San Francisco is awful

Salt lake city is in a beautiful location. When my dad was stationed there, I could go swim at the community pool all day 90 something degrees, and when he got off work we would jump in the truck and 40 minutes later be on top of the mountain still covered in snow...gain more elevation than any mountain in the smokies in a half hour. Beautiful mountains rivaling Colorado. Went to a Steve Miller band concert at park city...its a natural amphitheater like redrocks... cliffs on 3 sides behind and to both sides...people standing next to us smoked about 20 joints back to back...me my sister and my dad were all high as kites...swear on my balls...from second hand smoke. Dad who was a major at the time...said he would fail a piss test no doubt if he had one soon...we laughed and laughed. Great show. They did 3 or 4 encores because the whole crowd kept cheering...played Joker again, take the money and run, and wild mountain honey? I believe...best time I ever had a concert, and I was only 15. Miss my dad, God rest his soul.
I lived in Heber for 5 years. I really never got to like the high desert all that much. Broke my leg real bad at Solitude back in 92, so my skiing is limited to clear blue skies and a foot or more of fresh powder. You can have ice and moguls and cloudy days. Oh, and the golf in Utah is second to none. Since I moved to Florida I quit playing. Golf here sucks ape balls.

I really miss my dad too.

I dunno. At day's end, and as much of an outdoors oriented dude I tend to be, I am most at home in the city. The past two years in Franklin have been the least exhilerating of my adult life.

I like being a 2 minute walk from a bar, a restaurant, a convenience store, and a strip club. I like having a great band to see every week. I like the large pool of people to meet and watch.

I'll save the tranquil silence of the county line roads for when I'm old enough to piss in a bag.

Reactions: 5 people
I dunno. At day's end, and as much of an outdoors oriented dude I tend to be, I am most at home in the city. The past two years in Franklin have been the least exhilerating of my adult life.

I like being a 2 minute walk from a bar, a restaurant, a convenience store, and a strip club. I like having a great band to see every week. I like the large pool of people to meet and watch.

I'll save the tranquil silence of the county line roads for when I'm old enough to piss in a bag.

I agree completely. A lot of this is an age thing as well. Cities offer a lot of opportunity for young people to live an exciting life. When I’m older and have a family I’m probably going to want to get a place in the burbs and live a more relaxed life while still being within a major area.

I agree completely. A lot of this is an age thing as well. Cities offer a lot of opportunity for young people to live an exciting life. When I’m older and have a family I’m probably going to want to get a place in the burbs and live a more relaxed life while still being within a major area.

Eventually, you don't want neighbors and would prefer to have that lot where you can sip your PBR on the back porch and shoot at possums whenever you want.

Reactions: 2 people
Mapping San Francisco's Human Waste Challenge - 132,562 Cases Reported In The Public Way Since 2008

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fadamandrzejewski%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F04%2FForbes_Frequent-SF-Feces-final.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fadamandrzejewski%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F04%2FSan-Fran-general-poop-map-FINAL.jpg

I lived in Heber for 5 years. I really never got to like the high desert all that much. Broke my leg real bad at Solitude back in 92, so my skiing is limited to clear blue skies and a foot or more of fresh powder. You can have ice and moguls and cloudy days. Oh, and the golf in Utah is second to none. Since I moved to Florida I quit playing. Golf here sucks ape balls.

I really miss my dad too.
We used to ski Brighton all the time. Began going in 89'. Went every year until mid 2000's.

Wow,
who knew poop scooping paid so well?

"The city has taken steps to crack down on the crisis. Over the last year, the Department of Public Works instituted what the San Francisco Chronicle called a “Poop Patrol.” Consisting of five teammates, the Chronicle estimated each employee earned a hefty $184,000 in pay, perquisites and pension benefits.

Using this payroll information, we quantified the taxpayer cost of each human waste case last year: $32.75. And that’s not including the sunk costs in trucks, fuel, and equipment such as the steam cleaning unit."

Wow,
who knew poop scooping paid so well?

"The city has taken steps to crack down on the crisis. Over the last year, the Department of Public Works instituted what the San Francisco Chronicle called a “Poop Patrol.” Consisting of five teammates, the Chronicle estimated each employee earned a hefty $184,000 in pay, perquisites and pension benefits.

Using this payroll information, we quantified the taxpayer cost of each human waste case last year: $32.75. And that’s not including the sunk costs in trucks, fuel, and equipment such as the steam cleaning unit."
I'd want to see that actual pay/benefis breakdown, but that sounds like a lot even for west coast cost of living.

Which politician's dropout nephew gets that job?

So...how's that holding up these days since you have to grocery get and eventually make that 9:15 PM run for diapers?

Reactions: AM64

Was someone holding you hostage not letting you move?

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back