitt in 2022 and still struggled with them at home.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back